1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 12 Oct)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 12, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Radrizzani has been talking to the Daily Mirror about Leeds progression. He seems to be saying that Bielsa will stay at Leeds next season - even if we don't get promoted.

“I think we have progressed in terms of everything – management, facilities and the sporting side is doing better,” the Leeds owner said.

“So the big impression is that the club is catching up to be a modern club. Soon, if not this season then maybe next year, we will be ready to go in the right direction for promotion.

“After last year, I really wanted to have a manager to give us strong leadership, to be a catalyst for the whole club and the players. I thought we needed to change the culture of the entire club and very quickly he has achieved this objective, so I am very happy with that.”

Bryce Hosannah has suffered another injury setback. The 19yo right back featured for the u23's for the first time this season against Southampton last Friday night, but there is an instagram picture on the former Crystal Palace social media page showing him in a protective boot!

There is better news for Berardi. He is fit and raring to go. He is expected to replace Luke Ayling who is suspended.

Leeds may try and sign Brandley Kuwas on a pre-contract agreement.

The Heracles Almelo winger was a target for the Whites during the Summer, but the 3.25m price tag was a stumbling block.

His contract contract expires at the end of the season, so you'd think his club to cooperate.

bucks_is_leeds and Farsleyexile like this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, shame Berardi is suspended, I’d really like to see Berardi back in alongside Pontus, Roofe and Pablo are the two we really need back urgently

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  3. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt & everyone

Many top people in football were surprised Leeds managed to land the pedigree of Bielsa as our new coach.

Time has proven we have employed a coach who is a cut above the rest in the championship. His methods are totally innovative, very similar to the great Don Revie which is probably the highest compliment Marcelo could receive.

Bielsa's methods has improved players skills, fitness & mentality significantly which seems he is a miracle worker when you compare the same players to last seasons dismal performances

Marcelo has also taught young affluent men disciplined good behaviour

Without any doubt in my mind Bielsa was our most important signing during & the best man we could have employed for the ER job during the summer

Marcos Barber, ristac, Gessa and 7 others like this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Heading off to a windswept Waterford for the weekend in a couple of hours. Dont think anyone can speak for Bielsa. Hes his own man and whether he stays another six months or three years will depend on how he feels hes being backed. He really is a class act though isnt he

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, Berardi isn't suspended.....

6. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to the sheriff and his posse from a windy Bardsey
    Beradi will replace Ayling at Blackburn and Hernandez and Roofe will be in the team
    How good is Brandley Kuwas sheriff no doubt or Matt will show is a video

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Leon, well said. Interesting that Bielsa has torn Jansson off a strip for his post match interview

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, agree totally

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

According to Phil Hay the club keep hinting strongly that Bielsa has a 2 year contract with a roll-over clause. However Bielsa’s contacts and lawyers in Argentina say he only signed a 1 year deal with a review near the end. Bielsa comes from a family of lawyers and indeed its the main family business for 3 generations, with the rest being academics. Bielsa will do whatever he wants to do at whatever timescale suits him.

I hope he stays, but he is building fantastic foundations and maybe already giving us his succesor in Corberan, who is his No2 and making sure the whole academy plays Bielsaball. Imagine what this club will be like 3 years from now if Bielsa has got us promoted and a regular in the Prem

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Mike,

please log in to view this image

leeds60 and Farsleyexile like this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, we are certainly punching above our weight with Bielsa. Lets keep him happy and continue to build.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  12. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I thought that myself Elland, but I didn't want to get my first strike from our new mod:grin:

13. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
  14. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Could never understand the cheap option manager approach the club have taken over the years, then only to sack them months later when the inevitable happens, which with the compensation then having to pay a new guy, and it rolls on, becomes the expensive option.
    Said end of last season get in a good quality manager give him time, make a couple of additions , a couple more in January and lets see steady progression, rather than the stagnation we have seen previously.

15. Eireleeds1

Have we another new mod <yikes> Shortly, you and me will be the only two that arent mods <doh>

Irishshako likes this.
  16. leeds60

17. leeds60

Thanks Matt as usual you have produced the goods!

ellandback likes this.
  18. wf10white

wf10white Well-Known Member

Morning all...Bielsa has been a breath of fresh air to our club, we have changed beyond recognition from last year with the methods he has introduced, unfortunately, he is a maverick and will do things his own way, so ,I think any talk of contract extensions is immaterial because as he has shown previously, if he is not happy or someone/something at the club p**ses him off he will walk away & leave the fallout for the lawyers to sort. I hope he sees us as a long term work in progress job.

Marcos Barber, Gessa, ristac and 2 others like this.
  19. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh>...........well in comparison to Ell and Bucks, he's new...:grin:

ellandback and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  20. Eireleeds1

A bit fresher you mean