1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 7, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Is Peacock Farrell on his way out of Elland Road?

Speaking from the Northern Ireland camp, the 22yo was quoted as saying the following:-

“If I stay at Leeds I’ll be staying at Leeds to play. The two scenarios would probably be I’m staying at Leeds and I’m playing or I’ll have to be elsewhere I think.”

If the rumours are true, Leeds are open to the idea of parting with Casilla, who lets be truthful has not justified his 30k a week contract, but should this happen, is Peacock Farrell ready for the number 1 jersey?

We know that his shot stopping is good, but distribution and defending free kicks are most certainly questionable!

Thoughts?

Bielsa has flown out to France to have his say on what is needed over the Summer to ensure promotion!

Speaking to the press, former player Noel Whelan said the following:-

“If there is some kind of investment, that is a very promising sign for Marcelo Bielsa. He wouldn’t be in Doha unless it was to discuss players.

That is encouraging for Leeds and everyone connected with the club. PSG should have some really exciting young players, and others surplus to requirements, who we can sign on loan.

Mr Bielsa has an excellent track record in terms of developing players and he needs more quality players for next season. Derby invested well in loan signings last summer and Leeds need to do the same if there isn’t the money there for expensive permanent signings.”

Pick one former midfielder from each of the last decades.

So, one from the 80's, one from the 90's, one from the 00's and one from the last 9 years.

Who would get into your midfield?

2. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt & all

Easy & quite simply the best from those era's although I seriously considered James Milner too

80's

Strachan

90's

McAllister

Delph

2010/19

Hernandez

Doc likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Good choice by 1964 I’d probably go with the same ones although I hate leaving Speed out of my favourite midfielders.

Peacock and his wage over Casilla but I get fed up saying we need better, I felt we needed better than Green and BPF, maybe I’m just being harsh on BPF is it just at this level you have to expect mistakes?

We play a passing game at the back, we can’t have a keeper who creates so much uncertainty in the defence with his wild runs.

I think part of his problem is attention seeking, look at me I played for Real Madrid

Irishshako and 1964white like this.
  4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Strachan
    Batty
    Decourt
    Cook

5. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt Rik and co from a chilly sunny Bardsey
    Well if this takeover comes about we can dispense with Middle at Lidl Band M and Addi no its Harrods from now on for us we will have a great choice of top quality players and I can't wait
    By taking Bielsa over to Doha I think that they have offered him a long term contract with big investment promises because make no doubt about it they have massive funds to bring this about
    So how long before it happens my betting is by the end of this month
    AR will retain 10% San Francisco 49 10% and the rest will be owned by Qater I reckon the club within 10years will be north of 1 billion so Ar shares will be worth 100m
    Finally I must congratulate Harry I'M PETER PAN Gration is wife of 51 is pregnant so Harry has shown us all there is life in the old dog will become a father at 68!

I bet Look North management never thought he would need paternity leave again¬!
    BPF is not good enough and Darlow is no better Westwood or Macarthy for me

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Whitejock, ristac and southernwhite like this.
  6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

What's your obsession with the 80s. It's like as though there was no football before then. Just like some generations think that football started after the Premiership.<doh>

7. Irishshako

The problem with Peacock was that he rarely left his line. The frustrating thing is that we were a few minutes from going into halftime 2 up. Now we may have still got knocked out or we may have got beaten in the final, who knows. It was down to the keeper ****ing up, but of course he had to have his major bad game in the play offs. Keepers will always make mistakes and Peacock was being attacked from the usual keyboard warriors. So IMO it really doesn't matter who is in net, if they have the odd bad game they'll be hammered by some of our more fickle supporters.:sad:

Whitejock, OLOF and w.c.dukenfield like this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. As I said yesterday, I dont think Bielsa would have flown to Doha over a mere 10m investment, nor are the big hitters from theyre interested in a mere 10% share, bigger plans afoot for everyone. One major plus in the short term could be the possibility of signing PSG surplus players on loan without having to pay a loan fee or wages maybe, thus freeing up resources to spend elsewhere. As for BPF, interesting Monk questioned his attitude a couple of seasons back. Does he think hes better than he is. Hes good enough but putting a gun to Bielsas head to select him, whether intentional or not, is a very silly career move

davy, leeds60, ristac and 1 other person like this.
  9. Irishshako

You actually make a lot of sense Eire.:) Are you mellowing:emoticon-0105-wink:

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Firstly BPF can fook off and if he thinks talking to Bielsa in that way wins him a new contract pay rise and No1, he can think again. Right now his stats prove he's the 2nd best first team keeper and we need better than 2nd best. Would have prefered Kiko to show what he can do, but he failed and probably shot his bolt like Felix so needs shipping out and as Rumored Karl Darlow will be coming in from the barcodes.

I'm with 1964 on his selections

I saw a document yesterday which stated a share filing has been submitted to Companies House, so no idea what that means except to say that it looks like a deal has been done with someone (Could just be 49ers getting more as per contract) it could mean QSI 10% or much more? but it'll be 3 weeks before we can get to know.

Irishshako likes this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

How is my article obsessive over the 80's.

I've asked for one midfielder over the last 4 decades!

12. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

I think BPF's stats prove he was better than kiko the clown Doc, especially the win, lose ratio, BPF made mistakes but i beleive we would have won auto promotion if the spanish clown hadnt come in in january he seemed to upset the team especially when he played sweeper

MIGHTY, Irishshako and Doc like this.
  13. Irishshako

I didn't mean JUST this thread. I meant your bad taste in 80s pop, 80s tv shows, 80s ads, 80s sweets etc etc etc. You also rarely include decades before the 80s, for us oldies. Now take a chill pill and go out and sell a few houses.<ok>

ellandback and patb like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

My stats are never wrong ....... So I checked ......... I was wrong :headbang:

The only keeping stat Kiko wins on is distribution but he can still fook off <laugh>

15. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

You forgot that new romantic ****e, :bandit:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  16. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0140-rofl:
    To be honest i didnt think BPF's distribution was too bad, his decision making however:emoticon-0107-sweat but hes a young lad and he needs to learn

Whitejock and 2 pennth like this.
  17. Irishshako

<laugh> I didn't want him to have a complete meltdown...<party>

wakeybreakyheart and OLOF like this.
  18. Irishshako

He probably thinks because he's an International that he's Mr Billy big bollocks.:grin:

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  19. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

<laugh> I always did, at least in my head

Irishshako likes this.
  20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

New romantic???