1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 26TH September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 26, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Thursday 26th September, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Radrizzani expects Leeds to be worth 300m if they get promoted!

Andrea Radrizzani expects Leeds Utd to be worth £300 million if and when they reach the promised land!

A Leeds source revealed that Radrizzani is committed to holding on to his 75 per cent stake in the club because of its potential value if they secure the holy grail of Premier League promotion.

Radrizzani believes the transformation in Wolves’ share price – the Premier League club were in a similar situation when Chinese owners Fosun bought them three years ago – is proof of how far Leeds can go in a relatively short space of time.

please log in to view this image

Orta reveals Summer strategy

Victor Orta has talked about how the club were forced to look heavily at loan deals because of Financial Fair Play rules.

Speaking to Offthepitch.com, he said the following:

“With the rules of financial fair play we cannot afford a permanent transfer, but we are really happy if you can make good loans it can be a good strategy. And in the past a lot of teams have been promoted with a good loan policy. It’s true that now this year, the new regulations with the Championship’s FFP were really restrictive. We were going to have loans to make an immediate impact and to really try and reinforce the team… with the goal of promotion”

Have Leeds missed out in the past by going for the cheaper options regarding loanees?

Will Bowyer come back to haunt Leeds?

Charlton Manager Lee Bowyer has been talking to the press about their forthcoming game against Leeds this weekend:-

"I think we always do our best against the so-called better sides," he said. "We certainly did that last season and I can’t see it being any different now.

“Leeds, Swansea and Fulham are all teams that will be up there.

“From what I have seen live and on the telly, Leeds are the team to beat. If you finish above them then you’re getting promoted – I think it’s that simple.

“They are a very good side. I watched their game against Derby and I don’t know how they drew that. They hit the woodwork twice and missed sitters left, right and centre. It was crazy to watch."

“I’ll watch them more this week, but they have weaknesses. They just bomb so many people forward.

“As good as they are going forward they are going to be vulnerable at the back as well. But you’ve got to get the ball first!”

In a previous interview Bowyer said that his dream would be for Charlton to stay up, and Leeds to get promoted on the last day of the season.

What kind of reaction will Bowyer get from Leeds fans?

Remember it was after the Woodgate / Bowyer trial in August 2003 where Bowyer was reprimanded by the judge for continuous lies that heaped pressure on the Leeds Utd senior Management to take action. This was the catalyst for the midfielder leaving the club.

Following the conclusion of the trial, Bowyer four weeks wages (£88,000) by the club. Bowyer refused to part with his cash saying he was being victimised. This was the beginning of the end, and one of the best English footballers in Europe was transferred to West Ham for £500,000.

If you were Manager....

What changes if any would you make to Saturdays starting XI?

What formation would you play?

Who would you drop?

bucks_is_leeds and ristac like this.
  2. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Harrison and Hernandez, make way for Nketiah and Costa.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I’d like to see us play with a proper number 10 be it Bamford and Nketiah or Costa or Pablo.

We keep taking Harrison off early in the second half, we need to either leave him on or drop him for a couple of games as it’s a double negative.

Harrison tries too hard knowing Costa is waiting to come on, Costa tries too hard in his limited appearance.

I’d go with Infidels suggestion, rest Pablo and Harrison.

wakeybreakyheart and Infidel like this.
  4. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Six consecutive away victories

Ten goals scored

One goal conceded

Why make unnecessary changes

Whitejock, Gessa and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  5. 1964white

You are joking

How poor were we when Hernandez & Harrison were subbed, we didn't create a chance in the last 30 minutes

We should never sub Pablo until the game is won

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Elland the headline stories I covered iff on yesterdays brekky thread <laugh><laugh> seems to be happening daily now, maybe someone reads this post and creates one of their own elsewhere then you lift it and put it back on this forum. Cut out the middle man and read through your own thread mate <laugh>

Anyway the main topics today and tomoz will be team selection again for Charlton. Do we play Eddie and Pat or drop Pat, do we start Costa and move Pablo to 10? Ll Forshaw go straight back in, will Douglas start instead of Alioski. When will Bielsa criticise a player

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I believe Derby changed formation at around the same time, Pablo hadn’t done much, Douglas and Alioski don’t work together, Costa looked lost. It wasn’t so much an individual that we missed with the subs, more the playing as a team

8. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok>

Would be nice to see Costa start and introduce Eddie a bit earlier

9. Nickwhite68

Nickwhite68 Well-Known Member

Morning all re changes think Forshaw in for Shackleton and Costa for Harrison.
    I'd start Douglas before alioski as well but only cos I can't stand alioski .

ristac and Doc like this.
  10. Infidel

Harrison cannot cross a ball, Hernandez is quiet for the simple reason he is being marked, Bielsa needs to give his team selection out the hour before kickoff, as we are now getting predictable, in fact if I was managing a team that was going to play Leeds i would man mark Philips and Hernandez, Hernandez cannot run about all day so he would be non effective after a short while. Philips would eventually get sent off with his frustration and rash challenges, please don’t say Forshaw and Klich will run the show.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019

11. 1964white

Although Pablo had created two chances in the first-half & is always capable of creating more at any given moment. We were toothless once he had gone

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  12. 1964white

I start Davis as neither Douglas or Alioski can defend

The other option is Ayling at RB with Dallas as LB

Whitejock, Gessa and Nickwhite68 like this.
  13. 1964white

Klich & Shackleton totally lost the midfield once the changes were made last Saturday

14. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Well that's just not good enough, wholesale changes urgently required.

Leedsoflondon, OLOF and Gessa like this.
  15. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ssshhhhhhh.....

16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Always like Lee Bowyer...<ok>

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Not only did 2 Derby players get done for DD but just found out Keogh got injured to his wrist and arm in the crash. He will have to learn to **** with his other hand

Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  18. Infidel

So why didn’t Philips step up to the plate and show his authority in midfield, we lost our shape when the subs came on!! Is that a responsibility of the manager to sort??

19. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Keogh out for the season according to the club statement <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Irishshako likes this.
  20. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<party>