1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 23rd January))

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 23, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Thursday 23rd January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road.

Leeds throw everything but the kitchen sink at Adams deal

In a desperate bid to secure the signature of Che Adams, Leeds threw everything but the kitchen sink at Southampton, in a last audacious bid to get their attention.

A package of 20m on the proviso Leeds go up, along with a loan fee believed to be 3m was put forward at the St Mary's Stadium.

Adams is yet to find the back of the net in 18 appearances following his 15m transfer from St Andrews. Surely this would mean that his value would have dropped significantly, yet the Saints refuse to move.

Saints reporter Dan Sheldon was quoted as saying:

Saints position on Che Adams remains the same - there's no interest in letting him go. There is a growing sense of bemusement behind the scenes as to why Leeds are continuing to pursue Adams when they've been firmly told it's a deal that won't happen.

With just one week until the transfer window slams shut, have Leeds once again left it too late to secure the signatures they need?

please log in to view this image

Whites pull off major kit deal with Adidas

Leeds have pulled off a major coup by securing a new kit deal with Adidas when their current arrangement with Kappa runs out at the end of the season!

The German sportswear giants have penned a deal with the West Yorkshire club whether they remain in the Championship, or are promoted, although the deal is worth more if the Whites reach the Promised land.

Gone are the days of Puma, Diadora and Macron. Is this another sign that Leeds have outgrown the Championship?

Leeds are also rumoured to be looking for a new shirt sponsor with the existing deal with 32Red expiring at the end of the season.

Who would you like to see as the new shirt sponsor?

please log in to view this image

Leeds remain odds on favourites for Promotion

Despite their recent poor run of form, Bookies continue to make Leeds odds on favourites for promotion.

Ueeentitled-11.jpg

Whitejock and Farsleyexile like this.
  2. DJMarl

DJMarl Well-Known Member

Morning..

I start work at 7:30am everyday, so this is a quiet time in the office everyday. So may as well look at today's breakfast debate!

Another day goes by, and no signings of note.. AGAIN!

Cant see Adams happening then, unless they do a deal that they cannot turn down, but that looks like it would have to be a ridiculous one, far better than the already good offers they have already done.. Time to move on to the next?

Adidas kit sponsor hey. First time we've ever had Adidas in our history... Wouldn't surprise me if 32Red re-sponsor our shirts with a hugely improved contract (If we make it into the Premier League). They don't have any presence in the Premier League (I think), so that would be in their interests?

With regard to who else could sponsor us, then I don't have any preference to be fair as long as its a huge contract and gives us some more cash in the transfer kitty.. I wouldn't be surprised if its yet another betting company..

Farsleyexile likes this.
  3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

It's looking increasingly likely that Bielsa has had enough of Bamford. If the club are willing to outlay a possible 23 million on Adams, he is clearly going to start games.

He won't say it publicly and will vocally back Bamford in the press but it's clear Bamfords days are numbered in the no.9 spot.

I'd like us to be sponsored by Fleshlight with free samples handed out at the club shop.

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning DJ,

The only thing that would help Leeds is if Adams put in a transfer request.
    The ball is in his court

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning DJ,

The only thing that would help Leeds is if Adams put in a transfer request.
    The ball is in his court

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all....

We need to move on from Che Adams, I feel uneasy about offering £20m for a striker that has a worse dry run than Bamford. Yes we want a striker to get us out the division but we’ll get promoted and have blown 30m on Costa and Evans who are not good enough for the PL

davy, FORZA LEEDS, Whitejock and 3 others like this.
  7. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Someone's bullshitting, if we've been firmly told its a deal that will not happen, then why persue it, tell Saints to **** off, look elsewhere and get Bamford in for extra shooting practice.

ristac, Farsleyexile, davy and 4 others like this.
  8. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

The way Bamford runs around closing down etc. he might not be an easy target to shoot OLOF <laugh>

MIGHTY, ristac, Farsleyexile and 6 others like this.
  9. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    I am begining to wonder if the Che Adams deal,is just a smoke screen? as were spending far to long on it. Twenty plus million for the guy, Ridiculous figure, Radz is a business man after all,as we all know he won't part easily with a fraction of that, Come 31st when nothing has happened again, the club will release a statement saying something like, we regret not being able to secure the signature of our prime target, due to circumstances beyond our control, we gave Southampton every opportunity to finalise a deal, so not our fault blah blah blah.
    I am afraid Radz & co will be trying once again to get promotion on the cheap, hope i am wrong, but let's wait and see :emoticon-0101-sadsm

ristac, leeds60, Farsleyexile and 3 others like this.
  10. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Ian Poveda undergoing a medical with Leeds United today.

Irishshako likes this.
  12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Ian Poveda undergoing a medical with Leeds United today.

leeds60 likes this.
  13. DJMarl

DJMarl Well-Known Member

So good you posted it twice? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

When was the last time you saw a penalty taken this well?

15. NostradEmus

We could sign Beckford for free. Just bring him on for penalties. I reckon we could get that one done.

southernwhite and DJMarl like this.
  16. southernwhite

:emoticon-0103-cool: Kinell, you just won't get a better taken penalty, so much pressure as well WOW.

17. southernwhite

Just makes you wonder, with the right backing at the time how far that team might have progressed, as the core of the team was excellent,just one or two aditions in key areas and who knows.erhmm hmm Sound familiar <grr>

ristac and NostradEmus like this.
  18. NostradEmus

Yeah, that's when I hung my scarf up. When we started selling off that team I stopped going as much. Ticket prices were rising and our best players were leaving.

I remember the teams who were with us in League 1 at the time who kept their squads together and went on again. Southampton, Norwich(twice), Leicester (they won the premier league), Swansea, Huddersfield. Even Brighton. We took the money and stagnated.

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Why would he want to shoot OLOF? <yikes>

OLOF and NostradEmus like this.
  20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

OR Ian Harte to just take set pieces

NostradEmus likes this.