1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

After the multi-billion dollar lawsuits in the USA against Volkswagen (manipulation of emissions tests) and Monsanto (link of Glyphosat to cancer) it will be interesting to see whether Boeing will be sued by relatives of the victims of the 2 Boeing 737-MAX crashes. Each day media speculation is increasingly saying that not only is the design of the MCAS software apparently "less than robust", it would also appear the FAA delegated a portion of the approval process to Boeing. This could put a serious hole in Boeing's finances, never mind the reputational damage.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I watched the voice the other day and Nicole Scherzinger was on it. ****ing hell she looked hot, and she was only sitting there listening and saying a few words

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

SwanHills and redcgull like this.
  4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Yes, Cyc, but guff or not I guess I have always believed in "Free Love and a Flat Earth." Despite probably having to freeze my balls off in the process, I wish I was young enough to join this wholly worthwhile expedition. Forget pictures of the Planets, that's the Internet screwing around with graphics and high-tech camera trickery. <whistle> <laugh>

Cyclonic likes this.
  5. SwanHills

Hear, hear! If even half of this is true then kick the s.o.b. out...………..

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-us-am...be-expelled-says-fdp-deputy-leader/a-47975156

Enjoyed this comment comment too by Carsten Schneider, (caucus manager of the Social Democrats (SPD) within the parliament), who told the German news agency DPA on Tuesday that "Mr Grenell is a complete diplomatic failure." and also added:

"Grenell's behaviour", said Schneider, reminded him of "a flail," a farmyard term often used for somebody who thrashes around wildly, adding that "Mr Grenell damages trans-Atlantic relations with his repeated clumsy provocations."

A farmyard 'flail'. <laugh>

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  6. SwanHills

Trump says it's time for US to recognize 'Israel's Sovereignty over the Golan Heights'.

It is comforting to know that Trump even knows where they are?

bayernkenny likes this.
  7. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

I suspect this 'move' is for national political consumption; is he hoping for a negative response from the Democrats?

SwanHills likes this.
  8. SwanHills

Kenny: I think the Democrats have decided to let Trump dig his own grave?

I think the entire story of this White House administration since he became President has been, sadly, like a Mack Sennett comedy of the early 20th Century? A very real tragedy for the American people.

rudebwoy and bayernkenny like this.
  9. SwanHills

See what I mean?

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said it is "possible" that President Donald Trump was sent by God to save the Jewish people from Iran.

Will try my best to check and confirm this with God this weekend; hope He is not too busy.

Cyclonic and bayernkenny like this.
  10. bayernkenny

Carry On Up Pennsylvania Avenue!

SwanHills likes this.

11. OddDog

Staff Member

Have you seen the potential Democrat candidates though? They are handing Trump a penalty kick ..........

SwanHills likes this.
  12. bayernkenny

I suspect the Republicans thought the same in the lead up to 2008 with Barack Obama. My slightly younger cousin from Texas swears by Beto O'Rourke but she feels he would have been advised to wait for 2024; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez seems to have frightened a lot of Democrats into throwing their hats into the ring for 2020.

OddDog likes this.
  13. Cyclonic

When I first saw the headline, I though it was one of those bullshit stories, so I went and checked it out. It actually happened.

redcgull likes this.
  14. SwanHills

Indeed, also not impressed so far either. If the Democrats are destined to lose, then let Joe Biden be their candidate. He will certainly give Trump a run for his money with insults and rudeness. Biden is a right old sod sometimes! <laugh>

Joe will not allow Trump to, in any way, bully him, and will put Trump well in his place if he gets smart-ass during the campaign.

15. SwanHills

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  16. OddDog

Staff Member

A very informative yet disturbing video

17. Cyclonic

Scary.

18. SwanHills

Cyclonic and OddDog like this.
  19. Cyclonic

What a powerful piece. I wasn't so interested in the efforts made from time to time in tying the article to Brexit, but the information supplied on the political front in the build up to WW2, was enthralling.

A nice read, thanks Swanny.

SwanHills likes this.
  20. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

I tried to go on Amazon to buy a book today. When I got to the Checkout page, the only option it offered me was effectively a sign up to Amazon Prime with the book delivered tomorrow. I tried to circumvent this by going back and selecting a different delivery method. Guess where it wound up.

I have no problem with Jeff Bezos generally, but if he is going to forcibly rip people off, he will find me in the line with the rabid Far Left wanting him put out of business!

Last time I ordered a book off Amazon they charged a couple of quid postage and it arrived a few days later. If they are offering no option other than sign up for Amazon Prime (annual fee payment), they have just lost a customer permanently.

Looks like I will have to go down Waterstones and pay more for the book to keep a few Chavs in a job for a week.