1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Village People? :grin:

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I thought I might post it on the boxing thread - he might be a boxer, I have no idea <laugh>

3. Cyclonic

I think he's a model mate. He probably makes a **** load of cash each year.

OddDog likes this.
  4. OddDog

Staff Member

Fair play to him <ok>

Cyclonic likes this.
  5. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Sorry no 'skin' snaps so .......

Toff 1.jpg

....hope this will suffice!

redcgull likes this.
  6. Cyclonic

Me on a good day.

please log in to view this image

bayernkenny and redcgull like this.
  7. OddDog

Staff Member

Ursula von der Leyen to be EU Commission President - we might as well all pack up and go home. Final proof that incompetence is rewarded in this miserable institution. Not enough that they sent Martin Schulz to ruin the SPD, now they take the woman who, as Defence Minister has turned Germany's military into a running joke, for the top position. God help us.

8. Cyclonic

A ****er wearing a balaclava and hoody and wielding a machete, strode into a Gold Coast club demanding money. From the far side of the room, a patron spotted the robbery and decided to take action. He took off his coat and he calmly walked around behind the pokies and went after the bandit. Using chairs and a pot plant he chased off the thief who fled through the door. Our hero followed and crash tackled the turd and retrieved the stolen loot. Good man, I hope the club gave him a free drink.

https://www.news.com.au/national/qu...r/news-story/045e5ae8f1a51888573512731b330cd7

9. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

With the news that will Hill are to close 700 shops due to the thankful reduction on the fobts revenue I wonder if there are figures available showing the number of shops prior to these dreadful machines? Sorry to anyone losing their jobs as a result of the closures <ok>

Cyclonic and bayernkenny like this.
  10. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

From what I can find on line independent bookies down from a high in the 90s of around 1350 to 200 now. As far as the big guns are concerned though they're blaming it all on the new legislation re fobts the growth of their on line facilities must also have had an impact. No different too lots of other retail outlets in the high street really. The bookies have had a longer stay of execution because they've been able to supply the betting equivalent of crack cocaine to the vulnerable addict.

bayernkenny and Deleted....... like this.

11. bayernkenny

Many crossroads in certain parts of Edinburgh had three bookies and three pubs pimping for business up to about the early 2000's. There had to be a reduction due to the lessening of and competition for the leisure Pound.

Chaninbar likes this.
  12. Cyclonic

According to a report in yesterday's Wall Street Journal, the US Federal Trade Commission has approved a $5 billion penalty to be levied on Facebook for it's privacy and data protection lapses. The penalty still needs to be approved by the Justice Department.

I should imagine Facebook will go all out to have the fine slashed.

13. OddDog

Staff Member

About a third of their annual profit Cyc, just to put the number into perspective. How can they make so much money from people posting pictures of their food?

14. Cyclonic

Only in America? A Facebook post titled "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us." has, as of yesterday, obtained 500,000 supporters. The charge through the fences is supposed to take place at 3:00 am on September 20.

Also stated. “We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry. If we naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets. Lets see them aliens.” (To naroto run is to run with torso and head leaning forward with arms arms flailing behind.)

Attendees are already looking for info on flights and accommodation. If you see somebody wearing a broad brimmed hat with dangling corks, belting across the open spaces, it'll be me. <laugh>

redcgull likes this.
  15. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Allegedly, this fella swooped down and made away with somebody’s rat on a lead. More of a meal than a few chips and a bit of fish...
    GizmeAChihuahua.jpg
    If any of his relatives want to feast on some around here, I am sure no-one will object too much. We already see them killing pigeons on our office flat roof. The pigeons are clearly on the way out so the gulls help them along.

16. bayernkenny

I stay fairly close to Leith waterfront and you want to see the size of some of the seagulls who pop up for a perch on the lamp posts outside my third floor tenement flat. They sometimes have a peer into 'Casa Cambie' .... no doubt having a gander (pun intended) for any small residents; human, canine or feline!:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

17. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Walking into work this morning, I was stood at the lights waiting to cross the A63 (four lanes, central reservation) and there was a black youth stood the other side of the road with the obligatory backwards baseball cap and mobile phone in front of face. Must be a visitor as I have never seen him before...

When the lights changed, our paths crossed on the central island and in fact the youth was white but covered from head to foot with tattoos. Clearly he had spent most of his adolescence travelling across islands in the South Pacific, picking up a souvenir at each port of call but only able to show them all off here in a T-shirt and shorts.

Or was it indeed the much more frequently spotted species that is commonly known as the Snowflake Chav? :emoticon-0108-speec

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

19. Cyclonic

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wonder what would happen if they did see it coming. It's not as though we can get out of the way.