1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

I haven’t. I got stuck on the Hitler video with ArkleSupreme subtitles and his Scoop6 and his aardvark.
    Arkles Aardvark

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Oh yeah I’d forgotten the Aardvark - his answer to Barry’s Bismarck <doh>

NassauBoard likes this.
  3. stick

stick Bumper King

Why is no one up in arms re Prince Charles visiting his Dad in his hospital yesterday? I am pretty sure us mere mortals are not allowed anywhere near a poorly relatives bedside.

rudebwoy likes this.
  4. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Matt hancock found guilty of breaking law on procurement, no action or protest from starmer , we live in a authoritarian state , just some still think it’s a democracy .........they can act with impunity , hence big ears popping in to see his racist father , nothing to see , move along .......no doubt some goon will reply in support of these people ......

stick likes this.
  5. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Depends if he is saying goodbye or not isn’t it?

stick likes this.
  6. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Apparantly the hospital put up the rules/law about the visit on twitter as that question was trending, the visit was legal/allowed.

7. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

I doubt that anyone will mind how the U.K. government got hold of the vaccines if everyone can get vaccinated soon.

Starmer has been useless as opposition leader. He has had months to expose the governments mistakes and has failed miserably.

8. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

more things to worry about in the world to be honest than criticising a son visiting his 99 year old father in hospital.

9. DaveF123

DaveF123 Member

Agree with that. Been living with my 88 year old mum since lockdown started, probably doing both of our heads in. Spent a night in A&E myself Wednesday, mainly cos I hadn't been able to make docs appointment for months. Lot of people visiting people while I was there, There needs to be a bit of common sense (and compassion) about the rules, though always hard to enforce common sense!!

SwanHills, Steveo and Ron like this.
  10. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

it appears that some of the right wing Tory MPs are unhappy with the cautious approach to easing the lockdown that the Prime Minister is likely to announce later.
    if they are unhappy then finally Boris must be doing a good job! Finally maybe we are seeing the tougher approach that I have been saying is necessary on here for months.

If the Tory nutjobs are so bothered about easing the lockdown then maybe they should have encouraged a tougher lockdown earlier to get on top of the virus.

11. QuarterMoonIII

QuarterMoonIII Active Member

Matt was three days early...
    please log in to view this image

SwanHills and Bustino74 like this.
  12. QuarterMoonIII

QuarterMoonIII Active Member

Fake News. But by who and why?
    please log in to view this image
    The photo was doing the rounds in Texas, where they are having a few power outages because of unusually cold weather.
    Republican Senator John Cornyn made sure folks knew how wind turbines were not as reliable as fossil fuels.
    Republican Representative Dan Crenshaw blamed frozen wind turbines for Texas power outages.
    Republican Governor of Texas Greg Abbott went on Fox News to make sure the message got out.
    Republican Ted Cruz would have joined in but he was off holidaying in Cancun, away from the big freeze.
    Now these guys only got about a million dollars of funding from Texas oil industry lobby groups in the 2020 campaign season.

Just a couple of problems with the story...
    Even with a few wind turbines frozen, the rest of the renewables were still producing more electricity than Texas had planned and it was fossil fuels that underperformed. The shortage was because the Texas Energy company – the State grid – had no agreements to import energy from neighbouring states to get around some regulations.
    The photo of the helicopter was taken in Sweden in 2014; and wind turbines can be heated to stop them freezing – the Swiss do it.

SwanHills, Ron and rudebwoy like this.
  13. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

So true, QMIII. I am well over 80 and not the slightest sign yet of any vaccines on the horizon! Latest wife and I heard was the vaccination place will be way out by the old Riem Airport area (now used for exhibitions, flower shows, and whatnot.) Apparently, a feeder bus then will take people to the vaccination centre from the S-Bahn station. What an extraordinary mess Germany, and I would imagine other EU nations are in at the moment? EU President, Von der Leyen, should be fired, absolutely useless. Think Oddy already mentioned what a terrible mess she made of being Defence Secretary here. Chancellor Merkel certainly 'rewards' her 'yes' people. I am sure that Manfred Weber, the then front runner for EU President would have done a damn sight better job than this. Well done to the UK on buying as many dosages early on for its citizens, have to give full credit where credit's due.

Steveo and Ron like this.
  14. DaveF123

DaveF123 Member

I think there used to be a saying in European circles that in order to get the top jobs in Europe you had to first prove your incompetence in your home territory, which I think this lady has done with distinction.
    I've got my vaccination this Friday - almost counts as a day out in these times !!

SwanHills likes this.
  15. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

considering the mess Germany is making of the vaccine it is remarkable that Germany is recording fewer deaths from the virus day on day.
    Just goes to show the even bigger mess that the UK government has made of things over the past year.

16. OddDog

Staff Member

Amazingly it’s still 16 degrees here at 6:40 pm so I just had to chuck some kebabs on the barbie. I use a small Weber electrical barbecue (not allowed anything else on the balcony) and it does a really good job. In February !!!!!!

C1635C64-FD92-49C6-BADF-3FC5846707DF.jpeg

Ron likes this.
  17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great isn't it. 18 here. Not so warm today though.
    I was out in the fields last night, feeding horses, checking water and fencing bla bla (generally keeping out of the way) and it started to get dark. Liked a twat, as I took a short cut between two fields I walked straight into a twig, which got me right on the eyeball. Talk about painful. At present I have a patch over my eye, taken some pain killers and anti inflammatory, and it has eased off a bit; But I have a swelling on the eyeball. Won't be posting much today

18. DaveF123

DaveF123 Member

Ouch !!

Ron likes this.
  19. OddDog

Staff Member

Ooof hope you’re feeling better soon Ron

Ron likes this.
  20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The pain killers etc are working really well and now getting used to typing with one eye covered. At this rate I will be back to normal by tomorrow. Amanda is a great nurse <cheers>