1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 15th July)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 15, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning Everyone, here is Monday 15th July's #LUFC Breakfast Debate.
    Could Klich be joining Bailey Peacock Farrell at Turf Moor?
    According to The Sun, Burnley are planning a double swoop for BPF and Mateusz Klich.
    We heard about the interest in the young Northern Ireland goalkeeper last week; however it is believed the the Clarets are in need of a goal scoring midfielder! Although Klich only has a year left on his three year contract, Leeds have an option to extend the deal by a further 12 months. The Polish international played 50 games last season, scoring 10 goals and nine assists.
    Is Klich instrumental to Bielsa's plans?
    If you were to sell the 29yo, what fee would you ask for?
    please log in to view this image

Wendies exploit FFP
    Sheffield Wednesday have sold Hillsborough Stadium to a third party controlled by their owner Dejphon Chansiri in order to avoid FFP! They become the third club to do so, Villa and Derby being the other two.
    According to their accounts, the sale of their ground for circa 60m produced a profit of £38.1million.
    Without the sale, Wednesday would have reported a £35.5m loss, placing them in big trouble with the Football League.

What would have happened if Leeds had shown such a blatant disregard towards FFP?
    Have these three teams broken any rules?
    If not, neither had Leeds regarding Spygate. It didn't stop the football authorities from throwing the book at them!

Phillips contract talks update
    Tottenham are hovering above LS11 in the hope that talks break down between Kalvin Phillips and senior officials regarding a contract extension. The Leeds starlet's contract is due to end next Summer, and the club is keen to extend that deal as far as they can.

Although Leeds have slapped a 30m price tag on the 23yo, Spurs Chairman Daniel Levy believes he'll have leverage if talks collapse. A rumour around Elland Road is that Phillip is agreeable to a new two year deal which he can break if Leeds do not get promoted next season.
    Thoughts?

Is Liam Cooper the right man to wear the Captains armband?
    Its fair to say that Cooper has his best season last term, but during the second half of the season when the squad needed to stand up and be counted, many fans believe Leeds bottled it! Whilst this cannot be solely blamed on the Captain, we all though that there is always a mistake in Cooper which the social media boo boys will exploit.
    If Cooper strong enough (and good enough) to guide us to the Premiership?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Morning everyone, no comment until I wake up. :)

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I’m not sold on Cooper but coaches and players alike all seem to feel he is the right man for the job. Phillips with a get out clause for non promotion, as long as it has a release fee attached I’m fine with that.

Klich went off the boil long before the season ended, he is a decent player, if Bielsa wants him to remain we need to resist all offers, if Bielsa believes there is better like Sawyers then cash in.

The Wendies selling their ground along with others who have done the same, they’ve all played their joker. I’d hope Rads would do the same with us if we got into that position.

Man City have been getting around ffp for years on a far greater scale

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Still plenty of speculation but until anything concrete happens a bit pointless. I also see that Reece Oxford is back on journos radar with a couple saying Bielsa is going to get him and WHU may even loan him?

A big week coming up for players leaving the club as we get confirmation of Sacko, Ekuban and Anita leaving plus confirmation of Idaguchi and we should get news of the Saiz shenanigans. Saiz spent 2 days in court last week trying to clear his name so interesting to see how that went, because we could have a worthless player on our hands. Another player who will probably depart is Tom Pearce

5. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Keep Cooper as Captain imo. As stated previous coaches and players have all picked him as Captain so there must be something. I think he has held himself well when representing the club off the pitch as well.
    If we changed now chick it have a negative effect on the dressing room? Also people have been callinhg for Phillips to be Captain.
    What effect could this have on him? It might be good for him but, in a year we are talking about building everything around him, do we want to give him the extra responsibility?

I like Klich but would be ok if he went only if a replacement of Bielsas choosing was planned.

As for FFP. What's the point of discussing them? There are that many loopholes as to make them pointless plus we have an owner who seems to be the only owner in the league willing to follow then

Doc and ristac like this.
  6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, I heard a rumour that Leeds and Saiz had nullified his contract by mutual consent.

7. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Klich

Won't be going nowhere, he is a important of Bielsa's team & will no doubt be in the starting line-up v Bristol City

Phillips

Kalvin is staying, he doesn't want to leave Leeds

Anyway the Leeds fans out in Australia have a cunning plan to shackle KP with chains on his return home after he has destroyed scum

Cooper

Can't see Marcelo taking the captaincy off Coops now, why would he want to unsettle one of his main players ?

FFP

This is a complete joke & obviously only applies to a few clubs, us being one of them if we step out of line

ristac and ellandback like this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

That would be like giving away £3m minimum so no chance.

