1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Left? So calling out racist sentiment is lefty is it? Absolutely ridiculous.

2. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

The left see racism where it doesn’t exist. It’s the lowest form of cancel culture. Because Ron didn’t see any diversity, he was piled on.

3. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

yeah ok.

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  4. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Come on Ron, there wasn't enough diversity. Who wouldn't have enjoyed seeing a Ladyboy choir? One would treasure hearing Huw Edwards say they do such wonderful things with their mouths.
    We were sold short.

5. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Brilliant. Lack of diversity. If it had been all white do we think there'd have been any comment about the lack of diversity?

I can't actually believe I'm being accused of being a lefty. That hasn't happened since I got my swastika tattoo removed.

OddDog likes this.
  6. QuarterMoonIII

QuarterMoonIII Active Member

I did see somebody called “Dr Charlotte Proudman” complaining on Twitter about how white the Buckingham Palace balcony was because Meghan had been the victim of racist misogyny as a woman of colour.

The facts do not appear to tally with her opinions as Meghan was invited along with her husband but chose to stay at home and look after the children as childcare in Montecito is too costly for a couple only scraping by on a few million dollars from Netflix. They surely could not bring their mixed race children to this country for their grandfather’s Coronation with all those horrible white people like the Princess of Wales.

The couple made their narcissistic bed and it seems that one of them is intent on laying in it permanently.

I saw that the media obsessed over Andrew wearing a uniform while Harry wore an ordinary suit. Charles should have given Andrew a tin of cocoa powder and told him to black up and have his hair done in a tight perm. <laugh>

7. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

Andrew was wearing the robes of the Order of the Garter. Harry is not one of that order hence was wearing morning dress with medals.
    Inspired move to have the Princess Royal seated in front of Harry:emoticon-0102-bigsm
    Penny Mordaunt - what can you say

Bustino74 and Joe_z like this.
  8. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

As someone who knows their stuff in this area maybe you can shed some light on how Prince Edward can sport a decent set of medals.I recall the he was in the military for about 10 minutes before quitting.

9. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

Chaninbar likes this.
  10. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

I never had the chance to quit after just 10-minutes at the start of my 2-years National Service. <whistle>

(Always thought Prince Edward was a slightly goofy character, so I'm not surprised by the above comment)

Last edited: May 7, 2023
    Chaninbar likes this.

11. Bustino74

Think he quit the commando course.

12. stick

stick Bumper King

The Grand Old Duke of York
    He had ten thousand men
    He marched them up to the top of the hill
    Then quit because it was far too tough

13. Bustino74

If the Coronation did not have enough diversity for you, then this is your week. Yes, the BBC is giving us wall to wall coverage of Eurovision. A yearly extravaganza of shy retiring types given the stage, the street and the screen to show their talent. Who will say at the end of this week that they've had their fill of the wonderful Rylan?
    How prescient was Dana when she won with 'All Kinds of Everything'?
    We are so lucky to have the BBC guiding our taste.
    Enjoy.

14. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

CNN must be out of their cotton-picking minds sponsoring that Town Hall debate and giving the madman Trump a platform for his totally crazy views, Even CNN's top presenters are criticizing the channel for its stupidity. What a mad mad world we live in?

Chaninbar and Bustino74 like this.
  15. Bustino74

Interest rates go up to 4.5%. Bailey should be ashamed of himself and he's rapidly running out of excuses. Of course interest rates check inflation but they're a bit like throwing buckets of water on a house fire. Unfortunately Bailey was throwing buckets of paraffin on the smouldering embers of that fire for too long for his watery checks to have much effect now.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Got my French driving licence yesterday <party>

I've been renewing my English licence for the last 9 years because I understood that after age 70 French licences had to be renewed every year as opposed to every 3 years with a UK licence. My new licence expires in 2038. I probably will have expired before then <laugh>

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

18. Bustino74

A great singer.

SwanHills, Chaninbar and Resurgam like this.
  19. QuarterMoonIII

QuarterMoonIII Active Member

Carol Vorderman seems to spend most of her day on Twitter grumbling about Tory corruption, so I am not sure where she finds the time for the alleged five men in her life. Clearly she should be running the country with Home Secretary Gary Lineker welcoming the immigrants ashore at Dover en route to new homes in the Home Counties while Chancellor Gary Neville funds absolutely everything from betting on his football punditry and all three of them pay 45 per cent income tax.

It was okay for our Carol to do all those Sun Life Plan adverts where mugs were conned into starting to pay into the plan in their fifties even if that meant that if they lived beyond about seventy they would have paid in more than the plan paid out when they were dead.

Now our Carol has swapped to the Sun Life Funeral Plan (everyone is doing them) where her taxi driver is paying for the funeral of his choice. If he is smart then he will want a funeral procession with a horse-drawn hearse following the entire route of The Knowledge and anything that the horse deposits is shovelled up and delivered to Sadiq Khan’s office.

The people at Everyday Loans should get our Carol in to front that. The plebs would be rushing to borrow £15,000 at 99.9 per cent APR so they pay back nearly £30,000 if they do it in just a year. That young lass smiling her way through their advert just does not have the same gravitas as the former darling of Countdown. Rachel Reeves would be a customer but £15,000 is only one twenty millionth of what she needs for Net Zero.

Ron likes this.
  20. Bustino74

The current Philip Schofield show illustrates how the media is either manipulated or itself seeks to guide our feelings and our thinking. What I’m referring to is how his ‘coming out’ some time ago was reported as if we should feel glad for him and how brave he was being. We now know that the 'event' was actually his attempt at deflecting future criticism when the truth of his relationships finally came out. Why should someone’s sexual bent be of any interest to the man on the Clapham omnibus. Why should it be an item on the TV news, the BBC news.

The media should be ashamed of itself. It has been found to have been manipulated in this tawdry tale and, what is more, at times the manipulator..

Tamerlo and SwanHills like this.