1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 21st Feb)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 21, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have launched a new crest for next season only to celebrate Leeds Utd's 100th Birthday! (October)

The badge is not dissimilar to our present one.

It looks like Messrs Radrizzani and Kinnear learned the hard way not to mess around with our crest too much after creating mayhem last season with the fist pump crest.

please log in to view this image

What are your thoughts on the badge?

Did this need to be done?

Don't we have more important things to worry about?

According to legal expert Richard Cramer, the Championship XI (as they we know be known as), are not happy with the punishment dished out to Leeds over 'Spygate', and are considering their options with possible civil proceedings!

“What we don’t know is whether that’s sufficient to get rid of all of this. The EFL won’t take any more action. I don’t say that’s the end of it. It’s feasible for the 11 clubs to bring a separate civil action.”

Cramer went on to say that he thought the punishment from the EFL was harsh.

“They’ve not been found guilty of breaching any law, they’ve found a nebulous concept which basically says clubs have to act in good faith. But it’s such a difficult definition as clubs may be in breach of this every match day and get away with it.

“The harshness for me is that there’s no particular law that’s been broken, the club has been heavily fined and now there’s going to be a new rule that bans clubs from spying on the opposition 72 hours before. A lot of people would say that Leeds have been very unlucky and very harshly treated.

“I don’t understand where that figure comes from, most people would say give them a warning, suspend the fine. To take £200,000 out of the club seems very harsh, is it the football league awarding themselves a nice drink?

please log in to view this image

Barry Douglas has been speaking to LUTV and was asked whether the atmosphere in the Leeds dressing room was similar to that of Wolves, this time last season:-

“It’s different teams and I’ve had this question 100 times but you can’t compare,” the 29-year-old stated.

“What we’ve got this season is special and unique. The spirit we’ve got is something you rarely come by in your career. It’s a special time and hopefully we can create special memories.”

2. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning Ell and all.
    The badge is ok I suppose at least it is better than the last attempt. It's amazing what you can come up with on the back of a fag packet, more important thing to be honest.
    Regarding the Championship XI all I would say is bring it on do football a very big favour take it to a civil court.
    I don't think they would dare,all the dirty washing of the corrupt EFL would be held out for all to see.
    They would lose their case for starters.
    The EFL and by extension the FA would be placed under investigation by the government.
    So yes bring it on.

3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning All

The Championship 11 taking civil action against Leeds. I would assume, and this will make our Brexit Friends blood boil. They will be referring to

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.58.08 pm.png

I.e. Industrial Espionage

The Badge looks good, I assume that is to get some revenue to pay the fine?

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all <ok>

Seems to me we could be claiming a bit of rule 3.4 against these 11 ****erclubs. Especially when there are 3 of them board members of the EFL which must now have brought the EFL into disrepute. I suspect this is just paper talk because I think Leeds would smash the EFL and these clubs and win substantial damages as well as winning back the £200k from the EFL. Bring it on.

Wonder how cocky fat Frank is today after being turned over by the Wall

Irishshako likes this.
  5. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. I don't think anyone should be surprised at the conclusions reached by Mr Harvey, his business record speaks for itself. The complaints from the eleven objecting clubs are aimed at trying to gain advantage over Leeds rather than trying to arrive at what would be a just punishment. As we have known only too well at our club where money is involved shysters flock to get their share.

6. 2 pennth

Are you just trying to wind me up.
    Maybe we should stop allocating tickets for away supporters to our home matches to fans of the XI, I know this is action against the fans, but would no doubt create some action from them against their own club.
    Ps I noted the quick edit, well done.

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I don’t mind the badge, it’s not bad, it’s not fantastic either.

In regards to the comments of Douglas that’s good news, we know James wanted to join, we snapped up a Serie A keeper, players are liking our set up, not just Bielsa but the rest of the behind the scenes structure.

Bring it on those 11 clubs who are unhappy. At least it wouldn’t be the EFL heading the jury.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  8. Eric Le Merde

I believe the three Championship representatives were excluded from discussion re this matter.

I think Fat Frank could be dusting off his children entertainment scripts

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  9. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Morning all. If it is true about the XI then what a bunch of vindictive cnuts. This does smack of a vendetta if it goes ahead.

****ERS the lot of them!

OLOF likes this.
  10. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

There's probably a rule against that.

11. Eric Le Merde

Well spotted feind

2 pennth likes this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Crest is ok, nothing special, not mad about the leeds united across the top. Noted there is nobody delirious about Browns u23 performance again. WJ seemed to think he was average in game. Im wondering is he simply going to get himself fit for next season. Hard to see how hed have same passion for us as the rest of the squad as hes never played. Maybe others have seen blistering performances, I dont know

13. 2 pennth

Ever heard of Chinese walls and telephones, believe that and you will believe anything:emoticon-0148-yes:

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  14. lifecheshirewhite

Does WJ wake up every morning and thank Leeds for taking him away from Scotland ? :grin:

15. 2 pennth

Yes I am sure it is but is the rule open to interpretation, all the other rules seem to be.:emoticon-0148-yes:

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Eire the only thing I would say about Brown and the U23s is that he has stood out in some games and has scored 6 goals. He maybe a bit bored and hasn't had to overreach himself in these games. I think Joe Urquert said something similar last week as hes seen every game. Some players look like they are just cruising but the goals, the positional play, some of the balls he fires through are sublime and the players are really looking for him. A lazy player who lets his team mates down is usually ignored most of the time, but these kids look for him constantly?

Phil hay thinks Bielsa isn't convinced though, so I go with that until Bielsa picks him

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Ive watched some highlights, but not much of him in u23's. Dont know if its the pitchside camera angle or what but games seem to be played at a completely different pace, way slower and he does seem to be coasting. As I said, could be just the camera angle. Certainly hope its not a case that hes not bothered given the time the club and fans have invested in him. Ill be interested to see WJ's comments also as hes one of the few thats seen him play in real life as it were

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Used to until I met you! <laugh>

19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I just think he's going through the motions, and making sure that he doesn't get injured again. Simple, and perfectly understandable. I can remember him taking some hard tackles, but can't remember him making a fully committed tackle himself. It's almost like he's playing 5-a-sides, if you like.

The important thing to remember though is that he's doing these games to do the twisting & turning required to build up his body again. Bielsa's words, not mine. His injury may have healed, but the surrounding muscles/ligaments have to be re-developed as they've atrophied through being unused for so long. This is his situation in a nutshell atm.

I should point out that I'm happy with his progress, and so is Bielsa when he's putting him on the bench. It's almost like Bielsa is building him up mentally by doing this, as you would do with an u23 before you actually blood him. Won't be long now.

Jammy 07 and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  20. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Looks like we maybe the next football documentary on Netflix