1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The kids aren't alright / contracts / decisions / next season

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

With reading the news of Benyu scoring for Aldershot for I think the second time in five ( good on him ) it got me thinking towards next season.

With a certain Mr Klug back in town ( which is definitely good ) and an improved season from our U23 batch ( last season was embarrassing ) what do we feel the future holds for various players?

It's good to see a couple of players going out on loan again at last. Benyu will learn a lot more about the game being in the first team. How ready are Blanchfield, Adam McDonnell and others? Could they gain a loan move next year, or could they break into the 18?

With Douglas on his way this summer, Best, ( who elses contract is up ? ) may we see more from our youngsters?

Bishop / Kenlock / Emmanuel in particular are first team 18 with Dozzell doing well for England U18 and being close to the squad. I think should we keep him ( have a feeling he's our one big saleable asset / maybe Webster but he's been out for ages ) he'll certainly push on and get more game time next term.

Would you sign the Leeds lad Diag ( spelling! ) permanently?

International time is a boring time. Bar Quaresma ( my fav player ) lined up for Portugal, so I guess that's something.

Also, do you guys feel Mick will be incharge next season? I feel he will if promised more backing. I don't think he'll set himself up for pelters all season again ( reference to the Murphy situation )

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

If MM is still here next Season(please no) he (or probably Milne)will make noise about giving youth a chance but replace the outgoing useless journeymen rubbish with more of the same (Jay Tabb for a return,anyone?).Or am I just being a jaded old cynic?

ostlan and johnnywarksmoustache like this.