1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The disallowed Bolton goal

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by terryb, Oct 5, 2015.

1. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

I have not seen any mention on any board about the "goal" for Bolton shortly before JET scored the winner.

Can anybody tell me what actually happened? I had taken my eyes off Green & just saw the Bolton player stroke the ball into the goal.

I do know that the referee wasn't watching & had no idea what to give. Anyone got a clue?

2. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

Like most of the crowd, I was focussed elsewhere but I'm pretty sure it was because the Bolton player knocked it out of Green's hands, much like we had done to their goalie a few minutes earlier. You're right, the ref didn't have a clue - rather summed up his game, really.

3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

We were just above it. Upper loft
    Green had the ball in one hand....it was knocked out of his hand and put in the goal..not given

We we also saw Smithies have two hands on the ball, knocked out of his hands ...which was given earlier vs Cardiff??????

So that is two wrong decisions...but evened out.

Schooooose don't tell anyone

4. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

We did the same few mins earlier and a foul was given just before we were going to score so what's the difference ?

5. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

6. Jimbo ranger

It's all bolloks he was crying like s baby all through the game constantly running on to pitch jumping up and down

Zero class !!! Scum

7. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

8. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

I didn't say there was a difference Jimbo.

I stated that I hadn't seen what had happened & had asked if anybody could enlighten me!

An opponent is not allowed to stand in front of the 'keeper when he has the ball in his hands, so I'm fairly certain from the replies that it should have been a free kick.

That doesn't alter the fact that the referee didn't see the incident & could easily have given a goal. I think most Rangers fans would have then blamed Green & Ramsey for a defeat!

If the linesman hadn't been flaging, a goal may have been given & total meltdown would then have followed!

9. TimPR78

TimPR78 Well-Known Member

Did Lennon also bring up the blatant pen when we were one nil down? Laughable that he can say the ref was on our side, usually I wouldn't moan about refs but the one at the weekend and the one against Forest were piss poor and I would consider we didn't get the rub of the green in either game, don't really have any complaints about the refs in any of the other games so I'm not crying out that everyone is against us like Lennon, grow up ginge!

10. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

The ref got so much wrong that it's easy for Lennon to make a case that he cost them the match. But I'm sure that he and everyone else who watched the game knows that the incompetency was unbiased. A truly awful referring performance including the incident mentioned here - the ball was blatantly knocked from Green's hand as he went to kick it but the ref was looking away and had to rely on the linesman to eventually clue him in. It's actually bad coaching by Lennon - he should have told his players that if they always let RG kick the ball Bolton will get the resulting throw-ins :emoticon-0102-bigsm

daverangers likes this.

11. tom0601

tom0601 New Member

The ball was in one of Greens hands and they knocked it out of his hand, the goal would never stand because the law is you can't take the ball off the goalkeeper even if it's just one hand because th ball is under th keepers control

12. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

13. Jimbo ranger

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

and don't get me started on his awful song imagine

15. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

He's got a nerve too - when he was up here at Celtic you've never seen more biased refereeing, never heard him whining then!

16. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

After Clint's "goal" they need 27 wrongly disallowed goals to make up for it. Zero sympathy.

rangercol likes this.