1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. No frost today as the clouds rolled in yesterday evening and stopped the temperature dropping. The cars are already rolling past the house as they head for another days shopping in Aylesbury or Milton Keynes. I joined the throng yesterday as I could buy a SD card half price, but probably spent what I saved trying to find a parking space. Taking everyone out for a nice pub Sunday dinner, so that should be good. Next Sunday I will be home and able to inspect my veggie plot. Have an enjoyable day whatever you have to do.:emoticon-0100-smile

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Pinch and a punch
    Happy meteorological winter. :emoticon-0105-wink:

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

4. canary-dave

Good morning all from a cold and dry Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day <ok>

andytoprankin likes this.
  5. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. A cold night with frost again, but the blue sky suggests it will be dry as I start off on my latest visit, this time into Oxfordshire. Had a very good dinner yesterday at a pub with an excellent restaurant. High quality food and service, and not surprisingly it was very busy. In my travels around England in the past couple of weeks I have seen many buildings now empty that were once pubs, some of them I could even say I had been in. It is a sign of the changing scene when you can still find a first class meal at a price, or something rather less than perfect at a lower price. The same thing is happening in France. Plenty of quick food places to eat, but some of the traditional hotels are struggling. Wherever your day takes you, I hope you have a good one. And hope your visits to hospitals are not too demanding. <ok>

6. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon all... Mrs Fez back from pre-op.... all on schedule for next week. Yuletide tree and decorations up in da house.... -6 this morning btw. Crisp winter's day here in Leafy Bucks!

7. yorkshirehornet

Good day to all ....

and warm wishes .....

8. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Sorry, been away for a while. I hope Mrs Fez is OK, Fez - please her my best. <ok>

Also, Dave and yorkie, prior to reading back as far as I can, I hope you are both well. <hug>

canary-dave likes this.
  9. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

From the BBC Football gossip page https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip
    Brendan Rodgers, linked with the vacant Arsenal manager's job, has suggested there is a exit clause in his contract at Leicester City. (Mirror)
    Mr Integrity remains consistent.

10. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

<doh>

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. I hope all is well with our canary. Knowing he is undergoing treatment everyday cannot be good.
    There is no frost here in Bucks, just a mixed sky of blue and grey. Not too sure what we will do today as Mme needed some new glasses and if they arrive will be going to collect them. There is still a list of things that we have to find to take back to France such as tea, which is available but more expensive and not the brand we like. Message from my daughter over there suggests it is cold and she will be putting our heating on Friday. Before I installed the heating system our French neighbour would go and light the wood burner for us to warm the place up. His reward was a proper bottle of Scotch, not some blended offering from the far east.
    Enjoy your day however it turns out. <ok>

12. yorkshirehornet

Enjoy.... just doing tax return here :rolleyes:

Good day one and all

13. Cornish Mark

Cornish Mark Well-Known Member

From the Southampton match profile :

Have we resigned Ighalo?
    Also not. It was a tongue in cheek jibe at QSF´s tactics and chances. Ighalo's (and Deeney's) form from QFS's first reign brushed over his defensive style.

Mexican Hornet, Thursday at 5:21 PM

From the BBC football gossip page:

Former Watford striker Odion Ighalo, 30, is looking to return to the Premier League in January and move from Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua. Everton, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Newcastle and Southampton have all expressed an interest in the Nigerian, as have the Hornets. (Team Talk)

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  14. yorkshirehornet

Sign him up...

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Clear blue sky, so of course quite frosty. Last day in Bucks before I start to head south tomorrow. Final few things to get such as a large block of cheddar for some cheese on toast. It is available in the supermarket back home, but in very small packs and really rather expensive. The traffic around here has become dreadful as they have closed a link road to do some works, and now all the traffic has to go through the town. My fuel consumption has rocketed since I have been over here with all the stopping and starting. Enjoy your day whatever you must do.<ok>

16. yorkshirehornet

Best cheese we found in france that matched our love of a strong hard cheese was Salers which we bought on a farm in the Auvergne.... expensive though.... and not quite as versatile
    I assume you are freezing it for the journey?

17. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Interesting what ex pats buy in England. When I come over I go back with cider and Glenryck Pilchards in tomato sauce (the first being rare in Germany and the second unobtainable) and maybe some Stilton. Ideally on the way back I would top up with Belgian beer.

18. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

19. yorkshirehornet

When i was working in Bhutan Marmite was much wanted as we could only get vegemite ( as we were nearer Oz than the uk) and one teacher's mum sent her a packet of crisps from the UK in a juffy bag, needless to say it came completely flattened

20. canary-dave

Went up for radiotherapy on Monday and they kidnapped me, very low blood pressure, dropping haemoglobin and dodgy kidney function.

They flushed my kidneys with umpteen bags of fluid and adjusted my meds to sort the bloods and finally released me.

Trouble is, I'm scared to go for radiotherapy now in case they kidnap me again <whistle>