1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 19th Aug)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 19, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Monday 19h August, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Comfortable win against 10 men Wigan

Leeds secured a comfortable win at the DW Stadium at the weekend courtesy of a Patrick Bamford double but not before the Latics were reduced to ten men. Wigan's midfielder Joe Williams got his marching orders on his home debut, following a second bookable offence on 21 minutes. The referee was left with no option after the former Everton youngster upending Bamford having just committed a similar foul on Dallas moments earlier.

Both goals were instinctive strikers goals. Its also good to see Leeds score from another corner, that's two in two games - both very similar in construction.

Let's have a look at the stats:-

Possession: 24%-76%
    Touches: 316-725
    Chances Created: 1-15
    Successful Passes: 92-487
    Attacking Third Passes: 42-132
    Shots: 6-20
    On-Target: 2-6
    Pass Acc: 53%-87%
    Recoveries: 28-47
    Crosses: 12-25
    Take-Ons: 7-11
    Tackles: 17-15
    Interceptions: 8-8
    Saves: 4-2

Do Leeds still lack fire power up font? 20 shots, and 6 on target against 10 men?

Bielsa's post match reaction

"It was a fair result, we could have scored more goals. Playing with one player more is an important advantage.

"It was a game full of free-kicks but today we played more calmly in defence than usual.

"The performance of the team is increasing day by day and game by game."

Do Leeds need Serbian International?

Leeds are interested in signing former Celta Vigo midfielder Nemanja Radoja. The 26yo who has played over 100 games in Spain's top flight, is a free agent and would therefor be able to join Leeds now.

The Serbian powerhouse, who is predominantly a defensive midfielder has also attracted attention from a couple of Premiership clubs. Radoja, who has an EU passport, was valued at £8 million only two years ago.

please log in to view this image

Eddie's price tag revealed

It has come to light that Leeds have forked out 4m on bringing Eddie Nketiah to Elland Road on a season long loan. Not only have Leeds paid the Gunners 2m for his services, but they will be picking up his wages, which are £35,000 a week.

please log in to view this image

NostradEmus and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. From the highlights and those stats, that a convincing victory. Eddie costly but in today’s market you pay for quality loanees and rightly so. If you want cheap you get Izzy Browns. His arrival may have been the kick up the arse Bamford needed. Noticed his cupped ear celebration to the Leeds fans at Wigan after scoring his second. Can’t say I blame him

dbc, Whitejock, Farsleyexile and 3 others like this.
  3. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a sunny cool Bardsey
    It just goes to show there is some vey good loanees out thereand WBA have once again found one in Dianaga from WQest Ham he was vitually unplayable when he came on as sub scoring twice and then setting Austin up one to watch this season
    I would love to see Bogusz given a chance soon perhaps he may play on Wed as Hernandez will be given a rest surely

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  4. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Just my opinion but I hope Bielsa gives the subs he brings on a bit more playing time and hope he finds a way to get fast Eddie involved more.

Well done to Bamford for grabbing a brace. Should we be getting more goals from 20 shots against 10 men.. I would say yes but if we keep winning games I don't mind.

Leedsoflondon and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  5. Normanbitmyleg70

Would also like to see fungus the bogusz man involved too at some point. I think now is the time to mix it up a bit so we can have a plan B and c.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

On the stats front for shots I believe against 10 man Wigan they were forced to park the bus which makes shots to goal ratio much harder. I agree though we must convert more chances or we have last season back again. So far this season we see an improvement because Forshaw, Harrison & Dallas are like 3 new players. White so far is better than Pontus and we have Kiko & Douglas playing well. We are not missing Ayling or Roberts yet and have not started Fast Eddy or Costa. So whichever way you cut it we are a stronger outfit and still have Shaks, Clarke, Bogusz, Davies and McCalmont in the wings waiting.

Speaking of which, today at 1pm we play our mates from Sarf Landon at Thorp Arch. Wonder what U23 team we field for this and will Fast Eddy and Costa get some time in?

Anybody surprised that Mitrovic will not be punished for feigning injury and rolling 43 miles in agony? no me neither yet Bamford got a 2 game ban right at the crucial part of the season.

dbc, Whitejock, Farsleyexile and 3 others like this.
  7. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0183-swear

Good morning everyone

And a GOOD MORNING to SPARKY/BRIZZIE/MIGHTY & all, SORRY BUT NEED TO SHOUT FROM UP HERE.
    <laugh>

8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As soon as Bamford had scored his second, Bielsa should have used all three subs. Game was beyond doubt then, and against 10 men.

9. Eireleeds1

A question for you Doc. I don't understand the u23 thing at all. Surely we were promoted last season? If so, how the hell are we playing Milwall ffs. They couldn't have an u23 setup comparable to ours surely

10. Normanbitmyleg70

I agree. Ideal time to give subs game time and see what we have in reserve for future reference. Only my opinion though - Bielsa is God of course.

ellandback likes this.

11. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I think the fact Bogusz didn't come on against Salford, when we are 3 up, shows he won't be starting any time soon..

Whitejock likes this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

This league is the PDL or Professional Development League, which is now part of the Elite Player Performance Plan, but click on this link and it will explain it as there are Northern and Southern leagues and as we know the winners North and South then have another final to give an overall champion. I believe this league is below Premier League 2 and Premier League 1 and part of qualifying for the prem leagues means you have to be able to do certain things with your academy and facilities to qualify, not just football

https://www.premierleague.com/news/58895

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  13. Eireleeds1

Thanks Doc. I thought it would be an auto promotion thing but that makes sense. Bit disappointing to be still in with ****e like Milwall though still

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, a great win and top of the league.

I’d rest Pablo and play Costa against Brentford, no other changes. Bamford was right place at the right time, I’m pleased for him though and you could argue you still need to be in that right place so give him credit for that.

His confidence will have increased so he’ll start against Brentford. It’s hard dropping anyone who hasn’t done anything wrong but Costa and Eddie will expect game time and I think once Bamford hits a dry patch Eddie will make the striker position his own.

15. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Hernandez doesn't need a rest, he's only played three games ffs

16. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. I didn't get up till 9 o' clock this morning but I'll be having a siesta this afternoon.

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We have 4 games in 10 days and no way can Pablo do that and if he does he will never make the whole season again. Last season he went missing when we needed him most because hes 34 and will be 35 this year. I would guess that would be a lesson learnt by Bielsa

18. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

That was after he'd played getting on for 40 games. Pretty sure at the moment he's feeling fit and fresh after only 3 games, in fact he'll be fine playing the next 4 games in 10 days.

Bielsa never changes a winning team, it's just the way he operates.

Irishshako likes this.
  19. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

Infidel likes this.
  20. lifecheshirewhite

No promotion