We paid £3.5m for him, we agreed to loan him out and be paid £6m by Getafe who reneged because Saiz was crap. There were other Spanish clubs wanting him but then the match fixing issue blew up, which by all accounts he isnt involved in. He was told to find a club or be back at TA where he would train on his own and if he fails to comply would be sued by the club for the value of his contract. So not likely mate unless he has bought out his own contract.

9. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. The right man would be an inspirational captain like Billy Bremner but we haven't got one. I thought the team chose the captain?.Don't blame Liam for not being Billy.

Whitejock, ellandback and hemase like this.
  10. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning,

Klich, if we were to sell him to Burnley I would demand that they pay us up front and not instalments and an amount that was enough to get Neal Maupay from Brentford. For BPF I would want Joe Hart or Tom Heaton in exchange and £3 mil.

As a captain we need his masters voice on the pitch, Liam is too popular. As I think I have said before for me it would be Phillips.

FFP rules only apply to Leeds, if you read the EFL rules section C paragraph 20, subsection c(iii) and refer to the referenced appendix, that is in draft form you will see that all clearly written.

ellandback likes this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning WCD, I just think Cooper should just try and concentrate on his game, and less mistakes.

Every mistake he makes on this pitch dilutes his Captaincy in my option.

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Hamase

I think WCD is right.

I don't think we have anyone really with leadership qualities.

If I were to have to choose my top 3 leaders, I'd say:-

Ayling
    Klich
    Roofe

In my opinion Phillips is too young.

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eric, I'd have to say that Phillips is too young to have the necessary leadership qualities

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning and welcome SiDaPie

15. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

I'm a great believer that defenders, especially Central, make the best captains so that's another tick for Cooper.

One thing about Klich. I don't want to see him go by any means but this is the season I hope to see Shsckelton step up. Is Klich the player he is going to replace?

16. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Ahem, I have had to look this up but Bremner was, I believe, 22 when he was made captain Kalvin is 24 in Dec.

17. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Klich: We don't need to sell anyone else now, but if Bielsa is happy to sell him, then I'm happy too. Leaves a space for Shackleton to fill, & might actually result in Forshaw being the player we all hoped he would be. #ibwt

Phillips: KP is a Leeds lad, & if he says he wants to stay another year, then he wants to stay another year here. More chance of the club agreeing silly money than him wanting to go.

Cooper: Captains aren't just captains on the field of play. Coops clearly has something that makes all of the players & various managers want him as captain. I watched him coax better performances out of nervous Silvestri & BPF, only for them both to fail when Coops went out injured, resulting in them being constantly screamed at & subsequently losing confidence. I should add that Jansson was one of the guilty parties here, yet some wanted him as captain. Shouting a lot doesn't make you a great captain. Every player needs to be treated differently, and Coops seems to be a natural in this respect.

FFP: Like Ristac says, some clubs have now played their joker & have no way out now if they don't toe the line. My biggest beef with it all is that the current setup allows clubs to gamble and win £170m, with the loss of only 10 points, which is nothing if you've bought a cracking team. The rules should state quite clearly that you forfeit promotion if you fail FFP. A simple amendment that would make the gamble pointless. Yes, you'll hear that it's impossible to put this in place, but it's not. Not if you want it to work. They seem to be happy to turn a blind eye to some clubs.

18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

stay asleep no one will miss you <whistle>

19. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Your point about Cooper raising the confidence of BPF is a good one.
    Like you say Janson was just a screamer and for a lot of players that doesn't work.
    I think it was the Stoke game where Janson screamed at BPF and BPF just completely ignored him like he'd heard it a hundred times before.
    Definitely wantwa Captain material, especially if all the other stories about him are true as well.

Whitejock likes this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Last season the YEP published a list of academy players who they thought would make the breakthrough

1. Sarkic
    2. Rey
    3. Edmondson
    4. Dalby
    5. Hosannah
    6. Diaz
    7. Clarke
    Still waiting to find out about Sarkic and Rey but Dalby and Clarke have been sold and Diaz released which only leaves Bryce Hosannah (RB) and Ryan Edmondson.

We are in the fortunate position of having some extremely talented kids available including 4 U18s who could all make an impact in the first team this season.

1. Bogusz
    2. McCarron
    3. McKinstry
    4. Kenneh
    Then we have U23s

1. Miazek
    2. McCalmont
    3. Davies
    4. Stevens
    5. Shackelton
    6. Odour
    7. Edmondson
    8. Gotts
    9. Mujica
    10. Hosannah
    So plenty of players from the all conquering academy of last season and without even mentioning our U16s who just won a European trophy and we actually added new blood. Bielsa and Corberan can actually plan the first team with introducing quality kids as back ups all around the park whenever required. No we dont have billions and cant splash the cash but do we need to?

davy, Farsleyexile, ristac and 4 others like this.
: LUFC