1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 5th March)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 5, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Friday 5th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Robbo - Koch is going to struggle to get in the team

Former Whites shot stopper Paul Robinson believes that German International Robin Koch may find it difficult to displace his team mates between now and the end of the season.

Koch has returned to light training following knee surgery last December.

The Ex England star (Robbo), winning 41 caps for his Country believes that the partnership between Cooper and Llorente is begining to blossom, which may mean benching the the 24yo

“Liam Cooper plays and Llorente is really finding his feet so I don’t think they’ll take him out of the team.

“Robin Koch is going to struggle to get in the team between now and the end of the season.

“Saying that, we don’t know how long Kalvin Phillips will be out for and Koch can play in the holding midfield position.

“If Kalvin Phillips is out or he isn’t 100% fit then Koch could get a game there.”

please log in to view this image

First team players back in action

Expect to see a few familiar faces line up for our U23's at 1pm today against Wolves! Bielsa revealed during his press conference yesterday that undisclosed players, who are on the come back trial, will take part in today's Premier League 2 clash in the Midlands. The Argentine has kept tight lipped about the participants! You never know - perhaps Forshaw will play!!!

The link to the game is as follows:-

Douglas Costa available at cut down price

Italian news media outlet Italian Calciomercato have revealed that Juventus may be willing to part with Douglas Costa at a cut down price.

Marcelo Bielsa is a a big fan of the Brazilian winger, and the technical qualities he has.

The 30yo is out of favour under current Manager Andrea Pirlo, but has hardly set the World alight at Bayern Munich.

A fee of 9.4m may make it financially worth taking a risk. He cost Juventus 40m euro's just three seasons ago!

However, the news coming out of Italy is that Bielsa is a huge fan of the Juventus winger, who is currently on-loan at Bayern Munich. Leeds' interest could become more serious in the 'coming weeks', the report claims, with Juve willing to sell the 30-year-old for £9.4million.

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

having Koch back will yet again start to make us feel a bit better, especially as we would more or less have a settled defence for the first time this season as well as have a player who can do what Kalvin does.

Douglas Costa will be 31yo a couple of weeks into the new season. Costa has done nothing for a while and why he is hardly used. His time has come to an end and I also believe he has a broken foot. Bielsa may have admired him but we also know he wont buy anyone at the end of their careers

Whitejock and southernwhite like this.
  3. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Morning all. Is there any news on how long KP might be out?
    I didn't realise the injury was this bad.

4. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

If Koch is only just back in training it will be a while before he’s ready. So not sure if he’ll be back before kp. Appreciate in theory Koch and llorente can both play dm.

Hand on heart, purely on performances seen, Koch would be 4th choice CH for me. Thought he was suspect defensively. I hope it was just a settling in process... he’s good on the ball. It will certainly be good to have options.

foolee likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I get where you’re coming from but Germany are in the top 3 International sides in the world. Koch is a regular player at CB for them and admired by many of the top clubs in world football. Away from home for the first time, lockdown, lonely, learning Bielsaball and not having a regular defence whenever he played. The back 4 swapped and changed from the first day, so I have to cut him a bit of slack. Bielsa wants a confident CB who is a ball player and can carry the ball out of defence, he knows what he wants and I reckon he knows thats what he’ll get. Has Ben White covered himself in glory in the Prem?

Infidel likes this.
  6. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Koch was very hit and miss for us before his injury.

Some games he looked like a prime Beckenbauer and others like Tom Lees.

I understand that he was carrying this injury most of the season. Hopefully he can come back stronger and more consistent.

7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I was really excited by the transfer and couldn’t believe how cheap he was... which raised a doubt in my mind as to how coveted he was by others. I liked him on the ball.. as you say capable of stepping out which really helps create space for others.

Off the ball he seemed to make poor decisions and was poor in the air for a big guy.

Like I said I hope it is a case of getting used to English football and bielsaball and maybe he was carrying that injury... hope he comes good.

Doc likes this.
  8. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Let's hope Kalvin is one of those first teamers getting a run out for the U23's that would be a big plus.

Oh, and, morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

ristac and Doc like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Guessing that Poveda will start today as Summerville banned due to sending off in the last game. He may even swap with Costa at half time too. Would love to see Kalvin and Rodrigo do 45minutes. Guessing that Gelhardt will only be doing 45mins again too

10. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

No Gelhardt but Greenwood back and will probably be swapped for Rodrigo at half time

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

No Kiko in the squad...

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Rodddddddders

wakeybreakyheart and hemase like this.
  15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Leeds 1-0 Rodrigo

ristac likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Rodrigo Wolves 0-1 Leeds

17. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Chipperfields have snapped him up.....

18. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Now 0-2 Rodrigo Pen.

Bielsa at the game.

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I went to School (same class) as Sarah and Sheila Chipperfield (parents owned the Circus)

Sheila spent 4 or 5 years with Elastica (Rock band), now is a well known DJ

oldschool likes this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

4 of these kids are from the U18s with Max Dean, Charlie Allen, Stuart McKinstrey and Nohan Kenneh. Apparently Beradi isnt