1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 11th December)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

In the event that Matt’s still in hospital I will make a quick attempt at starting the daily thread. If Matt makes it back he can add/edit this

Not much news around as bit of a game tonight and David Moyes has been speaking about Bielsa and what hes done over the last couple of years. This was posted in the Hammers News and the WhU fans were saying “ Bielsa has done wonders for Leeds like Moyes has for WHu” I spat my coffee out.

Biggest news for Leeds is around the injuries and how Bielsa intends to get around them tonight, but whatever happens its a big blow.

Good news is that Berardi is almost back and when you think that Forshaw has been out with a smaller injury than Berra it outs that into perspective.

Still the same transfer stories only today a stupid story involves Bielsa ordering Orta to go get another CB. There will never ever be a day when Bielsa gets spooked into panic buying

2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Morning Doc. Another rumour is that Bielsa is tracking Eunan O'Kane, is there any truth in this.<whistle> Forshaw is a pussy compared to Beradi.<ok>
    Tonights match could go any way, so I'm not going to make any predictions. I've got my ale in so that all's I need.<ok>

3. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Morning all from the city of dull if we gel tonight a result is entirely possible. Hope elland is better soon but if not thanks in advance doc.

4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

We're more than capable of beating West Ham.

I'd like to think we will dominate the game. As usual it will all boil down to us taking some of our chances when they come. It would be nice if other players started to weigh in with goals. Hopefully Rodrigo can take up some of the slack that Pablo brings with his assists and goals.

I get the feeling that the next month will have a big say on what we aim for this season. Plenty of winnable games against clubs in similar positions. Are we relegation threatened or top 10 material? I reckon the next 5 games will tell us.

5. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. Good luck with your health Elland.

ristac and Irishshako like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Heard a great story this morning on the Phil Hay show about an interview Phil has done with a kid who was coached by Bielsa in his first coaching role when Bielsa was 27 and retired from playing. A couple of points that stand out for me was the first time Bielsa met the kids and they hated him as he had them doing laps and after a couple of sessions they asked him why? He said because by the end of the season you will be Champions as we win the league by miles and win promotion...... he was right and that player stayed with Bielsa even playing for Argentina and won the Copa De Libertadores with him. He won the fullArgentine league with Bielsa. This bloke is now in his 50s and lives in Ireland as an engineer now.

Another stand out moment was when Bielsa asked the players how many goals they thought they could score in a match, and the consensus was 6 or 7, but Bielsa laughed and said no it takes an average of 1 minute 35 to start the build up rotation and execution for a goal which means you can score 66 goals in a match. Its just the way Bielsas brain works hes a bit autistic or a savant when it comes to football

Anyway a good listen that with lots of insight if your’e a Bielsa fan. Other stuff too about how Chelsea played and how Kante stopped Phillips playing and why they beat us. Stuff on corners and set pieces and Bielsa confirming we will not be buying a defender in January

southernwhite and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  7. Irishshako

Well if you hang around Hemel Hempstead as much as Elland did you're bound to pick up something.<ok>

8. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Hope Ell feels better soon.

That video of Meslier. I saw it on twitter yesterday. Now this is not me Knockholt Meslier, I'm a big fan, but isn't that just what we'd expect or goalkeepers to do? Is it worth creating a video like that?

9. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Hemel Hemstead <yikes> Shaks I think you mean Hamstead Heath, notorious homosexual haunt (apparently <whistle>) where Georgette Michael went 'cruising' :emoticon-0119-puke:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Nigel Martyn now saying he believes Leeds will go out and buy Rodrigo De Paul in January. Udenesi have reduced his price by £10m since we were thinking about it in the Summer?

11. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

To your questions I’d say yes and no

easier to make saves when you know what’s coming and they don’t show the ones he let in!

I like meslier... I’m not ready to give him deity status yet like some have, he’s been at fault for a few goals and made distribution foul-ups every week, but he’s made some really good saves and is doing a good job for his age and experience... and our defence is keeping him active :emoticon-0105-wink:

Norwayleedsforever and hemase like this.
  12. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Is nige ITK? Doubt it but Would love de Paul here.

13. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

No wonder he picks up all these bugs if he is hanging around toilets all day. ****sake Ell!

14. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

I used to say this about Peacock-Farrel in Bielsas first season- How many teams competing for promotion/winning the league have done so with a 20 year old goalkeeper?

Now its how many teams have played in the premier league- top, middle or bottom - have done so with a twenty year old keeper? Very few if any would be my guess.

He is a good keeper who is only going to get better hopefully. Because of his age you can forgive the errors, especially if he keeps making saves the ways he does.

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Nit sure about this because the Italian Journo who is deffo in the know said last month that Udenesi have reduced his price because they need to sell. Ok thats a fact. He also said that yes Leeds were interested and De Paul was interested in Bielsa, but also that it was likely he would go to Milan?

so a couple if weeks later Martyn is either speculating, hoping or has heard something? i wouldn't like to say mate

Norwayleedsforever likes this.
  16. Irishshako

<doh> wooops.....you got the jist though<laugh>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sad news this because this was the World Cup when I really got into Italian footy and he was my age

18. Irishshako

Heard that yesterday Doc, I hated Italian football because like Spain I thought they were a dirty shower. But I remember that tournament well.<ok>

19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all

Thanks @Doc

Let’s get the win tonight then we can properly enjoy the weekend.

20. Irishshako

Sorry to take this thread off subject, but it's official. I HATE ALISON(NO TALENT) HAMMOND.....<grr><grr><grr><grr><grr><grr><grr><grr>

2 pennth likes this.