1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 14 June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 14, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Popey revealed yesterday at 4.30pm that team Bielsa were in fact waiting for Leeds Utd to approve the argentinian's latest draft.

We don't know whats on the draft or whether or not team Radrizzani have countered Bielsa's counter!

What we do know is that all those journo's claiming to be in the know, are fibbers <yikes>

You may recall that on Monday Orta ordered the players to return to Thorp Arch early (18 June). This has now reverted back to the original date of 25th June.

We are all aware of Bielsa's positive relationship with Pep Guardiola. Should the final wrinkles be ironed out, do we asume that half of Citeh's reserves will be playing at Elland Road next season?

Do we care how we go up, as lomg as we do?

It loks like Boro are favourites to land Stoke central defender Robert Huth. The 33 yo ex German International has also been on Leeds radar in recent times.

Leeds remain favourites to land Citeh keeper Angus Gunn and Posh forward Jack Marriott.

Carpi are still confident that Leeds will buy Jerry Mbakogu. Their President was quoted as saying:-

“We are waiting for June 30th to complete the operation. In principle there will be no surprises, next year he will be at Leeds.”

Pick a Chairman. (From best to worst, and your reasons)

Bates

Ridsdale

GFH

Silver

Cellino

Radrizzani (on current form)

Eric Le Merde and leeds60 like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. No one signed. That’s the short version of Elland thread

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Got to say I do admire how you manage to keep the morning threads going at times Elland and I do enjoy them, I’m being serious, personally I’d feel like I was banging my head on the wall with things like the new coach and is he/Won’t he...

I wish the Jerry story would go away, we’re all trying to read between the lines, fill in the gaps and put 2+2 together, the NewsNow amateur journalists are doing the exact same.

I resigned to the fact Bielsa isn’t coming just over a week ago, you can only imagine what’s in the draft, what would happen if we failed in his expectations, we need to pull the plug and move on. Hopefully it’s a lesson to Rads that top coaches want more of a say, they don’t want to be Ortas YES man.

My biggest concern at the moment is if we rush now to get another coach after wasting time trying to get Bielsa and we end up with another yes man and Orta okays the likes of Jerry.

In my opinion we’re keeping Jerry dangling just in case, knowing he wouldn’t be approved by Bielsa but if it’s another PH coming in then Jerry will do.

Bates the worst, he totally new what he was doing from day one, set us up to be his cash cow with no intention of making us decent.

GFH next, totally clueless and very dangerous, we were lucky not to go under.

Cellino, he saved us at the time, he meant well but his ego got in his way.

Rads, he means well but he is a businessman, he has made us respectable, he has cleared the ghosts, he has cleaned us up.

Ridsdale I know he bankrupt us and he was the start of our demise but he didn’t intentionally set us out to fail like Bates did, he still gave me some of the best football I’ve seen, some exciting times, lots of positivity while it lasted.

Silver easy decision he was in charge when we won promotion and the old Div 1 before it became the PL the others between them don’t make up half of Leslie and his achievements

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, but you wait until 12.01....

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, and thank you. I think my fellow not606ers see me as the seeker of truth and justice... :angel:

6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning all
    Yesterday today was tomorrow but today tomorrow is Friday and still no news.

hemase likes this.
  7. patb

patb Well-Known Member

also got to say ELL is the best of the best i like to have a browse of other LEEDS forums and they are just like us(leeds utd) and ELL is like
    (man city):emoticon-0148-yes:

8. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a sunny but very windy Bardsey
    I totally agree with Riks post so well put I thoughtand in the right order too
    Lets hope he comes the man to end our woes hopefully!
    I didn't realise MATT we are favourites to sign Marriot I thought he wanted to go to Forest
    Strange transfer in the modern era Benteke joins Wolves from Bournemouth for a reported £10m fee he then joins Stoke on loan!What on earth is that about
    Jerry can will not be coming to Leeds we are stupid but not that stupid
    We still need a CB and goalkeeper Gunn looks the part
    We have been linked with 3 strikers Hernandez Marriot and Vydra which ones would you take?

Farsleyexile and ristac like this.
  9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Also I completely agree with you regarding the hierarchy of Chairmen.

Yes, Ridsdale made mistakes, but he owned those mistakes. Although ultimately the decisions that ere made were his, they were all agreed by the board. We are all aware of the fish tank saga and the Seth Johnson transfer just reeked of desperation. Had we finished above Liverpool that year, things could have been completely different for us. For me, selling Macca to Liverpool that season was the difference between 3rd and 4th place. I can recall him scoring last minute goals for the Pool on multiple occasions. Had he not, we would have finished 3rd.

DOL with his (so called) illegal dealings with agents costing the club multi millions of pounds, and his Bowyer / Woodgate book didn't do our club any favours either.

ristac likes this.
  10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning 2pennth. "Tomorrow is Friday and still no news". Are you ITK?

Spill.....

We have ways of making your talk.... <devil>

11. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. I think in common with many others we are past caring wether Bielsa joins us or not. The way the club has handled it seems to suggest that they have little expertise to run a football club and even less idea about PR. Bielsas list of demands does not suggest any enthusiasm for joining the club.

Farsleyexile, sniffer1 and Eireleeds1 like this.
  12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Pat, and thank you for your kind comments. :emoticon-0111-blush

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Good Morning Mike

Did you know that Nottingham is the only City in England where females outnumber males - FACT!!!

Forest, Rangers and Celtic are all in the hunt for Marriot, but I read that Leeds are in pole position...

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning WCD, weird isn't it. Most of us had not even heard of Bielsa a fortnight ago, now he is number 1 on our wish list!!!

15. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Not on mone he aint.good morning from a swaying truck in the boro area.

ellandback likes this.
  16. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Prem fixtures out ths morning lads...................

please log in to view this image

ellandback and Millwallsteve like this.
  17. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning all. I suppose it's me being odd but with everybody talking about football but nothing to watch until the opening ceremony in several hours time. This morning/ afternoon UK time would be good for an announcemnt as it would likley be picked up by all the media

OK that's a prime example of straw grasping !!!

Silver was the best Chairman and Bates the worst, Radz has the chance to be good but needs to get his Sh!t together pretty soon

leeds60 and ellandback like this.
  18. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

I'l tell everything in due course. If I told you now you would not believe it<doh>

19. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Now, now lad.............<laugh>

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Wakey, I'm not gonna ask <whistle>