1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Guardian's Premier League Prospects for 2011 Season

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Soaring Swan, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Soaring Swan

Soaring Swan Member

Those of us posh enough to read the Guardian will be interested to note that in their prospects for next season http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jun/01/premier-league-prospects-2011-12 they say that "Swansea's squad is arguably the weakest of the three promoted clubs".

Depends on who is staying and who is going in the summer, but I don't think that the players we ended the season with are weaker than QPR or Norwich. Who knows what will happen in the summer. Perhaps the English-centric media is assuming we are weak because we are a comparatively small Welsh club I think.

2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

We finished third - so we are weaker than Norwich and QPR.

3. premier-jack

premier-jack Member

If you look at this years finishing position that may not be far from the truth

4. PremierJack

PremierJack Member

Although 3rd we have a good squad
    A handful of signings striker,LB,RB,CB and maybe a hard man midfielder.
    We have more going for us than some in PL. How many are starting to cut the cloth?
    We will be fine.
    Is this the same English press that wanted Reading promoted want us relegated.
    Let's prove them wrong.

5. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Maybe player to player we might be the weakest , but as a playing team no way . Let them think it though , would mean a few extra points over a season when they relax & about to play us . Have a good one .

6. Mrmagooooooo

Mrmagooooooo Member

I'd say at the mo that the article is not to far from the truth, still though after the summer transfer's we will be a force to take on in the Prem!

7. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

lol at that article. I would say it is far from the truth!
    They are basing thier opinion on the table, but they have only ever seen us play once or twice on sky sports!
    I would say, man to man, we are better than both QPR and Norwich. The quality our players have with a football and without is far greater than those teams.
    QPRs players are big and strong, but not much technique, same with Norwich. Obviously there are some players that are decent for both those teams. There ain't many i would swap though.
    Would like to have Tarabt, and Arsenals landsbury. Maybe Holt?

8. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

We often get written off before Seasons start and we always seem to prove doubters wrong. I think that suits us and fingers crossed that's how things will pan out next season. JACK ARMY!!!

9. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

cant see wigan, blackburn or arsenal above us