1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Lighten up eh? From anyone else and you would have seen it was humour. Blimey some on here really need to accept we are not all remainer, hate the Tory, PC brigade.
    Since SH came back can you find one comment from anyone other than myself that is not negative towards him - yet you all wonder why he and W-Y talk abaout a clique.

2. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

sorry Leo but i dont accept such comments.... thin end of the wedge IMO... under the surface you get sexism and racism.....I have seen it .... I have a black ex-colleague departmental head whose life is full of little humorous comments such as that... and have sadly worked with and continue to work with many people , mainly women, who have suffered from sexual abuse and rape....fair to say on every working day....

No one else on here posts in such and way... so why should i accept such posts.. .and TBH like others if that becomes the norm i shall take my fun and friendship elsewhere.....

PS
    There is no clique .... we all know that.... it is just a construct and a calculated projection from people who seek to enjoy winding others up ....

andytoprankin likes this.
  3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

You say there is no organised clique - but a group of you think and post in a very similar way so it is a moot point.
    You are quite correct and I wish SH had a different style. However this is not the workplace but a forum for grown ups with very strong characters it seems. If you are unable to ignore his then you simply multiply them.
    I cannot be accused (except it seems by Cologne) of being a supporter of SH - you know the history. However I am intelligent enough to realise we all have a style of posting and some of those belong back in the Seventies. Shame they are here now but if you are able to answer points made and show by argument where someone else is wrong it is far more effective than your style of attacking in every single post. You are a large contributor to the nastiness this board has descended to. It needn't be like that because on your day you are one of the best.
    I repeat my other plea - if SH upsets you so much ask for a ban - otherwise focus on the facts and show where they are wrong.

4. yorkshirehornet

Disagree 99%.... I have shone a light on something i find offensive divisive etc.... look at my posts over the last week....i have responded strongly but not with nastiness.... and asked that such behaviour stop

I ask for common respect....

I really do not want to continue in this vein on this thread...... <ok>

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Agreed - let's debate this on Brexit not here.. I also agree that none of your comments themselves show nastiness - you are not like that.

6. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy to disappear again to leave the clique,(as accurately described by W-Y,) to discuss micro topics within the narrow range allowed.

I can now see why it is impossible to have a serious discussion in the UK about immigration without the usual insults spoiling the debate.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

As Yorkie says - let's not do this in the Nest.

8. yorkshirehornet

Can we not discuss politics and the like on this thread over breakfast please.....

9. superhorns

Sorry, posted by mistake on the wrong thread.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

We are all agreed on that - the Nest is not for politics - even after breakfast :)

11. Hope you're all enjoying father's day.

Did a walk for the British Heart Foundation yesterday. There was a lad in front of me who was leading (he thought it was a race none of the rest of us did). As I got closer he waited for a bend and then disappeared so must have been running. He was in his mid twenties and clearly as fit as a fiddle. I wonder how he would feel to know he had to cheat to beat a chain smoking heavy drinking 47 year old

12. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Ahh that competitive spirit. I remember when. Well I think I remember when :emoticon-0142-happy

Dan well done to you. Hope you're fully recovered <cheers> How long after the finish did you light up??? You should have been sponsored for the number of minutes before the first drag ;)

13. Feeling great thanks KC - was 26 miles so not all that long as the main ones I do are 50 or 100km.

I managed to sneak a couple on the way round<diva><diva>

kchorn likes this.
  14. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well back from a lovely Sunday lunch French style. The restaurant was packed with families out to enjoy each others company and good food. One party was in full swing when we arrived. It looked as if there were four generations there, great grandparents all dressed in their Sunday best suits or dresses, down to the three or four year old children who certainly know how to use a knife and fork. As we walked past them, all spoke to us wishing us bonjour or bon appétit. Other families on the terrace with us tended to be younger families who dress in rather more casual style, but once again you cannot fail to notice how children are educated to different flavours and textures. They had the children's menu, but were encouraged to try a fork of something that their parents were eating. The sun was shining, the little river that flows by has lovely clear water where you can see small fish and the roses had a delicious scent. Everything seemed right with the world. :emoticon-0100-smile

15. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  16. canary-dave

Good morning all from a warm and damp Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day! <ok>

andytoprankin likes this.
  17. canary-dave

Off to hospital this afternoon for first lot of BCG (TB vaccine in the bladder), hope it works <ok>

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  18. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Mornin' Dave, mornin' all. Fingers crossed you get two big positive boosts today Dave <hug>.

Here a beautiful day and will be into the 30s. At last today I'll go for a swim. I planned it yesterday but glad I saw the Mexico game instead.

Now to water the patio and then to buy bread. Enjoy <ok>

canary-dave likes this.
  19. yorkshirehornet

Warm wishes Dave

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

canary-dave likes this.
  20. superhorns

As I said previously Dave, my father in law had similar and was treated successfully, chin up.

canary-dave likes this.