1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bollocks. Ding getting the run of the cloth and should now clinch it with this frame. In fact I'm not even going to bother to watch, the way the reds have opened up. It's all over Ronny boy.

2. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Forget Jamie and Gordon – this is my idea of a cookery programme: “Naked Kitchen”

JennyScordamaglia&EilaAdams2.jpg

Jenny Scordamaglia and her guest Eila Adams need to be careful with some of those ingredients.

Shame that Miami TV does not appear to be online and they are not allowed to post videos on YouTube...

3. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Congrats to Bayern Munich on being Bundesliga champions for 5th year running, I believe. From a longtime supporter of a club who have just managed to avoid a huge drop to the third division of English football. Sure this fan is pretty happy too?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    bayernkenny likes this.
  4. SwanHills

Former Olympic swimmer Franziska van Almsick at 39-years-old. Married with two children, still a heck of a good-looker............

Capture.PNGvonnAlmsick.PNG

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Amazing food - a pizza inside a burger inside a pizza. Yummy :)

SwanHills likes this.
  6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see one has a row of sausages lined up. Can't quite make out what the other one has in store. Do they have any taller women on it?

7. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

One former 'big' club will take the drop!

On the Bayern Munich front big rebuilding programme required in the close season.

Just had my intermittent review of the 'position' of TSV Munchen 1860; things going from bad to worse.

I remember the first time I 'came across' the delightful Franziska; it was while watching the German equivalent of Sports Personality Of The Year. Could not understand how anyone could be more popular/better than Boris Becker!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  8. SwanHills

Older players are still damn good, BK, but, with the exception of the incredible Arjen Robben (is he the Dutch version of "Wilson of the Wizard"?), some looked a bit puffed-out after, say, 70-minutes, e.g. "Fronk" Ribéry? Club will have to get those youngsters they have cracking asap.

München 1860 is a sad tale, really is. If my old QPR don't do something in the close season, and they have not in the last few years, then they are heading the same way. The part-owner Tony Fernandes, seems to be very naive at times, football-wise? He should have stuck to the airline business and Air Asia, he's very smart at that. Just my own opinion, for what it's worth (nix, probably!).

Oh, should add, Boris Becker is way more popular in the UK than in Germany, that is for damn sure. Ze Germans don't like him, as he does seem to whine and moan a bit in his own language. Doesn't come across like that at all in the English language, and seems to be very popular in the UK? My German friends down here cannot understand this at all! :emoticon-0100-smile

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  9. bayernkenny

Wilson of the Wizard was just a touch before my fascination with comics for 'older' brats. Alf Tupper and Bernard Briggs were my inspiration!

I also see that Hamburg are again making a deep effort to lose their position as the last team which has never been out of the top tier. Their supporters must be going batty. They seem to have a rebirth every year only to fall into the 'play-off' position.

10. SwanHills

A grim and depressing clip on the dangers of taking opiate drugs. A truly horrifying account of what the willy-nilly prescribing of these drugs to patients, early on, has done to the city of Huntington, West Virginia, population just under 50,000. For myself, I don't think all of the blame can be apportioned to the pharmaceutical industry; surely the medical people who were whacking out the prescriptions to all and sundry must be responsible for much of this ghastly situation?

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-39343289/the-heroin-ravaged-city-fighting-back

11. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

HAPPY STAR WARS DAY EVERYBODY. I don't know what the hell they are saying, but the video made me laugh. Apparently the policeman who speaks at the end is saying something like "Kato Koki is cool." Kato Koki is the officer who has to deal with Darth Vader.

12. Cyclonic

Here's an interesting nine minutes and thirty seconds of film. Someone wrote in the comments section that since 1940, 85% of those chasing the world, water speed record have eventually perished in the attempt. Crazy or brave?

13. bayernkenny

Stop the world, f**k Brexit, forget the auld Greek retiring from public life ..........................

Rumours flying about of Led Zeppelin reunion!!!!?????

14. Cyclonic

Imagine a ride in the nose section. And the sound of those massive engines is amazing.

15. SwanHills

This is how our friend, Mr. Cyclonic, likes to listen to the great Edith Piaf, at the controls of his amazing Colomban CriCri Jet..........<ok>

16. Cyclonic

Swanny that was bloody brilliant. I loved the plane, I've never seen a jet of that type before, but when the wonderful Edith Piaf was introduced to the film, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Thanks heaps mate. :)

17. SwanHills

Glad you enjoyed it, Cyc. You know, who said engineering couldn't be poetic! Missus just told me the clip was on German TV, without Edith Piaf (how gauche of the TV people!). Here's a bit from Wikepedia on the designer, French aeronautical engineer Michel Colomban. His first one-seater was designed in 1970! Name Cri-cri is from one of his daughters, Christine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colomban_Cri-cri

One thing I found a bit off-putting, "The aircraft is made from aluminum sheet glued to Klegecell foam." Erm, glue?
    Note to Oddy: Do RR use glue in the manufacture of aero engines? OK, Loctite and Bakerlok (latter used in the drilling business) are damn good products, but, bloody hell, there are limits! <yikes>

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  18. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

We used to use Loctite on inserts I think Swanny, but have long-since moved to threaded inserts for mounting items on major structural parts.

SwanHills likes this.
  19. SwanHills

Thanks, Oddy. On reflection, when Bakerlok was applied where necessary to Drillpipe, Casing, or even Tubing threads, it would have been extremely difficult to unscrew the pipe after the sealant had set. Bakerlok was used most of the time to prevent unscrewing while drilling out after cement job on Casing. I say 'was' because I am now way way out of touch after all these years in retirement! Got a thing called 'Fracking' now and, although deviated drilling is nothing new to me, this technique I know absolutely zilch about!

Should add that a Fracking scene at the surface looks more like a small tank farm than a land drilling rig location! All looks very different to me.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    bayernkenny and OddDog like this.
  20. bayernkenny

Jeez Swanny you make me feel just as I was (and am); a pen pushing, office bound and generally pretty lazy toe-rag!

<cheers>:emoticon-0103-cool::emoticon-0103-cool:<cheers>