1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 13th Aug)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 13, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds executed a well planned Ram Raid at the Pride Park Stadium on Stadium leaving Frank Lampards men shell shocked in the process.

Goals by Alioski, Klich and a double from Roofe gave Bielsa's men maximum points, elevating them up to an automatic spot.

Christiensen and Heckingbottom should be charged by the FA for impersonating a football Manager.

Real Madrid are keen to loan Martin Odegaard to Leeds on a season long loan.

The Mirror claim that the La Liga heavyweights are set to ship him out in order to continue building his development four years after arriving in the Spanish capital.

The 19 yo plays as an attacking midfielderr and is already a Norweigan International.

Leeds fans hit social media after the Derby game claiming Peacock Farrell was 'weak' and described his performance as 'horrendous' following his blunter on Saturday.

Derby's free kick on 12 minutes seemed to go through the 21 yo, saying that, the rest ofhis performance was good. He commanded his area well, distribution was good, looked comfortable under pressure and made easy work of the saves he had to make.

Who should be Leeds number one keeper?

Why are Leeds fans so unforgiving on social media / forums?

Whitejock, Farsleyexile and 1964white like this.
  2. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok>

BPF is a part of a team thats given us to terrific performances. Ok, it was a clanger but we dont need to be on his back about it. Blackman in for the cup game and he has his chance to stake his claim

3. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt & everyone

Still buzzing after that performance at Derby

Peacock-Farrell should start v Rotherham, yes he made a clanger but showed great character & composure after his error & was fine for the rest of the match

Barring injuries I think Bielsa will stick with the same team v the Millers

Bench & U23's v Bolton

4. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

Steak?? :police:

5. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Yes please <laugh>

6. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

I think Bielsa will stick with his young keeper for league matches, but may bring Blackman in against Bolton.

7. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Beginning to be a bit of a concern for me. That howler plus the one he palmed into his net in preseason. Only thing is I don’t know if Blackman is any better.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Social media is like the OK Coral and great for learning about twats who don't agree with you <laugh>

BPF is No2 for me and will be replaced tomoz and as Bucks says its then down to Blackman to stake his claim and keep the shirt until he makes a mistake. I think we will see that with the whole squad. Rotation isnt something Bielsa likes, he replaces players who make errors so keeps everyone on their toes. fans should desist from slagging off any of these players whatever the reason, and thought we should all have learnt a lesson after last season where everyone was slagged off and then it turns out we had shyte managers and the players are actually quite good. Leave it to Bielsa as he never listens to us or Glory

On the subject of Norwegian players Young Alfies boy Haaland is top scorer in the league so far and scored again as did his new team mate Pawel Cibicki

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. I admire the way BPF recovered from his clanger though. While not tested often, anything he did was with confidence, coming off his line and actually catching crosses. Neither of last seasons keepers would have done that and would have been rooted to their goal lines letting in more clangers. Having said that, if Blackman is better then Id prefer him between the posts. No room for sentiment Im afraid

10. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a dull Bardsey
    WOW WOW WOW that was some performance at Derby what a difference Bielsa has made in such a short time I failed to recognise Roofe and with a bit pf luck could have had an hat trick.I must admit before the season began I was all for letting WBA have him for £7m I wouldn't now for double that
    Where did you get that Madrid wanted a prodigy to come to ER Matt .He was the most sought after young player ever so it would be a real coup
    I still prefer Pontus to Berardi there is always a chink with this lad and he is not a CB and I still think we need a CB
    I think Blackman will play tomorrow along with Pontus Bamford Shackleton Harrison Roberts this will enable him to assess these lads
    Finally Oliver Norwood is going to the blades and Madison to Forest

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018

11. wf10white

wf10white Well-Known Member

Morning all

12. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Morning <ok> You all unpacked and recovered from the holiday?

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Thing is Blackman made a howler pre season too. I noticed in the World Cup how many supposed world class keepers made howlers and how many long shots seemed to go in in the middle of the goal. The one on Saturday seemed to go over him and dip and swerve late. Not making excuses, I’m sure he thinks he should have saved it but it wasn’t a soft shot through his hands type error.

Not sure I’d replace him... don’t think one error and you’re out is good management.... (Klich last year?) any more though and it might be different. Agree there’s no room for sentiment.

OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  14. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all.

I was fine with BPF's mistake, I had Leeds score and win.

Whitejock likes this.
  15. wf10white

Hi bucks... unpacked yes, recovered no. Doing my best to resist going on t'interweb to arrange another

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  16. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

You get the bug dont you? Still, worth booking as far in advance to get a decent rate, or last minute of course if your a risk taker! I've recently changed jobs so havent had anytime off this year. I'm thinking about renting a villa or cottage for a long weekend down in Cornwall or something in the next few weeks but that will be me this year <ok>

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Milky going by Bielsa’s history and what he says to the media here. He likes 22players thats all so that 2 players for every position. If on egets injured or suspended the other player comes in. He doesnt rotate the squad he changes a player when he messes up so that it teaches the players that if they want to carry on in the team they must perform. It teaches the No2 to take the chance and keep the shirt and it works for Bielsa and never has any dressing room unrest because the players know they are well paid and have to perform if they dont perform they still get paid but will sit on the bench

18. wf10white

Yes, I heard somewhere that the first week after returning from holiday is the most common time that people book another holiday, probably helps banish post holiday blues.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, I was hoping for a real top class appointment in goal before the season started, someone like Gunn on loan but when we got Blackman I did wonder if he was going to be any better than BPF. If we drop him after one blunder that is really harsh, what is it with Leeds fans on social media pressing self destruct, why don't they tweet him reassuring messages like don't worry, you're a great keeper you'll bounce back, it's all about confidence, we love destroying our own, either way he is miles better than Felix and Lonergan, I think on par with Blackman.

In regards to the win against Derby I am still buzzing, I'm really looking forward to the Bolton game because it will be interesting to see what the other new signings are like and a special mention to Klich, a lesser player would have buggered off refusing to return or play AKA Bianchi style but he had a point to prove and boy has he proven it, he really is like a new signing.

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning wf10 hope you are well and enjoyed your pub visit with the Mrs ;) <ok>

ellandback likes this.