1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 13th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 13, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Aston Villa are in the process of bidding 14m for Kalvin Phillips.

The 23yo is believed to be one of Dean Smiths top targets!

Who'd be up for selling our prize midfielder, and at what price?

Wolves are also interested in the defensive midfielder. The rumour doing the rounds suggests some kind of part exchange involving Helder Costa!

Thoughts?

It seems all parties have agreed for Jack Harrison to return to Elland Road on another season long loan.

Sources at Citeh say that Leeds are doing a great job of developing the 22yo.

Noel Whelan has blamed Leeds Utd for being greedy as interest in Jack Clarke cools down.

It is believed that Leeds have slapped a 20m price tag on the young winger, and Whelan believes that's over the top!!!

“Leeds have overpriced the young man from what I hear. They want £20million for him and he’s not worth that. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

£12million is a lot of money, but £20million is overpricing a player. You have to be sensible with a player’s valuation. He still has a long way to go.”

Farsleyexile and Whitejock like this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I think they’ve got the values of Phillips and Clarke the wrong way around.

Phillips was a key member last season, if Bielsa is willing to let him depart I just hope he doesn’t see Forshaw as the replacement

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Anyone else watching the womens world cup? what a load of shyte. Yes I'm watching most games but fk me its dire and without being sexist and having a go it riles me that the BBC are pushing parity in the wages of womens v mens football players. here's a fact for you: the World Champions USA played a warm up match against a boys club of 15 year olds and got beaten 5-2. If fans will pay £35 to watch a mens game and get up to 60,000 gate yet womens average gate is 1,600 and the charge £5 ....... Even in the USA where womens game is popular they still only get an average of 6,000 compared to the mens game of 20,000. Parity my ass.

Anyway It seems Bielsa has told Orta Phillips goes nowhere unless he has a better replacement according to Phil Hay and he goes on to say that even though money talks it would be a bad move as the fans would hate it. Popey has said it now looks likely that there will be a high profile sale because we need to fund any players we need to buy? Clarke, Pontus, Berardi are possibles and we obviously need to empty the number of players on our books who are not part of the squad. I see Clarke moving on for around £12m plus add-ons with Bournemouth, Spurs, Palace and Southampton interested. Wonder if Brecia and Cellino are still chasing Berardi?

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I think Whelan should STFU. Who cares what he thinks?

I wonder if he's considered that the £20m valuation may be designed to score other clubs off, 'cos they want to keep him & want to avoid inquiry after inquiry whilst they're busy pursuing their own targets. Or they simply might be trying to push up the price. We'll find out soon enough.

5. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I think LL would be delighted with the sale of Phillips. Everyone else less so.

I think whelan is forgetting the concept of an asking price. The message is, we don’t want to sell him ...unless you make us an offer we can’t refuse.

Given Clarke has had only a couple of exciting cameos, and Phillips was a core part of the team... you would sell Clarke ahead of Phillips.

bucks_is_leeds and ristac like this.
  6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Dont want to see any of our prize assets sold unless replaced by someone better first. Hasnt happened for the last 15 years and wont happen under this miserable regime. Usual policy, sell quality, get a loan of someone that might be nearly as good, but usually not

ristac and southernwhite like this.
  7. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning All,

To be fair Milky there are a number of players I would prefer to sell before either of them

8. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Hope that statements a bit premature but Well said though.
    If it was a more of the same deja voux,i really believe Bielsa wouldn't still be here,i believe exciting plans are being made for the forth coming season as we speak
    Good Morning all.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  9. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I really like the logic and optimism there mate. Does anybody know when Bielsa returns to work ?

10. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning SW and all.
    I believe someone said a while ago. "Let's get the new players in first before we start selling the Crown Jewels.
    Can just imagine us selling key players then having to settle for less talented players.
    I try not to take too much notice of all the speculation until we have club confirmation.
    Just hope I'm wrong and that Radz is not using LU as a shop window. I know I keep going on about this its just the feeling I have that I can't shake off.

Eireleeds1 likes this.

11. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I said that time and again

12. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

So it was you not my imagination :emoticon-0148-yes:

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  13. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Glad I read previous posts ,before posting as I was gonna say exactly the same thing
    The club can't win with some fans had the club put a price on Clarke for 10m those fans would be moaning he's worth twice that and the club are selling our prized assets

14. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well said about the Women's World Cup. Unfortunately the same can be said about most sports, and its not just down to physical strength.

I watch a lot of tennis, and the skill level compared to the men's game is extremely poor.

We're talking about racket control skills like serving, drop shots, lobs and positioning the ball close to the line. It can be amateurish at best.

15. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

The BBC are pushing womens football mainly because they can't afford mens football, apart from highlights for Match of the Day, which they pay over the odds for. If they had anything about them they would scrap MotD and put a bid in to show the EFL live games which would be more than Sky pay no doubt.
    I watched a bit of the Korea v Nigeria womens match yesterday and the crowd was given as 11,000 odd, but when it scanned around the crowd it was loads of school kids obviously on cheap packages or freebies, even if 6,000 of the crowd payed money at the gate I'll be surprised if they paid anymore than 10 euros. There is probably not a football fan in the land that would subscribe to a womens football channel and the only reason there is a lot of money floating around in the womens game at the moment is because the BBC and BT Sports are paying well over the odds for it. For women footballers to get equal pay they would need to generate equal income, otherwise you could argue that a Leyton Orient player should be on the same wages as a Spurs player.

16. lifecheshirewhite

Thing is they don't tackle,while some have skill, in a competitive game against men they are pub team standard at best.

17. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

You must be the only guy on here that knows anything about their skill levels. I can just imagine you & OLOF sitting together watching women's tennis live, with you using your knowledge to make appropriate comments, & OLOF using his crusty sock to be totally inappropriate! <whistle><yikes>

ellandback likes this.
  18. lifecheshirewhite

Carlos Corboran has turned down the chance of managing the Spanish team who wanted him and Phil Hay is leaving YEP.

southernwhite and Whitejock like this.
  19. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

So phil got the job then

OLOF and Whitejock like this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

The england side i watched for a bit against scotland looked like rugby players.