1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The left back question

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by trickytree29, Sep 6, 2011.

1. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

The way I see things we have three choices with this postition:

Gunter - A talanted defender who I think does a great job at right back, has shown he is capable at playing left back but not his favoured role.

Cohen - An excellent midfielder who before he came to Forest had some experience playing left back. Like Gunter though I don't feel this is his natural position.

Lynch - Experienced left back who despite a poor start when joined Forest has improved greatly over the years.

In my opinion it has to be gunter, Cohen and Gunter can do the job if required but why pick them over someone who is a natural left back? It also creates the problem when one of those two is played out of position of then having to fill the hole they have left. Of course this problem should have been sorted out seasons ago.....

2. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

Hi, quick question, not related to the thread but you seem to be the only regular Forest fan on here! Why is McClaren not playing McGugan has he been dropped or is he just coming back from injury as he seemed to get a lot of goals for you and thats where you seem to have been struggling this year which puzzled me. Thanks :).

3. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Sorry nobody at home, they only come on when they win so dont expect a answer for 3 months or more.

4. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

Sorry OROW meant to get back to you yesterday just been one of those days. In answer to your question I'm not sure, easily the best player we have. I couldn't understand why he took him off against West Ham when he was the only player looking like they were a threat to their defence. Such is the wonder that is Steve McClaren..............

5. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

Thanks Trickytree, for an outsider who rates McGugan it seems strange that he is barely playing and only coming on for short periods as a sub when you have an ageing midfield who seems to be short of fitness and goals. Sorry about today but I think you will be an average team this year, partly due to the fact that you lost so many decent players in the summer and I think your board is rather delusional to think that they have got enough for promotion.

6. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

OROW I would snap your hand off to be an average team this year!