1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The king is dead.....long live the king......

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Swamp, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

who do you want if / when malky is sacked?

one of two for me, steve clarke formerly of west brom, or a gamble on zola.

though i have a horrible feeling it will be a joke manager with no experience of the english league system, which could be a disaster.

2. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Steve Clarke out of those choices.

I think he'd be a decent shout. Very good defensively which we'll need.

If this is true and MM does go the choice of replacement will go a long way to settling how mental Tan is.

3. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

If I was in your shoes you couldn't go wrong with Clarke - suits your team imo. But I think he's too canny to want to work for Tan the Mad as would most 'in demand' managers. Malky is well respected and they must be thinking, well if it happened to someone like that...

As Tan seems quite calculating I think he may have already got someone in mind. His previous convictions suggest a complete unknown from overseas.

4. iggypop

iggypop Member

If Tan is mad ---- who sacked Steve Clarke?
    They're all nutters, with the possible exception of Huw Jenkins, who played a very canny game to get the club to where it is now.

5. Stevoldinho

I'll say it again. Tan employed Malky. One manager and he got us MM, that's his record.

6. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Surely, for any manager coming in it's a win-win........success and the track record is improved and you've shown you're a winner, despite the impossible situation. Fail and you blame Tan, lack of money and a barmy situation. "Tried my best guv, but I was on a loser from the start"..... 12 months wages and a pay off...... Job's a good 'un!

7. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

I'd do the job.....and Tan is barmy enough to employ me!!!!!!!!!!!

8. hampshire Blue

hampshire Blue Active Member

Tan is barmy enough to appoint himself.

9. EldonBluebird

EldonBluebird Active Member

Ole gunnar Solskjaer for me, Believe he is a firm favourite now with the bookies.

10. Welshman

Welshman Member

It doesn't matter who it is, can't see the players being too excited about playing for them.

11. Stevoldinho

Players want to be in the PL as much as anyone, if the new man has the right man management skills he'll be fine.

12. Kifflom!

Solskjaer has not signed a contract with his club in Norway but has previously stated his family want to remain there. I remember, because we were linked with him. Unless his view has changed of course.

13. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

Tan could be daft enough to hire Di Canio, which I hope to God he doesn't for your sake.

Think our two glorious leaders have the same parents!!!

14. Stevoldinho

Di canio would be too outspoken and awkward for Tan.

He's also a **** manager.

You guys have a better idea about how this feels than most to be fair. On the subject of managers fair play Bruce is doing an absolutely amazing job for you guys!

15. Kifflom!

Unless Tan shock us all I can't see it being anyone from the usual list of merry-go-round managers. They will have better offers from elsewhere (more of a reflection of your owner than your Club).

16. Stevoldinho

I don't agree. Getting back into the PL when you've been sacked out of the bottom of it is not as easier as you seem to make out. Bruce had to drop a league, alladyce too. Both had much better records than Clarke over a longer period. Drop to the championship and get sacked, then you're staring at oblivion.

17. Kifflom!

I take your point but Tan is something else isn't he?

18. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As I read some of the comments on your board tonight I do feel that some people are not wanting to believe what the Beeb is saying. From experience, and replies to questions they will not put up anything unless they can get two independent sources to confirm a story, and they have made it clear what the story is here. No ifs or buts, just "resign or be sacked". Pressure is being put on Malky as he has another two and half years on his contract that would have to be paid up.

We had a nutter as an owner who managed to keep most of his bizarre behaviour under wraps until the FA investigated and court case started to be listed. Our new owners are not very forthcoming about what is going on, but they have said what their plan for the club is, and if we like it or not we can see where they are trying to take us. I can only think that your Mr Tan has no real idea of where he is going, just hoping that one day he will get his money back and more beside.

19. Stevoldinho

I'm not sure about that level of integritity from them anymore. In the Internet news age, 20 minutes getting absolute confirmation means X million clicks landing on someone else's page. I'm sure the reporter believes the source, I don't think they make it up as they go along tabloid style, but there are other explanations.

Maybe that email happened but has been over ridden by events since? The ultimatum was on Monday night. It's Thursday night and MM is still our manager. He did say on Tuesday he wouldn't resign, maybe in a public response to this.
    Then there is constructive dismissal, if tan has sent an email to an employee saying quit or get fired then he would have no issue proving that in court. So there is no need for MM to stay to protect his 2.5 years of wages.

Either the info is wrong or there is more to this story and the source has selected the bits to release IMO.

I don't for a second believe everything is rosey and MM is going to be our manager long term, I'm just not sure he's dead to us yet.

20. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

What about Phil Brown?

Tan & Brown should go well together.