1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 13th Aug)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 13, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Tuesday 13th August, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Leeds refused to budge from 5m for Kent

News has been filtering through from Anfield why Leeds were unsuccessful in their plight to bring Ryan Kent to Elland Road. The 22yo winger has been on Bielsa's radar for some time vand it was thought the two clubs would reach an agreement. Unfortunately this was not the case. Liverpool wanted 10m, whilst Leeds would not budge from 5m.

please log in to view this image

Yesterdays Press Conference

During yesterday's presser regarding tonight's Carabao Cup first round tie at Salford, Bielsa admitted (tongue in cheek) for the first time that it may not be a good idea to release news of the starting XI a day or two before playing! Did it make any difference when Bielsa revealed this line up 48 hours in advance?

Unconfirmed reports state that Eddie Nketiah, Mateusz Bogusz, Illan Meslier, Heider Costa and Jack Clarke will all start this evening at Moor Lane.

Anyone fancy a flutter

Bet365 are offering some interesting offers:-

Berardi to be the first player booked 9/1.
    Berardi to be sent off 33/1
    Nketiah to score twice - 7/1
    Nketiah tol score three or more 33/1
    Game decided after penalties 11/4
    Leeds to score a pen (normal time) 11/2
    Leeds to miss a pen (normal time) 14/1
    An own goal in the game 10/1

Rio reveals how he engineered his move to Old Trafford

Rio Ferdinand has been speaking to BT Sports about how he engineered a move from Elland Road to Old Trafford. He was prepared to go to any lengths to get what he wanted, including leaking the story to the press if it came to it!

He said: “Fortunately enough, I was never put in a position where I needed to go in all guns blazing but trust me, if I needed to, I would have. “At Leeds, I went and sat in Mr (Peter) Risdale’s office and just sat there and waited for five and a half, six hours. I just said I’m not going until you sort out the deal for me to go to Manchester United.

“I didn’t go public. We got to a compromise. We got to a point where he felt he got a good deal and I got my opportunity to go to Manchester United. But I was adamant I wanted to go because I felt it was the right time and right move for me.

“If he had said no and just put a firm wall up, I probably would have gone public with that. I just feel, as a player, it’s a short window in terms of being successful and to have a career. 10/15 years, if that. “Sometimes you have to make decisions that are a little bit selfish. As a fan, as a club, I understand that you might not understand that but it works both ways.”

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

So Rio was just a **** just like today's super-rich , over-powerful ****s.

IF YOU SIGN A CONTRACT FOR X YEARS THEN YOU HONOUR THAT CONTRACT OR BUY YOURSELF OUT OF IT. ANY PLAYER THREATENING TO "DOWN TOOLS" OR CAUSE DISRUPTION SHOULD BE LEFT TO ROT WITH NO SALARY OR SUED.

3. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

That self centred, big headed, drug sniffing cnut should have been kicked out of the game when he fckd off from training ground that time.
    He sat for 6hrs and demanded a move be sorted!!! he was tapped by that red nosed twat prior which should have been reported to the FA and made it difficult for him to move.

4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning To Mattand co from a sunnyBardsey
    Well it looks like we may see a lot of new players tonight Bogusz Costa Eddieand possibly Clarke and the new keeper
    Thanks to Wj Moe and me will be watching it at his new refurbished house tonight that was very kind of them to invite us for supper and will give Moe a further rest
    Nessy will probably leave on loan to Bolton and I hope he does well for them another club with a terrible ex owner
    Like to thank everone for there good wishes lets hope after Thursday when I get my results I start turning the corner but I did feel after meeting our GP working in the Aand E at Jimmies that our luck was getting better

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Rio loves to big himself up and always has done. He has made a great career for himself outside playing and fair play to him, so I'm not really fussed about what he has to say about anything. The big thing for me was we got a record fee for him and man Utd paid it all up front to help us survive. Story ended there for me and he was only 2nd best CB at the club and may have even been not as good as Dom.

The Kent story is a bit OTT as the fee Liverpool wanted was £10m and as he had only played SPL which is really L1 stuff Orta didnt want to shell it out which is fair enough. I heard we offerd £5m but would get it to £7m with add-ons. Kent knows he cannot get a game for Liverpool and Liverpool wont loan him out so lets see what happens in January. Kent could move abroad but won't go so has limited options

6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Bringing Moe to WJs for a rest..................<yikes> Has your good lady not suffered enough..<laugh>:emoticon-0105-wink:

Whitejock, MIGHTY and ellandback like this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Ooooops, sorry guys - the nine is next to the zero.

Liverpool wanted 10m, not 19....

Irishshako likes this.
  8. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Not like you to feck up, tell porkies, make things up....<whistle>

ellandback likes this.
  9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

<whistle>

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Davie Moyes has been on Talk Sport saying The Premiership needs Leeds.

Is it not the case the the Championship and the EFL need us more?

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ryan Kent in an interview had dig at Liverpool because he knows he will never play for the club and thinks he has been priced out of a move. Maybe hoped to be a Leeds player now

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Video featuring Emma Jones!!!!

Farsleyexile and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  13. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

£5m is the absolute maximum I would pay for Kent, I'd no objection of it being made up to £10m with a strict terms for add ons, ie 200 club appearances, England call up etc, think the club were spot on with this.£10m is a drop in the ocean for prem clubs as we have seen with some of the fees paid for average players this window, so the fact no prem team were willing to take a punt on him shows he's only really Championship level at best, so £5m was plenty.

There will be changes tonight but some of Saturday's 11 will start I think.

Ferdinand always said he used his move to Leeds as a stepping stone to where he really wanted to be,infact he said something along those lines not long after he arrived, which is why I never warmed to him, nothing new in what he's saying, only the fact he is reiterating what we all know, by what he was prepared to do, players have the power in football.

Moyes saying what we all know.

14. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

With regard to tonight, Radz and Orta have taken some stick over transfers but reading around various sites folk re excited about us starting Bogusz, Costa, Clarke, Shackleton, Eddie, Gotts, Sturijk Meslier using Berardi, Alioski. When in the last 15 years have we had talent like that coming in to replace some of the first 11 in a game.

15. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Indeed :emoticon-0148-yes:
    Morning all

16. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

2 answers
    Do I agree with David Moyes, for once yes the Prem do need Leeds.
    Should we replace Bielsa with the so called special one, being polite NO.

Farsleyexile, FORZA LEEDS and Gessa like this.
  17. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

He might be a nice addition for January but worry he might get a loan to Rangers before then

18. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Morning all.

I don't recall this at the time. Never liked the fooker after he left, assumed we had to sell as it was the start of the Ridsdale era meltdown. Hate him even more now.

Whitejock and Farsleyexile like this.
  19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

This was our team for the first round of the Carabao Cup just two seasons ago! Who say's we haven't improved!

13 Wiedwald
    2 Ayling
    35 Shaughnessy
    3 Borthwick-Jackson
    8 Anita
    43 Klich
    25 Vieira
    15 Dallas
    21 Sáiz
    24 Sacko
    45 Ekuban

Substitutes