1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

I can’t believe Klopp might be in trouble for his celebrations. Do they want to take all the passion out of football? FWIW I think the “shushing” of opposing fans by goalscorers is much worse and far more cynical

2. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Aldi really pushing the boat out to tempt Xmas shoppers with their price reductions:

please log in to view this image

3. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

As a Liver pool fan I thought it was funny more than anything, who can't get emotional about a 96th winner in your own Derby game...!! As you say Oddy do they really want to take out al of the passion and drama that real time live sport dos to you... Jeezus, I've seen some very dramatic celebrations at boxing matches, horse race venues, rugby grounds and cricket grounds, some that would have put ole Klopps mad man running escapade to shame...!!

Then you get the PC brigade going on that it's disrespectful, well to a certain point a 50+ year old man running around like a headless chicken might qualify for sanity pills to be sanctioned but it's not disrespectful, surely not... If Silva had run onto the pitch after winning a game in such a dramatic way then I would be saying the same thing, or more like, good on yer pal, I can see it means something to you...

As one slightly drunken owner once said on the pitch to her fans, Let's be havin you...!!

OddDog likes this.
  4. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Ste D and Deleted....... like this.
  5. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Anybody heard from any snowflake or Millennial O2 customers? :emoticon-0145-shake :emoticon-0120-doh: :emoticon-0138-think

No? Neither has anyone else. :emoticon-0127-lipss :emoticon-0127-lipss :emoticon-0127-lipss

Digital slavery a cruel master... :emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think everyone should stay in their allotted seat, clap appreciably in the event of a goal or brilliant save and applaud both teams and officials off the pitch at the end. Anyone standing up, cheering, shouting at the ref or displaying any other form of excitement should be removed from the stadium. Goal scorers should be allowed to acknowledge an assist and to shake hands with team mates whilst quickly returning to the centre to give opponents more tome to score. Any other celebrations should be penalised with a red card. Whatever next

7. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Does anyone know when this year’s annual NHS Winter Crisis starts? Or have I already missed it? Perhaps the all-consuming Brexit media frenzy has pushed it onto the inner pages of the tabloids next to the story about the woman with seventeen kids struggling to have an eighteenth because Universal Credit does not cover the cost of IVF...

8. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

This piece of film brought a smile to my dial. :)

stick likes this.
  9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What a bloody week. Amanda had to jet off to Brussels for a few days. My wife broke her foot. Amanda just had time to get her to hospital and back before she went. Her flight (Air France) was delayed twice before they put her on another plane (sounds like a bus with wings - 11 passengers) which caused her to miss her train connection from Brussels. Luckily she had insurance. Meanwhile I'm having to get my grandson to his school bus for 7am, feed the horses, dogs and cats and, pick him up from school/ football training and, if I get time, look after the wife <laugh>. Touch and go whether she will be able to go Christmas shopping in England this year. Have to get the medication from the chemist this morning as the nurse is coming round to give the wife her injections. Then off to Rennes to pick up Amanda. It's all bloody go. Amanda's boss in England wants the system I've knocked up for her. Maybe I'll get something for it <whistle>

10. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Keep going Ron, it will soon be Christmas <ok>

Ron likes this.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Amanda was amused by the robots Brussels airport. She typed in her flight details and it told her all she needed to know and then asked her to choose a song and she would dance for her. She selected a Frank Sinatra song and the robot only danced <laugh>. Mind the plane was almost 2 hours circling Rennes airport as it was too foggy to land. I fell asleep waiting. She fell asleep while it was circling the airport

12. Cyclonic

Sometimes we're rightly pointed out that an animal or person (same thing) has been wrongly labeled a great, but the same can't be said of Lester Piggott, the man known as The Long Fellow. When it comes to the Sport of Kings, Piggott deserves to be mentioned when it comes to discussions on the merits of the all time great jockeys. As his health isn't all that crash hot at the moment, I thought I'd wish him all the best. Not that he cares too much about the desperates who haunt this site. :)

Lester has been in hospital since early this month. According to his daughter Maureen Haggas, wife of William, the 83 year old champion has been fitted with a pacemaker about 10 days ago.

Get better soon mate. <ok>

Ron, gazboy and OddDog like this.
  13. stick

stick Bumper King

It must be a pretty poor sporting year for Harry Kane to be the fav to win SPOTY

Ron, gazboy and Chaninbar like this.
  14. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Surely this won't happen. All of Wales will be voting for Geraint surely. If I could be arsed to vote he'd get my vote too. The netball girls must win the team of the year.

15. stick

stick Bumper King

Ryder Cup golf team surely

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Definitely the netball team. I'll have to Google Geraint <doh>

17. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Surely the way this country is going the snowflakes will round up the vote for some politically correct non gender specific to win it like wee Raheem?

18. Cyclonic

There is one award being handed out that really gets to me. The Helen Rollason Award Award went to young Billy Monger who lost both legs in an horrific crash that he had no chance of avoiding. It was a shocker. The Helen Rollason award recognises outstanding achievement in the face of adversity and was introduced to the show in 1999 in memory of BBC Sport journalist and presenter Helen Rollason MBE, who lost her battle with cancer during that year at the age of 43. With the support of his family, Billy had the FIA amend it's rules which restricted disabled drivers. On his return,he became the first disabled driver to race in a single seat car. This season the 19 year old whizz took two pole positions and stood on the podium thee times. He's some sort of athlete.

The crash from last April. The camera is in Billy Monger's car.

stick likes this.
  19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Got it. Cyclist. No wonder I hadn't heard of him. I only know Oddy.

Chaninbar likes this.
  20. Cyclonic

And he has a habit of falling off.

Ron likes this.