1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 22 Mar)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 22, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

What is more important to you - Club or Country?

Leeds or your Country?

Has your allegiancies changed over the years?

Leeds have opened talks with Pablo Hernandez over a new contract.

Will it be one season or two?

Lewie Coyle performed get another Man of the match award for Fleetwood Town last night.

Surely he must be a starter for us next season?

If so, what happens to Ayling and Berardi?

Leeds United fans have taken to Twitter to express their anger after Paul Heckingbottom revealed in an interview with Radio Leeds tonight (Wednesday) that the club will have a “mid-table” transfer budget this summer.

Andrew Waugh@csameoldsameold
    Replying to @MattyHill83 @WYSdaily

The 'Wolves model' abandoned already.

please log in to view this image
    Andrew Waugh@csameoldsameold

Replying to @MattyHill83 @WYSdaily
    The 'Wolves model' abandoned already.

Matt Hill@MattyHill83

Cue the “We’re hardly gonna admit what our wage budget is on social media” brigade ...

West Yorkshire Sport@WYSdaily

PH on squad: "As people they have been good and the response has been good. We are going to have to do a lot of things better next season if we are going to try and get in that top 6 especially if we are going to have a mid-table budget" #lufc

Ben Cawley@BenLufcCawley

Don’t worry it’s all a lie to keep the prices of players down

PH on squad: "As people they have been good and the response has been good. We are going to have to do a lot of things better next season if we are going to try and get in that top 6 especially if we are going to have a mid-table budget" #lufc

Jake@maycockjake1

Next season should be a good one can't wait

SMILEY BADGE @BadgeSmiley

Doesn't inspire me to 're new my ST

Phelim Carville@phelimcarville

That's a hell of a way to sell season tickets

Max@_maxclough

Disgusting mid table mentality that we’ve spent loads

Jamie Kilburn@J_Kilburn

Hecky talking about being in charge next season AND us having a mid-table budget. Scenes @georgedrake95 @joeyford_

Jamie@LUFCjamie1919

Wow what a way to excite fans and attempt to sell season tickets.

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Close call between club and country for me at the moment. I can’t decide which is worse if I’m honest and yesterdays comments from various quarters don’t exactly fill me with optimism

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all

Firstly on England but its club first as the England set up is an embarrassment under Southgate. Would have loved to have seen what Big Sam could have done after the embarrassment of Hodgson. So the obvious candidates to replace Woy (Unless you're a dick at the FA) were Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche, or even Chris Houghton. Southgate did well bringing up the kids and because he has no respect from senior players he is having to go back to the kids he had as Under 20s and Under 21s.

PH opened his mouth either with the knowledge of Radz, which means he is playing the PR card, or he opened his mouth without realising how much stick the club were going to get. I've said it before many times but to get promotion you need a top budget and no wage cap, or Parachute Payments. 95% of promoted clubs to the Prem have that. 5% have a great manager who knows how to build a team for promotion. Macarthy, Bruce, Warnock, Pearson, Houghton, Pullis, Dyche. Even then those managers know realistically they will be relegated but know Parachute Payments will make them bounce. I'm afraid that what I've seen so far of PH is disappointing after 8 games in charge the team have gone into reverse and I bet Thomas is chuckling to himself.

We have a wage structure at the bottom of the league,and the midtable budget means money for transfers, but add the 2 together it means we need to top manager or we dont stand a chance. I could never understand why PH signs a new contract on Saturday and leaves on Tuesday with Leeds paying Barnsley £500k. Was it a tax fiddle, a gentleman's agreement or down payment on one of their players in the Summer. If not we have some idiots at the club

4. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Ell & all

Club first

Hernandez is arguably our player of the season, certainly our best in 2018, fully deserves a contract

Coyle wasn't far away from first-team selection, as soon as Ayling suffered his serious injury Coyle should gave been recalled in the January Window, he is our only fit attacking full-back

5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Mid table budget <yikes>
    thought you were going to be the next Wolves <laugh>

I can see you becoming the next Burton <ok>

Millwallsteve likes this.
  6. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

As long as we’re not the next Millwall

7. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Morning all. The one thing our club needs above all at the moment is a leader. It seems that we are drifting without a plan or direction.

ellandback, RCDM, 1964white and 2 others like this.
  8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

No fear of that is there <laugh>

We will no doubt shift on a few next season who Harris feels wont be of Prem quality shame you wont have a big enough budget to buy them from us <ok>

Get yourselves down here

Millwallsteve likes this.
  9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, I never watch the Internationals now so Club first.

PH is an embarrassment full stop.

Hernandez we need better, where will he fit into next seasons team? He’s best position is the same role as Saiz so if we’re able to keep Saiz free up a wage unless he is happy to be on the bench.

Coyle and Ayling battling it out for RB switch Berardi over to LB cut our losses on De Bock and Anita. Emergency cover for CB Ayling who I believe started his career in that position?

Next season will be more about who we can shift on before making signings, sounds a familiar story...

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  10. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a very sunny Bardsey
    Maybe PH is being very clever here by announcing that he will be given a small budget thus putting pressure on AR to give him more money
    We seem to be linked with Yiadom Macburnie and league one players .Well with all due respect this will not us to the top 6we need to make a statement of intent by buying a quality CB a goalkeeper a winger and a striker this will cost at least £25m can he afford it if not get someone who can
    I think the England set up is for prima donnas so I can't be bothered watching it
    It wouldn't surprise me to see our back 4 next season Coyle Ayling Pontus and Yiadom

11. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

We are currently 26 points off second auto spot which is where we should be aiming. Gap widening by the week. Thats going to take some making up and team rebuilding next season

southernwhite likes this.
  12. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

From a personal point of view,

I can't see Heckythump being here next season.

As I see it, he gave up way to early, you never give up while there's a chance.

He began experimenting at the wrong end of season while we still had a good chance, and opportunities to make the top 6. I understand he had to get a look at the players, but the experiments didn't work.

He doesn't seem to inspire when he gives interviews, if that's how he is during interviews, then the question would be, does he inspire the players if he talks to them in similar fashion.

I liked Heckythump at first, but I can't seem to feel confident with him, he doesn't seem to say anything that encourages or gives me a lift, and chances are, it may well be same with players.

:emoticon-0148-yes:

southernwhite and Jammy 07 like this.
  13. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

you paid 1/2 million for him why do you think he wont be there next season ?
    because I think youll find he will <ok>

14. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Still say you can only play with the tools you have at your disposal

Hecky has been dealt with a shambles of a squad, players who are not good enough & are stealing their wages from the club, an ultimate shambolic insult to our magnificent support

15. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You forgot to start with "so glory was right".
    Apart from that this is the best post you have ever made.

16. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

Morning all

Well PH said if the club will have a “mid-table” transfer budget this summer. He did not say we are going to have a «mid-table» transfer budget.

Whitejock and ellandback like this.
  17. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Personally I think the omission improved it

But of course that’s only an opinion

RCDM likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

a mid table budget would actually be an improvement. Rad has conned a lot of people intio believing him,. The club has been raped as much in the Rad tenure as much as it was under previous regimes...

19. Chippy / Glory

Only cos the poor fecker would be choking whilst admitting it.

RCDM likes this.
  20. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

I'm glad i didn't have a season ticket to renew <ok>

Glad i gave it up now, still care about Leeds and still go to a few games but i've had all hope beaten out of me over the last 15 years

Farsleyexile, Doc, Eireleeds1 and 3 others like this.
: lufc