1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

the Galvin shuffle

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Looking at highlights of the Premiership and Championship games over the weekend yet again there was a certain amount of skill on show, and with Robbie BRADY showing a few tricks lately it reminded me of Chris GALVIN`s `famous` Galvin Shuffle, which basically was a step over. Ronaldo copied it later on (tongue in cheek) but it eneded up with him doing about six or seven step overs instead. Oh those halcion days when we had our own version of Cruyff representing the black and amber... Lol. Anyone remember this, and also the surging runs of our full back Peter Daniels, whenever he used to get the ball the noise of the crowd raised. Nice to see a bit of skill these days in our team again, can`t wait til Cammy gets back up to speed, imagine that trickery on both wings,,, wooohooo

2. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Top player was Chris. Always annoyed me how his brother got all the plaudits just because he played for Spuz when it was Chris that was the more skillful.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Went on the open a sports shop in Uddersfield, apparently.

4. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

A bit before my time but I do remember the Jenkinson shuffle. Seemed more of a spasm than a shuffle. I can't remember us having that many players capable of some individual skill over the last 25 or so years. So I agree, it's nice to see.