1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 19th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 19, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Thursday 19th May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Villa to take their frustrations out on Burnley tonight

Steven Gerrard is hoping his Villa side take their frustrations out on Burnley this evening. The Midlands outfit currently sit 14th in the table, though victory could elevate them to 11th. The former Liverpool and England legend wants his team to be 'more ruthless and clinical in front of goal' and also conceded that they need to be more consistent at home. They beat Burnley 3-0 in the reverse fixture (at Turf Moor) just twelve days ago, though as we have become accustomed to, nothing is guaranteed in football.

"My players are frustrated and I really like it. I like that they’re really frustrated and, hopefully, we can take that frustration out on Burnley on Thursday night because if we want to be a more consistent team at home, we have to be more ruthless and clinical in front of goal".

"That's two games now in a short space of time where we're a little frustrated where we haven't taken the big chances that we're creating. We're doing ever so well to create them. A lot of away games we've been ruthless. "At Burnley, we were clinical to take the points. We've had chances; Man City late on to sneak a draw, chances against Liverpool, Tottenham in the first half, double figures in the first half."

please log in to view this image

Financial burden of relegation revealed

It has been revealed that relegation would cost Leeds Utd an expected £54m if the worst were to happen this weekend, creating a massive black hole in their accounts!

Premier League broadcasting will hit Leeds the hardest. On average, even with parachute payments, they would be £43.8m worse off. Commercial Revenue (retail and merchandising) would be expected to fall by £7.5m, whilst match day income is also likely to be affected (£2.5m).

If local neighbours Huddersfield Town beat Nottingham Forest in the play off final, they could replace Leeds in the top flight, guaranteeing them a bumper cash boost to the tune of between £180-200million.

During their first season back in the top flight, Leeds turned over £171m, despite the majority of games being played behind closed doors.

Veteran Broadcaster blasts Bielsa

Veteran Sports Broadcaster Richard Keys launched a vicious verbal attack on Marcelo Bielsa recently, claiming Leeds would have been relegated weeks ago had the Argentine still been in charge at Elland Road. Speaking from his personal blog, the 65yo also insisted that Jesse Marsch had 'done brilliantly to have Leeds in with a chance of survival', and further blames Bielsa for brutalising the Leeds team, leaving them running on empty.

“Whatever happens at Leeds is not Jesse Marsh’s fault “If Bielsa had been left in charge Leeds would’ve been relegated weeks ago. Bielsa left a team brutalised by his regime – absolutely shot – running on empty.

“Marsh has done brilliantly to have Leeds in with a chance of survival. “I’d save all three clubs if I had my way. “It’s going to be tough losing one this week.”

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    leeds60, bucks_is_leeds and Jammy 07 like this.
  2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Morning all.

Gut feeling is that if Burnley get a point tonight then they'll stay up....

and if they lose then we will.

Whoever takes momentum into the final day will survive.

Which brings us on to Everton who need to win, fail to achieve that and they're right in the mix come Sunday.

3. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    11 1/2 hours or so to go, before we more or less know our fate :emoticon-0107-sweat
    If we do go down I blame Radz & the board, Not Bielsa as we all know what you see is what you get, and would not changing anything even if he could see he was steering the ship onto the rocks with screams of LOOK OUT from everyone else, Marsch no either, as simply the same crew, but has not enough time to avert the ship from disaster so I think the blame lies squarely at the shoulders of the board from not replacing the captain of the ship at the first signs of serious trouble, as only then the impending disaster might well be avoided.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Morning all just hoping Everton lose and us and Burnley stay up.

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Ive decided Im going to mow lawns tonight to avoid first half of both games at least. Agree with Jammys analysis but Everton well capable of losing and would also be in the thick of it

6. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

The fact that tonight's game is massive for us as well as Burnley is a shocker. It shouldn't be like that. We just need Villa to have their game of the season.

I've been trying to point this financial problem for ages now. Relegation means a lot of players will leave. We'll have to sell some to balance the books and other will go as there's a World Cup in the winter and they won't get a look in if they're playing Championship football. A rebuild over the summer will not be good for is.

Keys is right. I don't like to agree with him but he's spot on. We should have fired Bielsa sooner and we'd probably be a lot higher in the table.

7. wakeybreakyheart

Is it only me who is enjoying this end of season Lottery

NostradEmus and Jammy 07 like this.
  8. southernwhite

Kinell, would give me a smile from an otherwise a crap season, i would love to see golden boy fwank take Everton down, not that i dislike Everton, but fwank :emoticon-0119-puke: , then he could yet add another failure to his managerial CV.

9. southernwhite

YES :emoticon-0107-sweat

10. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

upload_2022-5-19_9-37-45.png
    Momentum with Burnley who figured the Villa out. They'll start how they left off

11. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

3rd time lucky for the blues (is it luck or just home advantage)
    upload_2022-5-19_9-40-16.png

12. Jammy 07

Nope as I'm enjoying the ride as well <ok>

And if we go down then we'll have all the fun of trying to get back up again.

13. wakeybreakyheart

I would have sacked Bielsa when he refused to have more players before the season started.

14. wakeybreakyheart

No tears from me if we go down as today it's not in our hands. The money spent on rodrigo and james was a waste and could have meant a bigger squad. Then i believe the last game would be a dead rubber.

15. southernwhite

Kinell ask me and i would rather we were sitting tenth with nothing to play for, <doh>

16. wakeybreakyheart

That's boring.

southernwhite likes this.
  17. Jammy 07

Only dead rubber around here is the condom in OLOF's wallet <laugh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

That £54m black hole is plugged easy with fees we will recoup for those wanting away. Phillips 100% profit and even at £25m we get £7m more than we paid for Raphinha

Other teams that drop manage it and still keep a huge chunk of players, add to the fact we’ve got a very small squad it really should not be a major issue

leeds60 and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  19. Mr Wolves-White

Tbh I would have got rid round game 10. It was clear we were on relegation form however the need for a bloated academy really doesn't help

ristac likes this.
  20. Mr Wolves-White

No it's putting my nerves to the test and I hate it.