1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 4th November)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 4, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. Its Monday 4th November, and here is the latest news from Elland Road

Solid display sees Whites regain automatic promotion spot

Leeds returned to the Summit of the Championship (temporarily) after a solid display against play off hopefuls QPR.

Tyler Roberts rewarded Bielsa's faith in the Welsh International with a goal five minutes before half time. The 20yo tucked away his chance from the edge of the 18 yard box to beat Kelly at his near side post after great work from Harrison.

The match was wrapped up eight minutes from time when the aforementioned on loan Citeh winger latched onto a loose ball in the penalty area and calmly curled it round the keeper to put the game beyond the R's reach.

It would be fair to say that Biela's lads dominated the game and deserved their three points.

The only statistic, albeit marginal that went against the Whites was possession 49% to 51% in favour of Mark Warburton's side.

Out of eighteen chances, the Leeds found the target six times - a better statistic than what they are used to.

Bamford found the back of the net midway through the second half, but he was adjudged to be marginally offside.

please log in to view this image

Nketiah Injury jynx and Post Match Press Conference

Eddie Nketiah must have been overjoyed when on Wednesday morning, the gaffer informed him that he would be starting the game against QPR on Saturday.

Unfortunately for the 20yo, he began feeling unwell and headed to hospital for scans on a lower abdominal injury.

As of yet, we have no idea how long Eddie is going to be on the sidelines.

Bielsa explained in his post natch press conference

"Last night after training [Nketiah] had a pain in his abdomen," Bielsa said.

"It didn't allow him to participate today. At this moment we don't know how serious it is. Eddie was going to play today from the beginning."

Casilla faces 12 match ban if found guilty of racial slur

The FA have employed the services of a Spanish lip reader in their quest to resolve the Kiko Casilla racism row. If found guilty, the ex Real Madrid shot stopper could be sidelined for twelve games.

The incident dates back to the end of September when the Whites played Charlton in South London. Addicts on loan forward Jonathan Leko alleges that Casilla racially abused him during the game.

As a Leeds fan, if Casilla is guilty of the offence, do you want him at the club?

Is it unfair on Leeds Utd (and the player) that the FA have to go to extraordinary measures to try and convict a player?

Have you ever heard of this done before?

please log in to view this image

Attached Files:

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Excellent performance and proper way to finish the two goals. Obvious too why qpr haven't kept a clean sheet all season, terrible defence. Hope Eddies injury not too bad as Bamfords contribution, unless improves drastically, won't get us promoted

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

Firstly a great win, a great performance and some key players returning.

So Kiko's future could be in the balance by one lip reader? Nobody else on the pitch heard what was said??

Look in the mirror and say "Black" then say "Bollocks" then try "Bloody" they all look the same, okay he said whatever he said in Spanish but my point is how can a lip reader truly know what was said?

I was listening to talk sport the other day harping on about racism in football, I'm fine stamping it out but come on, if you want to stamp it out it isn't just black players. "You dirty Northen Bastards" is that acceptable, Fat if you're overweight, Welsh, Scottish, Paddy, Mick?

Is it okay to wave Turkish flags and make reference to those who were killed, it certainly wouldn't be to the families involved.

Racism is wrong but it isn't isolated to being a black footballer

I doubt any of us can truly say we have never used a racist comment in the past, if Kiko is guilty it was silly and wrong of him but no, I don't want him kicked out and if nobody witnessed it then he should be cleared

A crazy world where you can be banned for 12 weeks for calling someone a name but escape free of punishment for drunk driving, injuring someone, endangering life, fleeing the scene and everything else that was swept under the carpet at Derby

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    OLOF, Farsleyexile, patb and 9 others like this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

great win and yet again felt sorry for Bamford who needs to hit it first time now because he is trying to make sure and getting caught out. Overthinking Pat just smash it, oh and I think your diving header was on side.

fast Eddie is a worry because lower abdominal injury usually means hurt his balls or has a hernia and thats weeks out of action. How the hell did he do it when he was given his first start? Shagging by any chance as he did it at home?

5. Eireleeds1

Don't care what anyone else punishment was, if guilty, don't want to see him in a Leeds shirt again. Lots of decent keepers out there, sack him and replace same as would happen in any job <ok>

6. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I am fed up of all this racism or so called racism that it is supposedly going on, Lee Bowyer needs to get him in the office and have a word with him.
    The FA are a fkg disgrace, spineless twats that need sacking, the lot of them, maybe concentrate on the VAR bollocks, that is totally a joke just like that lot in office, and for once leave LUFC alone........ wan kers!!!

OLOF, Farsleyexile, davy and 3 others like this.
  7. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Morning all. World always seems a better place and much more enjoyable to post here after a win <ok>

8. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok>

9. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt Doc Rik WJand co from a wet bardsey
    A good win on Sat and yes I feel sorry for Bamford he is trying to hard but it will come
    Very impressed with Jarrod Bowen on Sat he turned Mawson who cost £25m inside out love him and his goals at ER
    Other good results was Towns win at Brentford that was 7 games without defeat and just shows how good the Cowley Bros are
    Kiko has been a silly boy but I was always told calling names can't hurt me so to me what has really been done
    I have analazide our remaining 8 games
    4 are winnable Luton Blac kburn Boro Reading
    2 are drawable or winnable Hull and Town
    2 banana skins which can go either way Cardiff and Fulham
    With these in mind I expect at least 48 points by the time we reach 23 games

wakeybreakyheart and ristac like this.
  10. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

What a load of

Load of b******s, QPR player called the ref a c**t after being booked on Saturday and the ref just carried on with the game. Some people need to grow a pair and get on with life.

OLOF and Farsleyexile like this.

11. Eireleeds1

Its my opinion which doesn't agree with yours but so be it

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But you’re going to base a guilty verdict on a lip reader? If this was a court case it would be thrown out, it wouldn’t even make the courts.

13. Eireleeds1

If you read my post properly, I said if guilty. IF

14. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Bit of name calling, snowflakes getting their knickers in a twist, it will be against the law to breathe heavy soon.

15. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

You'd better be careful then Xpod.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  16. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Be good to have the reason for breathing heavy.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

shut it bogtrotter

OLOF, Farsleyexile and Eireleeds1 like this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

you can talk with a username like that. :1980_boogie_down:

DirtyLeeds likes this.
  19. wakeybreakyheart

yeah I saw him mouthing off as well.spineless ref just ignored him.

20. wakeybreakyheart

I was going to mention their defence but I,m in a good frame of mind today.