1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Flow and the Clutch Before Kick Off.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 14, 2018.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Today wasn't our day - Johnson

Saturday, April 14th 2018

Lee Johnson saw his side beaten by two set pieces as Middlesbrough held on to secure a 2-1 win.

Milan Djuric fired City into an early lead but Boro fought from behind through George Friend and Daniel Ayala's headers from corners.

There were moments of good attacking play from City, notably Josh Brownhill and Bobby Reid with the travelling side's best chances.

Johnson told BCTV: "I thought it was a great goal from Milan. Brownhill had a great chance in the first half but the goalkeeper made a good save.

"We should have had two penalties through serious shirt pulling but the referee didn’t give us much throughout the game.

"And Brownhill saw a shot blocked at a good moment for us and then if you want that last one to fall to anybody on the volley, it’s Bobby Reid but unfortunately it wasn’t our day.

"I thought the players worked very, very hard but Middlesbrough made the better decisions as individuals."

Callum O'Dowda and Matty Taylor were Johnson's second-half substitutes but Ayala's winner came just seconds after the changes.

Johnson explained: "I made the attacking changes to go and win the game. It was Aden Flint’s man who went on to score the goal and that was disappointing.

"Our two centre-haves, who are big and strong, have let their men go and it’s cost us two goals. I talked about the flow and clutch before kick-off and we weren’t good enough in the clutch moments today."
    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/today-wasnt-our-day-johnson/

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

We are virtually out of the play offs, down to 11th, our recents form table according to the BP >>>"LLLLDLWLDDDLWLDWDLLWL Bristol City's 2018 form looks like a Welsh village!'

But we have still progressed on last years performances and we could still win our last 3 games, according to LJ, at least that is the ambition, keep smiling.

By the way, are YOU any good with your ' Clutch Moments' ... ?
    Just asking like.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Mine went on the Isetta once.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

So disappointing from where we were. All thats left to look forward to now this season is Cardiff blowing up...........

5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I have to admit I admire Cardiff's result at Norwich. It put the pressure back on Fulham who were lucky just to get a point.
    It's a long old season and, as much as some dislike him/his tactics, fair play to Warnock.
    His experience might just win the day.

7. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Just emphasis that there is more than one way to win a football match especially in this league......(Man C "Jesus) first goal yesterday to break the deadlock was a long ball....pin sharp accuracy, has to be said!
    Think LJ has been trying to adopt something different in that form, just lacks the experience of execution, unlike Mr Warnock!!

Redprintt likes this.
  8. invermeremike

Experience in a manger is a wonderful thing and it makes me wonder if that's the reason we hired Lee? Give me a break.

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I must point out that LJ explains in the article, "I made the attacking changes to go and win the game".

Is the failure honestly down to him or some of our players, I do think we may have a communication problem, somewhere.

10. invermeremike

A combination of all those things wize.

11. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:
    :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

12. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Anyone care to define LONG BALL?
    PARAMETERS..
    OUR HALF
    10M INSIDE ATTACKING HALF / 20m inside attackinfg half
    FROM WINGMEN [AT WHICH POINT DOWN THE LINE] 5m past halfway.10 m past 15m/20m/30m
    FULL BACKS
    MID FIELDERS

Promted by one fors comment
    I only managed to see it once and to busy to download any footage but my impression was it was opportunist /quality play "clutching the moment...maybe?"
    my interpretation of long ball is " receiving the ball in own or very close to halfway and belting up field toward goal" as opposed to dribble;ing a bit/beating a man/ running up field then passing forward, be it 10m or 30m+"