1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 3 May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 3, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

It has been revealed that Heckingbottom and Radrizzani had showdown talks just before the Barnsley game.

During this chat, the Chairman gave his Manager his unequivocal support.

Heckingbottom will be in charge of the Whites during the Summer, their pre season tours and beyond unless of course something happens in the meantime.

Charlie Taylor is looking for an escape route from Burnley! The 24 year old has only started 11 games this season.

Who would take him back?

Eleven Sports, the TV rights company owned by Radrizzani, has won the rights to broadcast La Liga matches to the whole of the UK.

Heads will be rolling at Sky Sports, as they had held these rights for almost 20 years.

Can Leeds benefit from this in any way?

Who remembers Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo? They were two youngsters from the Leeds Utd academy poached by Chelsea. The Blues were eventually made to cough up 5m for the pair.

Things did not turn out too well for the due. Woods is currently playing for non league Harlepool Utd whilst Taiwo has just been released by Falkirk!!!

If you could pick one of the following legends to turn back the clock and play for Leeds all over again, who would it be? What order would you put them in?

McAllister

Strachan

Batty

Radebe

1964white likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Yes I’d take Taylor back

It would have been McAllister last season but right now Radebe, in todays game Batty wouldn’t play half the games through suspensions.

3. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt

Interesting
    I'd forgive him for his misdemeanours & would definitely take him back, best LB we've had in many years
    The £5m benefited Leeds or shall I say Bates
    Would have to be Strachan or Radebe

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

The £5M benefitted Bates!

ellandback and Farsleyexile like this.
  5. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Morning ... The Chief without a doubt, pull the team together and lead by example

Chelsea are still stockpiling young talent of which 99% don’t ever see the First Team training ground ... interesting that Solanke left on a free to join Liverpool as he felt there was no chance of progression at Chelsea, and last night got on the pitch in a Chumps Lge Semi ... Taiwo was England U16 captain, but both he and Woods imploded spectacularly after “failing” at Chelsea, probably because of the big money they got paid way too soon ... Bates took the poaching to a Tribunal and swiftly magicked the £5m to the Caymans

La Liga TV rights is a massive loss for Sky, serves them right the Scum lovers

Hecky way out of his depth as has been noted by so many posters, don’t see the point of keeping him on after final game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucks_is_leeds and leeds60 like this.
  6. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a very sunny Bardsey
    With temperatures expected to reach the 80's in some parts by the weekend!
    Bates received the £5m for the pair I wonder which account in Monaco it went in
    PH I very much doubt will be here next season
    I think Tom Pearce will be as good as Taylor so why bring him back.No Taylor wanted to go so lets forget him
    Kyle Bart ley has a very bad injury which will keep him out for 12 months or more so why sign him a complete waste of money
    We need quality players now

southernwhite and ellandback like this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, good point about Batty...:biggrin:

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning 1964, Taylor could also produce a decent cross. Something that most of our players find it difficult to do.

Strachan was amazing wasn't he. He took loads of supplements I believe. Stuff like seaweed tablets!!!

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Mike...

10. 1964white

#
    Aye I did edit my initial post

leeds60 likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Pearce is renowned for being the most complete footballer at the club. Yes I would take Taylor back but not for £5m and wouldnt expect him to start every game because Pearce needs developing.

59 kids out on loan from Chelsea, which shows how they hoover up young talent. We should get some of those kids to bolster our squad. Wolves and Villa and Brum and Midds are using them, so why not. Radz has said he wants to do a Wolves next season, so big loans need doing.

I would take Batty because thats the area we dont have this season, only Forshaw with ghe others fading into insignificance.

If PH is still here next season it can only be because Radz doesnt want slating by the media again. He made a bigger screw up this time than with Thomas in my opinion. Maybe TC would have got into the top 10 at least

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning pal, must admit, what we would do to have any of those four in our team. All Captain material, and people you'd really want in the dressing room.

southernwhite likes this.
  13. 1964white

We hardly get a ball into the box as we've no wingers & lack of quality FB's. Pearce looks very promising & likes to get forward

Strachan ate loads of banana's too

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Mike, Tom Pearce's contract runs out this month. Amazed it has not been renewed yet...

15. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Morning all,told you all Radz is learning,he gave out all those four year contracts to all that dross,so no more contracts<doh>

ellandback likes this.
  16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, Isn't Chelsea's academy supposed to be one of the best in the World.

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning SW

18. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

I saw you liking chesh's post about my increasingly infrequent visits to ER.
    Very good considering you have been twice in your lifetime and one of those was on a freebie.....
    How do you spell hypocrite in Hampshire?
    :headbang:

What is more plastic than plastic?

Morning BTW <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

19. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Batty for me,what a leader & captain,no one would get past him without them knowing it first,but Ristacs right he would spend to much time with suspensions in todays game.Maybe Gary mc, as he could deliver one hell of a free kick or corner,who have we got now for that oh yeah Hernandez <doh>.Or the great Strachan one hell of a leader who led by example & never gave up who have we got now oh yeah Cooper <doh>.Radebe maybe who was just Brilliant.What some of these footballing legends must think of todays lightweights only they could say & i would not be able to put into print on this forum.:emoticon-0106-cryin

20. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Radebe in a heartbeat.

ellandback likes this.
: ho remembers