1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Not before anti-beetroot legislation has been put in place...and there must be question marks over the legitimacy of dates (of the edible variety) and trifle (of the soggy sponge variety) <laugh>

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

That'll never happen while there are still bobbies on the beat.
    Peas are best eaten raw

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

OK you lovely people, I'm off to bed!

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

4. canary-dave

Good morning all from a cold and dry Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day! <ok>

andytoprankin likes this.
  5. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Morning, Dave; morning, all. :)

Comfortable mid-table, Dave, just a question of finishing above the Tractor Boys, I guess?

canary-dave likes this.
  6. canary-dave

I certainly hope so.

andytoprankin and Mexican Hornet like this.
  7. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. A bright lovely morning, but a biting cold northerly wind. Snow/sleet/rain didn't arrive yesterday despite being told at midday it was coming. Think I will stay in, but it is quite common to see people far older than me wrapped up and working on their vegetable patch.

8. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Happy Tuesday y'all.

Went to a local hotel with a pool Sat/Sun. It was great to get some sun and relax, but due to a wedding and believe it or not, Peacocks :emoticon-0112-wonde it was near impossible to sleep. We came back Monday and after running a few errands I slept from 6pm Monday to 9am today. Feel like a zombie now!

4 more days then a week off for Easter! :)

Got to put the spanking behind us, big winable games coming up and points are still needed. Muff, Burnley, Huddersfield then Palace coming up. I, for one, want to be over 40 points after those games.

9. canary-dave

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

10. canary-dave

Good morning all from a cold and dry Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day! <ok>

andytoprankin likes this.

11. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Morning, Dave; morning, all. :)

Been super busy recently. Today is a day off. Bliss. Might go out for a bite with Mrs Andy or perhaps snuggle up and watch a film.

canary-dave likes this.
  12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. A lovely Spring morning here if a touch chilly. I think I will be able to go out and do some gardening today. Already I see that others have ground turned over and various crops are popping up. As usual I will be trying to catch up.

13. canary-dave

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

14. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Sun, blue skies, and nippy here. But am now watching the genious that is Rocket Ronnie against Ding. Have a nice glass of wine, Just had Turkey and chips. Have a large bar of chocolate

Only a Watford win could make me happier <laugh>

Enjoy one and all.

ps My spanish niece is sad as her 5 day trip to Norwich comes to an end. Tomorrow she flies back. There will be tears :emoticon-0106-cryin But she's had a great time and the people of Norwich deserve a big thank you. Looking after 50 13 year old girls sounds too scary to me. Your folk did us well Dave <cheers>

canary-dave likes this.
  15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Lovely day here, but also a nippy wind. Gardening was the order of the day. Clear a veggie bed, dig in loads of compost, rake it over, then plant a couple of rows of shallots. Still under cloches at this time of the year as below zero temperatures expected overnight.
    My usual regime when the weather allows is one hour of manual labour the first day, one and a half the second day, two hours on the third day etc. Because I wanted to make progress I went straight to the two hour slot, and I am now suffering. Shoulders, back, hamstrings all complaining, but the hot, to very hot Radox soak has eased matters a bit. A glass or three of a rather better than usual red wine, it was on offer, and I hope that the pain will sink, and by the morning disappear. Another fine day forecast for tomorrow, but it will only be gentle things like collecting fallen branches and leaves.

16. canary-dave

Good morning all from a cool and dry Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day! <ok>

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Another lovely morning with a clear blue sky. There was a light frost overnight, but that has disappeared as it has warmed up.
    The cycling season is about to start in these parts. Arrows have been painted on the roads in different colours for the teams to follow in the different races. It is quite normal for the club cyclists to have a 140 km race in an afternoon, with the larger sponsored teams taking on 240 kms during a day. It is a colourful sight to see the teams flash by, but unless they are doing a circuit race the spectacle is over in a minute and you will only find out who won when the local newspaper publishes the results.

18. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Remember when a race went through Kingsclere (Hampshire). As you say OFH over in quick time. First the cops stop the traffic. Then a cop car, then the break away group of 3 only slowed slightly to do a 90 degree turn, followed 30 seconds later by the peloton flash of colour. Then the team cars with bikes aloft. Then an ambulance. But the police waited with the road closed. 2 minutes past. Then a lone rider with blood running down his leg raced by to loud cheers and applause. I think everyone wanted to give him a push. Finally his team car with a bent bike on top.

Then the police reopened the road and all returned to normal. And no one was concerned over what the race was or who won.

Must admit I do follow the odd race on spanish TV. All the overhead shots, the altitude graph.

For some reason I always want the breakaway group to stay out front. But as so often they get swallowed up by the peloton. Then the sprint finish.

But it was never for me. Call me a coward but the crashes that occur in the peloton and the thought of fingers in spokes just makes my ................ :emoticon-0107-sweat

Here sun but cold yet again. But have work to do so a day inside. Have a great day one and all <cheers>

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  19. canary-dave

OK you lovely people ,I'm off to bed

Night all <hug>

Night H <smooch>

20. canary-dave

Good morning all from a cool and damp Weston-super-Mare!

Have a good day! <ok>