1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 22nd Feb)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 22, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Jack Clarke has returned to training, and may be available for the QPR / West Brom matches nexy week.

You'll recall the youngster was rushed to hospital following breathing problems during the Boro game - well, it turns out the 18yo had a virus!

Gaetano Berardi needs more games and will play for the 23s this evening (7pm at Nottingham Forest). Dallas will be in the squad for the Bolton game.

Tyler Roberts will replace Kemar Roofe.

According to the FA, Norwich City have been fined £25,000 and Ipswich Town have been fined £20,000 after accepting a charge for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during both the 45th and 90th minutes, as well as their officials in the 45th minute of their EFL Championship fixture on 10 Feb 2019.

In addition, Paul Lambert has been given a two match touchline ban, effective immediately, and fined £3,000 after he also accepted an FA improper conduct charge concerning his behaviour in the 45th minute of the fixture.

I'm surprised, they haven't blamed Leeds!

If you could bring any former player back (from the last 10 years) to play for us until the end of the season, who would it be?

2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning All,

Would be great to have Snoddy available in his 2011-2012 form. Delph could get a game perhaps? But it would have to be Max Gradel available to the team in top form from now until the end of the season.

Lord Ouseley will probably get the Wallies off their racist charge again.

3. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Morning all

Jermaine Beckford in his pomp

Proper centre-forward who sat on the shoulders of CB's doing them with his pace, scored goals for fun

Gessa and southernwhite like this.
  4. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    when you think about it we have usually had a top recognised striker in the side,
    Bechio,Mc Contract,Beckford,and more recently Wood,what i wouldn't give for one of these guys at the top of their game to be on the side now (would virtually insure promotion)

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Given that were down to the bare bones in terms of strikers, Id have Beckford or Becchio back. In their original form, wed be virtually certainties promotion certainties with either. Off to west of Ireland, Rosses Point, for a couple of relaxing days in a few hours time. Hope Leeds dont ruin my weekend with a crap result tomorrow. A nice simple 2-0 win will do me nicely

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all <ok>

Fabian Delph was the best player to leave Leeds in the last 10 years and home produced. Looking like Phillips is catching him up but still has a way to go yet. Fab has played in the top flight since he left which was before he grew pubes and was an England regular, lets hope Kalvin can do that too.

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all.. Snodgrass back in his Leeds form, 10 or so goals from that position and the chances he created out wide would be invaluable now

8. southernwhite

:emoticon-0148-yes:
    Only problem with that statement Eire,their is a fundamental flaw in so much as we don't do ------ :emoticon-0138-think

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  9. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Peter Tork R.I.P Aged 77.

I used to love the Monkees...

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Probably the first manufactured boy band put together by producers for a tv show. Some very good musicians in Naismith and Tork with a bit of genius in the stidio from Dolenz who turned out to be a groundbreaking producer and copied by John jellybean Benitez and Trevor Horn. Also had a fkg jockey on vocals

ellandback likes this.

11. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Theme tune for this season.

southernwhite likes this.
  12. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok> I was just thinking how good Danny mills would have fit into this system earlier. But I think I'll go with gradel as the player to bring back

13. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

As we need more goals and having a player to fit the sysrem, it would have to be Beckford.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  14. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Says something when Ole Gunnar the scum manager has to praise Bielsa. He said the most improved player we have has to be Anders Herrera and he covers every blade of grass. This is due to the work Bielsa and Anders did together at Bilboa and Anders still works the same way now as he did back then.

Gessa likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I’m going to be a bit topical but I actually like Ole Gunnar and as much as I hate scum, he’s doing some job there. Mind you I still prefer their previous managers that completely made a mess
    Of the job

Eric Le Merde and southernwhite like this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Nice unpretentious guy who did however inherit a couple of hundred million quids worth of talent. So chances are if you played football instead of parking Jose's bus you will get some results. OGS was crap at Cardiff though with no money and I seems to remember he brought in loads of his team from Norway and Iceland and Sweden which means there are now loads of blonde babies is S Wales. . Still to be convinced about his credentials and PSG tore him a new ass last week and so lets see how he does against the top teams beat Chelsea but the Kings Arms could do that

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  18. lifecheshirewhite

19. southernwhite

Funny you should say that,so do i,although i would never have admited it first on this forum,seems a realy great bloke,like the bit that when he first came into Old trafford as the new manager,he gave all the office staff/tea ladies a chocolate bar each,might not have been much,but the gesture must have realy helped lift the gloom,that jose left,so now got to admit i admire the bloke.

20. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

What's this, a scummers love in ffs<grr>