1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Kelly's Heroes thread

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by 56Danny, Mar 19, 2011.

1. 56Danny

56Danny Member

This is my favourite all-time movie.

OK, I also love Casablanca, Dr Zhivago and The Deerhuunter. I am of an age when going to the movies was a big deal. But Kelly’s Heroes is still a stand out, authentic, epic if silly “big star” movie.

It is available on YouTube (don’t ask me how). Every now and again I watch it.

Tonight is every now and again. I am pi$$ed. My OH is giving me grief about some **** that I cannot remember.

It’s time!

Part 1

2. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

BE interesting to see if I still have the single "Burning Bridges" in the loft!
    It was on sale of the foyer of the Odeon and for some reason I bought it. :)
    I did stop in the cinema and watched the film twice on the same ticket mind, did the same with True Grit.

3. safc73

safc73 Active Member

Must have seen the deerhunt a doozen times, problem being that I've never watched it sober so haven't got a clue what its all about.

Chilling out with a bottle or two of pretty good NZ white after bbqing muscles, not pissed yet but give me an hour or so.... now where's that ****ing deerhunter.

4. The Outlaw

The Outlaw Well-Known Member

"Drinking some wine, eating some cheese, catching some rays"

gotta love Oddball.

5. 56Danny

56Danny Member

True, WOPMCG - there were some really high profile actors and some great characters written by the script writers.

I did some research on that movie a while back. Apparently the Shermans, Tigers and general ordinance were pretty accurate. I think it was made in 1973. That would be about 28 years after the war ended. It probably could not be done as well nowadays.

BTW, I LOVED Paul McGrath. Probably the best CH of his time in the world.

6. The Outlaw

The Outlaw Well-Known Member

Great to hear you loved McGrath as well. What a player. Had a difficult life, but he hangs in there. Use his name for reasons dating back to the 94 World Cup. My all time fave characters were McGrath, Keane, Quinn and Jackie Charlton, who is Ireland's greatest national sports hero. How funny is that.

Cheers.

7. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

Got Kellys Heroes on Virginplus it's been on the box for about 2 years now also got the video but no player. Favourite film when nicked off Big Trouble in Little China cheers me up no end.

8. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Watching one of my favourite films right now, "A Bronx Tale" a part Chazz Palminteri was born to play!