1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 19th Oct)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 19, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Another day, another injury! Jack Harrison has picked up a muscle injury during the International break which will rule him out of the Blackburn game. Fortunately Hernandez is fully fit, and expected to start!

Can anyone remember a time that we have had so many injuries this early in the season?

Why do you think it is?

I have to ask the question again - are the training methods making the players more susceptible to injury?

Meanwhile head of medicine and performance Rob Price has issued an update on Izzy Brown

"He's making great progress. We're in good conversation and regular conversation with Chelsea about what we do with him and how we progress and so far everyone is happy.

"We're not putting any time on when he's going to be back playing. It all depends on how he gets through the functional stuff he has to work towards."

Samuel Saiz has been speaking to the YEP about the disappointment of last season, and how Bielsa has helped him channel his aggression on the pitch in a good way!

“I feel better,” Saiz said, “because Marcelo made the whole team be more aggressive from a football point of view, not from outside of football. We’re focused on being aggressive playing football.

“This season we trust more in each other. It's very hard for the opponent to have a chance to score and thanks to all this I feel more safe and I'm less aggressive, apart from the football on the pitch. “I like the football fight with the opponents and I'm not afraid of that.”

“Last season when we found out we couldn't make it to the play-offs, it was a moment that was hard for me,” Saiz admitted. “I had less motivation because I couldn't reach the objective.

It's a problem that I had and it can't happen again. “In every year you have good moments and bad moments but when you play at Elland Road and see all the fans supporting you, it gives you the strength to keep working and do better things.

I went to other stadiums in the Premier League and these big clubs don't have the fans we have.”

Farsleyexile and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Elland and all. Current bout of injuries are a worry and hopefully not down to the training. However we’ve lost ground and momentum during the last four week period so we clearly can’t afford many more
    Injuries, whatever cause. I wonder how do other clubs compare on the injury numbers. As for Izzy and his injury, I won’t be surprised if he plays no more than a handful of games for us, maybe even less

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I guess intense training could lead to an injury, no training or too little and you don’t get injured but then you play like we did last season.

I’ve always found it strange how a footballer is wrapped in cotton wool when they receive a knock yet rugby players take far more knocks and they seem to be able to carry an injury.

Intense training... Marathon and long distance runners must surely be fitter?

southernwhite likes this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

It’s probably something to do with fact that the modern day footballer is built like a stick insect while rugby players are built like tanks

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think some are just more prone to injury, Bowyer, Batty, Vinnie, I can’t remember those three missing too many games, each went in hard, too hard sometimes. Woodgate, Bridges, Sharp, more time on the physio table than on the pitch.

6. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt & everyone

It could be the training methods there again it may just be pure bad luck

The great Don always insisted ER was cursed

7. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Very true Eire

8. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to the sheriff and his motley gang from a slightly sunny BardseyI must say I can never remember so many injuries in my 67 years of watching
    Reported that we want to sign Foyth Spurs want 15m for him so that's out !Must say he would make the defence much strongerand valuable at set plays
    I wonder if you could give me a stream flor tonights game at WED Matt
    Love Ollie Burke but Doc what fee would they want for him atWBA as they need to sell him to buy Bradley Dack

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Injuries happen and I don't think it has anything to do with how the boys are trained. I think a lot of it is due to our physio/medical team being top people so whereas Harrison would probably have been passed fit elsewhere, he is told to have a break and be fit for the next game as is happening now. Those longer term injuries mean Bielsa needs them fully fit so it takes a week or 2 longer to get them back up to full speed. So no half fit players are on the pitch and no players carrying injuries and hopeful that means in the long term a player who would normally play when carrying an injury breaks down with a more serious injury later, we should benefit by that not happening?

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Mike, Burke would command at least £8m but with add-ons up to £10m. If stories are true he signed for Leipzig for £13m but I can't believe that for a kid straight out of Forest academy and it seems WBA bought him for £12m but not certain that's true either?

Foythe is a fantastic Argentine footballer who Pochetino brought over for Spuds and Poch was hoping he would break through into the first team but on the bench only at the minute. He would be a class act and it maybe we get him on loan to develop him for Pochetino

leeds60 likes this.

11. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I read the Foyth rumour and when I got to the £15m fee I didn’t bother reading any further.

The January window could be quite interesting, hopefully we’re still in with a great chance of top 2 but any possible signing would need to fit straight in and also be good enough to remain with us if we were promoted.

Another few weeks and the agents of disgruntled players will start upping the pace as they leak out fake interest.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The guy we brought in from Hull preseason (fitness performance) is very highly regarded so you’re probably right...

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  13. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. All teams have spells when they have a number of injuries it is what it is.The important thing is how they deal with it Leeds have coped well and its given some fringe players good experience, which bodes well for the future. I fancy Leeds to improve their goal difference on Saturday.

ristac and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  14. leeds60

Thank you Doc always like to hear your take,Mike

15. leeds60

BTW Doc I heard they paid 16m for him when he came to WBA Phillips is keeping out of the team and he is worth 5m so they will be lucky to get that!

Doc likes this.
  16. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Evening all,

2002 - 2003 was quite bad for injuries

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 6.49.58 pm.png

1964white and Doc like this.
  17. wf10white

wf10white Well-Known Member

Morning all.......The difference between rugby players & footballers is that as we know, rugby Is a heavy contact sport & playerst train/prepare accordingly. Football, however, is starting to become a non contact sport with referees blowing & penalising even the slightest touch. We need to get back to the days where a strong tackle was allowed without players rolling around feigning injury, otherwise we're going to end up with a version of (God forbid) basketball, where no contact is allowed at all.

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Lets get back to the days of jumping over mini's <laugh> you are correct sir the game is run by pussies

Farsleyexile and wf10white like this.
  19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, Izzy will play this year, no doubt!!!

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, Bridges was never the same player after the Bekiktas game that we won 6-0