1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Defence

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Minty Fresh, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minty Fresh

Minty Fresh Active Member

I had quite a few things I was gonna say about the defence so instead of spamming the board with my opinions that you probably couldn't give a flying **** about (a la Tash/Pythagoras) I'll put them all in this thread. <ok>

As I type this right now, our only senior backup defender is 'Mr. Versatility' himself, James Perch. For me this means we NEED to sign another CB, especially if Williamson's injury is serious. I think our defence has been impressive so far this season (only team in PL not to concede yet), especially Collo and Saylor, but if injuries hit us (and they always do) we're in trouble. We SERIOUSLY lack strength in depth.

If you could sign just one of Pieters, Cissokho and Santon, who would it be?

Also, would you agree that if/when we do get a proper left-back in Raylor should take over Simpsons spot at right-back. IMHO Raylor has been far more impressive this season, and he has been playing on his weak side. I think there isn't too much seperating them defensively but Raylor offers a lot more going forward (and I don't just mean set peices.

Thoughts???

2. beardface

beardface Active Member

Colo & STaylor as our CB defensive partnership still yet to concede <ok>.

3. magicbus

magicbus Member

Ray Thank god for young Salor is our leading goalscorer so we need him playing. Last night Ba ( this is what you get for a free transfer Mr. Ashley ) and Best jusy didnt gel and would not have scored playing park football. If ever the powers that be need convincing that we need quality upfront ( and for quality Mr. Ashley you have to pay for it ) then last night proved it. Thank god for young Amiobi.
    Chances were created in the second half but the shooting was woeful at best ( sorry about the pun there ).
    i really hope we can get at least 3 more players in before the window shuts preferably a full back ( I`d play Raylor in Simmo`s place ) and 2 TWO STRIKERS.

4. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

5. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

Pieters and Situ to sign next couple of days, defence sorted <ok>

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

A right back is certainly needed long term in my opinion. I would agree that I'd play Raylor at present. I've been told a little tale about Simpson that may have something to do with his poor start to the season. One thing for sure last night was not acceptable. I do think we're light underneath and clearly Kadar is continually crocked who I wanted to see given a chance. Maybe this Situ and Remy would be good cover, and a left back needs to come in soon. Obviously if we could get Santon that would be awesome but I think that may be pie in the sky.

Certainly up top is handicapping us badly at present. When you have 5 Newcastle fans sitting in a room all saying they'd play a youngster with zero playing time ahead of your whole strikeforce, there is a problem. I would honestly consider playing young Ameobi now, probably with Vuckic. At least they move and can link play. Being brutal we have Best, Shola, Ba and Lovenkrands and I wouldn't want any of them in the starting 11!

7. Alfie

Alfie Active Member

??? Tell

8. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Simpson was shocking last night. Caught out of posistion too often and his crosses were shocking. If that's what he does against S****horpe then against Man Utd and City we will be in BIG trouble.

He has obviously not learned his lesson from last year and if he does not improve then drop him because he is becoming too much of a liability.

9. Pipe4Life

Pipe4Life Active Member

yes do tell us what the crack is with simmo? i put it down to sleepless nights with the new baby.

10. Warmir Pouchov

Well lads I don't really like spreading rumours particularly about our players but this is happening at present. I can't see how it helps for me to put it on an internet forum because his life is his own, particularly when he has a young family. But I've thrown out the bone so I can't really leave it at that with you lads as you'll think I'm a bellend. He is playing away from home at present with a very pretty young lady. A lad I know is friends with her older sister and he can't keep away. This tieing in with a bit of partying, so his form is not being the best does tally. Sorry Danny but dont do the crime as they say!

11. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Defence will be sorted in next couple of days as pieters and situ will sign before the end of the window.

WE NEED A STRIKER OFC.. We all know that. The problem is where are we gonna get one from that improves our strikeforce.

Best finishing last night was shocking.
    McLoven was hust plain Forrest Gump and...
    Ba has done nothing in any games I have seen him, pre season included to suggest hes a good player.

There is Bellamy for free as a quick fix.... But I cant see that happening.

Plus can I just say that Danny Gosling was AWFUL last night.

12. Pipe4Life

Pipe4Life Active Member

oh danny, for shame. what another man chooses to do is his own business and he can live with the consequences himself. but when it starts affecting his form on the pitch...that lowsy son of a bitch.

13. Warmir Pouchov

Couldn't have Bellamy back ever after the things he's said about the club and its supporters. Plus he is an absolute tool who behaved in a shameful way off the pitch while here. Yes he was good on the pitch in general but he's more trouble than he's worth. Hence the nomadic career. Add in that he looked finished last year, has lost a significant amount of pace, and he has chronic knee problems, he'd be a really bad buy.

Ba is worrying me and my blind faith. I keep saying "I hope I'm wrong and he's rusty". I said when everyone got excited that the lad may have got goals but his general play for West Ham was poor (play often broke down in an Shola type way) He is just not a natural footballer but its only 2 games so I'll keep up the blind faith!

14. barnaby

barnaby Well-Known Member

Simpson has been dreadfull since the start of the season and was also rubbish at the close so he cant blame the birth of his child.

Defence did look better when Saylor came on for Williamson,

15. Colly NUFC

Colly NUFC Active Member

So what was his excuse last season then?

16. barnaby

barnaby Well-Known Member

FFS he's just had a kid, bloody grow up Danny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.