1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th Oct)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 15, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Peacock Farrell and Dallas both played 90 mins as Norther Ireland went down 1-0 against Austria.

Klitch was suspended for Poland's game against Italy and Alioski scored for Macedonia. The good news is Leeds have no new injury worries.

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary since we were last awarded a penalty!

Samu Saiz was brought down in the box in stoppage time of Leeds United's home clash against Reading.

Even more surprising, Pablo missed it!!!

Guess who pointed to the spot - Jeremy Simpson!

In a recent interview, Jack Harrison was asked where he sees himself in five years time. The 21yo declared his ambition was to be playing for Leeds in the Premier League.

“Hopefully playing for Leeds in the Premier League,”

“Honestly, I’m not looking past earning my spot in the next game.”

“It’s a massive club with a world-renowned driving force of dedicated fans and obviously with Marcelo, it seemed an opportunity for the taking. I had a few really good options, but Leeds felt right.”

Barnsley u18's beat Leeds at Thorp Arch on Saturday 2-1 to earn local bragging rights. The Whites starting line up looked like this:-

Rae, Burlace, Stanley (Shergill), Leak-Blunt, Casey, Kenneh, Hudson, Jenkins, Kumwenda, Haugland, Huggins

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt & everyone

Thank god for Mrs Jansson & the imminent birth of their child

Jansson is the mainstay of our team/defence & he is one player we don't want to lose through injury at any stage this season

So glad Klich didn't play this weekend too !

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, I hate International breaks but Bielsa needed this one and glad players like Pontus and Klich were unable to play, equally pleased the rest managed not to get injured

4. wf10white

wf10white Well-Known Member

Morning all....totally agree ristac, I hate the international breaks as well. Its really boring without any proper football to watch. The only good thing about it is that we've had time to get our injured players back..

ristac likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

International breaks are crap, boring and means having to spend more time with her indoors.

The U18s are a bunch of kids learning their trade and being assessed to see what role and position suits them best. A lot of players in that line-up are new and good to see our new rising star Huagland played as big things expected of him.

ristac likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Lewie Coyle's birthday today and to be fair to him he is one of the players having an outstanding loan spell away from the club. last season he won the player of the year from his loan club (Unusual) and he also won the fans player of the year. He played in every game and so far this season has done exactly the same. I expected him to be retained this season as a great right back, but Bielsa sent him out on loan again? Does this mean he will be surplus to requirements? will he ever get a chance or is it too late now? Bryce Hossanah is the stand out right back for the kids but been out injured this season

7. 1964white

I seriously hope not, only player I'm really bothered about out of all those on loan

Bielsa should have kept Coyle this season, would have slotted in nicely as a wing-back v Blackburn with Ayling missing

Doc likes this.
  8. davy

davy Well-Known Member

So, Jansson to be charged by the FA, while diving to cheat the referee and headbutting an opponent are ignored.

We may also be cited for objects thrown after the non-penalty was converted.

What can the fan base do to make our anger and incredulity clear to the corrupt bastards?

<grr>

9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

The only way we can stick two fingers up that those shower of twats is to win promotion.<ok>

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

11. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.

While I am not surprised by the charge for Jannson, what he did is against the rules, the anger we all feel comes from the joke decision to not punish for the headbutt, diving or inciting the crowd.

The decision making here is ridiculous and EFL or FA are making themselves look very incompetent.

I don't normally subscribe to the corrupt angle but just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you

12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Im glad he said it in front of the cameras.it shows how disgusted he was with that inept referee who should have sent one of theirs off.he was biased and it was clear for all who wanted to see it.
    Good on you pontus for showing your disgust and feck the lot of them.

13. 1964white

Me too Wakey

Heat of the moment words from Pontus tbf

Many fans came out of the ground extremely annoyed, shove a microphone in their faces & listen how our fans would have reacted, human nature tells me the reaction would have been the same

14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Good evening all. Don't think it will be the swear word that is the issue, it will saying he felt robbed by the referee that's caused the trouble if the FA view it as calling the ref's integrity into question. Very quiet on here, be glad when the proper footie is back.

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

17. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Evening all :emoticon-0148-yes:

I’ve got two spare tickets in the cheese wedge for Ipswich if anyone wants them. Don’t need / want any money for them. Ben & I are still going but need to do this one differently for personal reasons so can either give them to you on the day or post them.

Please PM me anyone that is interested, obviously it has to be first come first served because there isn’t a lot of time.

Offer open to all :emoticon-0148-yes:

18. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Agree not much soccer being played at the moment :emoticon-0105-wink:

19. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

<doh>

20. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

I hate them too but probably needed it personally. Just done an interview for a Blackburn fan in readiness for Saturday so will post it up when I get the final copy.

ellandback, Farsleyexile and ristac like this.