1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did anyone else add the males and females together to see if they added up to the total? <doh>

2. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Doubt it, stoners aren't that miserable and bitter

rudebwoy likes this.
  3. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Biden thinks he is running against George Bush. Ffs, with Harris his running mate, she has not gave a single interview, they look like losing more each day in what should have been an open goal.

SwanHills likes this.
  4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

[
    Yes, I found this very strange too. Surely they should both be out on the stump working their butts off, like Trump and Pence are doing? Weird tactics by the Democrats. Can see an 'open goal' being blown here! :emoticon-0112-wonde :(

5. mallafets123

I did some reading yesterday about what the Trump administration has actually achieved, they have some very good accomplishments but you wont read about them in the msm as the orange man is bad.
    Huge cuts in regulation helping buiness and reducing man hours dealing with it,
    Tax cuts,
    Placed a record number of judges,
    Lowest employment rate in 50yrs,
    Lowest earners have a rise in take home pay,
    Got rid of the counter productive Paris accord,
    Got rid of the Iran deal giving money to the Mullahs that even John Kerry said was going straight to terrorists,
    ISIS depleted,
    First US Pres for a long time not to start a war,
    Moved the US embassy to Jerusalem, and has the first meaningful peacedeals in place in decades in the middle east,
    Crackdown on China like he told his voters he would,
    He resisted using the federal government and refused to use it during covid to clamp down and control peoples lives which he was urged in DC to do so.
    Contrary to what people think he has never threatened the press, the legislator, and used the executive powers in much less strong terms as his predecessor,
    Restored due process in college campus.
    However he has spent way too much $, the China moves remain to be seen whether good or bad.
    Then along came Covid which if it did not he was a shoe in it seems.
    The Dems are carrying out a lot of focus groups and are getting worried as they are finding from them that they are not 8 points ahead like the polls say. They are being told "ive more in my take home pay than ever before".

Ron likes this.
  6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How vital is a free trade deal with USA. It's beginning to look like it won't happen, or will be low priority

7. mallafets123

All trade is vital Ron. Both countries will want a deal and business will pressure politicians to do one. As with everything in life some peoople will win and some will lose no matter what deal is done or not done.

8. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Most of that list is either negative achievements or bullshit.

9. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

They will roll over and take the terms the US wants. Food standards will drop and we'll have privatised healthcare in a matter of years.

10. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

You make this sound like being a 'stoner' is a real good thing. I m sure from a health perspective not many doctors would recommend being a 'stoner' as a positive. So what are the traits of a stoner?

I'll list a couple of things:

1) Increase paranoia
    2) Lack of energy/enthusiasm.

Anything good to highlight?

mallafets123 likes this.

11. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Pain relief
    Helping cancer patients with food consumption
    Antidepressant
    Enhanced sleep

Medical cannabis has been prescibed by thousands of doctors, and the benefits of it are slowly being accepted.

Guess you could just google it instead of asking silly questions? <cheers>

12. CaptainPops

Ahhh we are trying to be clever...

Obviously those with a medical need fair enough but I wasn't talking about those type of people as well you know.

I m talking about those people using it for recreational purposes - real stoners!

Try not to be a clever dick it doesn't suit..

13. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

An interesting list, but Trump has his problems too. For example, Florida. The negative side is given by an entrepreneurial small business owner in which he said, and I quote:

"We need hope. We need leadership. We need a government that can keep people safe and create an atmosphere where everyone -- not just the rich -- can thrive. As a lifelong entrepreneur and small business owner, I know firsthand how the economy in Florida is leaving our essential workers behind. Our service industry employees are often the lowest paid, least secure, and first laid off when trouble strikes. Our tradesmen and teachers aren't asking for more than a fair wage, they just want the fair pay they deserve. Millions of Floridians can't afford housing or proper medical care, and they want a President who doesn't just see their plight, but actually empathizes with them and wants to help. This is where Joe Biden excels; he oozes compassion at a time when voters want it most."

There are many other serious problems facing Floridians at the moment, please read on.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/26/opinions/us-elections-2020-florida-trump-problem-king/index.html

Over 60-million votes have already been cast. Something of a record, I'd say?

14. mallafets123

That is either negative achievements or bullshit.

