1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Good morning all from a cool and damp Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day <ok>

andytoprankin likes this.
  2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Morning all..

3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. Sunshine and showers forecast for the whole of the day, so outside jobs are on hold again. Yesterday was dry, warm and rather lovely as I drove through the countryside to my dinner appointment. Many of the trees such as almonds are now in flower, the hedgerows are starting to turn green, and the first cowslips have been spotted in the grass verges. I have always held the view that winter ends here when February finishes, but unless we have a sudden change it is coming earlier this year. I hope that all of those who are suffering from the bad weather in the UK can see signs of better days ahead. Enjoy your day whatever it may bring. <ok>

canary-dave and andytoprankin like this.
  4. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

I’ve been at the training ground recently and as I’ve been there quite a bit now, as have the boys, the thrill has diminished a bit. I thought about it last night as I nursed my wounds from playing with people (most of whom are more than forty years younger than me), and it is quite brilliant. I was explaining to Mrs Andy how I ate a serious bit of dirt at one point, and she said “Troy Deeney’s probably eaten the same bit of dirt!”. I wasn’t sure quite how to react. :emoticon-0138-think
    I met the lovely chap on the gate who does the coconuts with NP. He said “I’ve not been here for a few weeks and you see what happens!” Nice guy. Back again tonight. :)

canary-dave likes this.
  5. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I am sorry to read that Harry Gregg has died. He was a very very good goalkeeper, but I remember him most for the bravery he showed in getting people out of the blazing plane wreckage after the Man.Utd. Munich disaster. Without him Bobby Charlton would probably not have survived, and somewhere out there is someone who was less than two years old at the time who owe their life to him. A great footballer but also a great man. RIP.

6. canary-dave

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

7. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

Hemel Hempstead Conservative Association's Annual Black Tie Dinner at Shendish next month, guest speaker: Jacob Rees-Mogg.
    PM me for tickets if interested, first come first served.

8. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Will he have his alarm clock with him in the Commons to ensure he wakes up in time

9. superhorns

I could bore him to sleep?

10. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

This should be on the jokes thread.

Hornet-Fez likes this.

11. superhorns

Should be quite a party

12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

A quite exhausting evening. For the sake of TV my Friday evening football was changed to a Monday. Chateauroux taking on second in the table RC Lens. Little chance I thought before the game, but hope came when we scored. It will not last, but then a second went in. Two goals ahead it not something I am used to, so I could hardly believe it when we scored again. 3-0 up, so I said to Mme that with half an hour to go there is still time to lose this. Penalty to Lens. Very dodgy as the player who went down in a heap didn't appear to have been touched. Sends the ball towards the corner of the goal, but keeper gets a fingertip to it and pushes the ball away. Phew! Suddenly it is 3-1 after the defence was all at sea. Oh no, Doucoure (yes really) bursts through and from 25 yards out scores with a screamer. 3-2 and five minutes plus added time to go. Four added minutes and it is anywhere will do with the ball time. A quick break from Lens, a cross from the right, a back heel, the ball is in the net. Sod it thinks I, but no the lino has his flag up as the ball has just gone over the goal line before it was crossed. Goal kick, ball is in the air, ref blows for full time, and we have scrapped a win against a good side. So taken up with it my glass didn't move.

Anything happen in the Premier League?

13. canary-dave

Have a good day <ok>

14. yorkshirehornet

So should the poster.. Trolls.......

15. yorkshirehornet

Morning all... Only five days to United... Got our tickets and parking sorted... You never know we could get a point! COYH!

oldfrenchhorn and andytoprankin like this.
  16. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. A bright start to the day, but showers expected this afternoon. There is so much to do at this time of year outside, yet getting on with it depends very much on the weather. Many of the large apartment blocks you see in the big towns come with an allotment, so you see many identical sheds that are provided to keep tools in. Also organized walks are very popular, something that gets people out and about. It is little wonder that daytime TV is not worth watching. Have a good day. <ok>

andytoprankin and canary-dave like this.
  17. canary-dave

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

18. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Well I have watched four of the best teams in Europe tonight. What I did see was a Liverpool side who win everything in the PL unable to find their way through a Spanish defence. The German side really made the French side look a bit lightweight. Watford could do with a couple of those large Spanish defenders.

19. canary-dave

Have a good day <ok>

20. yorkshirehornet

Morning all neighbourhood watch patrol group at my house last night.. Putting protocols in place, drafting leaflets for the area etc. Meeting with local councillors and Police in two weeks...
    A strong commitment.. More than all I know more of my neighbours now, we speak to each other in the street, and we are playing another community street party for June...
    Have a great day..