15. mallafets123

Probably correct, not living there anymore I would not know the detail. The bit about Biden though lol he does not know what day it is and what are hid 47yr achievement apart from being a multi millionaire?
    All Presidents obviously have a list of +/- and probably as long as each other. However you do not read about the good things the Trump administration has done as that does not suit the narrative of the msm.
    Always puzzled me how teaching is a looked down upon job in the US.
    Be interesting to see if voter turn out is high or just masses have decided to mail in and not go in person.

16. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the millions who relax with cannabis ? a natural drug as opposed to the state sponsored alchol , tobacco , and the myriad of crap that’s pushed by doctors as a result of big pharma influence ?
    Cannabis has been consumed for thousands of years , are there any recorded deaths due to its effects ?
    Conversely , tobacco and alcohol can be held responsible for millions of early baths .......not to mention all the incidents occurring every weekend when hordes get drunk .......seems a strange standpoint .....

Saf, LG and Toby like this.
  17. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

You literally spoke about doctors in your post?

At least you tried, eh? <cheers>

18. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

Huge cuts in regulation helping buiness and reducing man hours dealing with it,

Examples please?

Tax cuts,

For billionaires, it's cost the US goverment more than all the UK's debt. Even billionaires have been saying it's ridiculous

Placed a record number of judges,

How is that an achievement? The judges died ffs. They lied to get the first one in place amd cheated to get the 3rd one in

Lowest employment rate in 50yrs,

Not true

Lowest earners have a rise in take home pay,

Also not true

Got rid of the counter productive Paris accord,

You mean the accord made to try to slow down Global Warming? How is that an 'achievement'?

Got rid of the Iran deal giving money to the Mullahs that even John Kerry said was going straight to terrorists,

No proof of that. Iran aren't terrorists.

ISIS depleted,

Thanks to Russia carpet bombing the country

First US Pres for a long time not to start a war,

Only achievement in the list so far <applause> He managed it by not doing anything <laugh>

Moved the US embassy to Jerusalem, and has the first meaningful peacedeals in place in decades in the middle east,

Embassy move caused lots of tension in the region, people died ffs, the peacedeal is meaningless too.

Crackdown on China like he told his voters he would,

How is that a good thing?

He resisted using the federal government and refused to use it during covid to clamp down and control peoples lives which he was urged in DC to do so.

And the US have record deaths. What an achievemenr <applause>

Contrary to what people think he has never threatened the press, the legislator, and used the executive powers in much less strong terms as his predecessor,

There are dozens of videos/quotes of him threatening the press

Restored due process in college campus.

As in?

However he has spent way too much $, the China moves remain to be seen whether good or bad.
    Then along came Covid which if it did not he was a shoe in it seems.
    The Dems are carrying out a lot of focus groups and are getting worried as they are finding from them that they are not 8 points ahead like the polls say. They are being told "ive more in my take home pay than ever before".[/QUOTE]

I shouldn't have bothered tbh, you'll just ignore my answers as usual.

By the way all of that information was freely available on most reputable news websites. Your silly little MSM dig is pathetic. What I find interesting is the 'orange man bad' quote, do you know where that comes from? It's an alt-right meme, nice to know you're getting your news from a healthy place...

19. CaptainPops

Yes well done...yet again trying to be a clever dick!. My original post was to your sarcastic quip about another poster on here not being a stoner because he wasn't showing certain traits.

20. CaptainPops

I think we ve had a similar exchange on here previously so no point spending endless amounts of time debating this but my viewpoint is just different which shouldn't make it strange.

The first thing to say is that it is illegal to smoke cannabis in the U.k for recreational purposes unless prescribed by a medical professional. So people should not be doing it.

I find it a bit shocking you are trying to argue the point that cannabis does not cause any deaths and coming across as if trying to promote it from a health perspective. Advice from the NHS is as follows:

If you smoke cannabis with tobacco, you're likely to get addicted to nicotine and risk getting tobacco-related diseases such as cancer.

As we know smoking it is by far the most common way of using cannabis.

In addition cannabis can lead to:
    Dependency/addiction
    Increase paranoia
    Lack of enthusiasm/energy
    Lead to taking class A drugs
    Increase anxiety
    Depression
    Mental health issues.

The above list not exhaustive. Cannabis has caused or indirectly caused deaths in this country. The picture you paint of people at home spliffed out and chilled is hardly a shining example for public health.