1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic THE (DANGEROUS) GAMES ABOUT TO BE PLAYED OUT

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Aug 9, 2019.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Having just come out of hospital and enduring, it appears, a successful operation my summer is to be one of recuperation and rest periods!
    I watched a few hours of tele today, and Corbilliks is pulling his hair out … ( you have to read a lot between the lines to get the plots, and Guido Fawkes failed Nov 5th plot pales into insignificance!).
    It is a bit like the finale of a tense film where it ends with 5 secs on the clock of a time bomb that is going to blow up the one you love or end civilization … which wire to cut blue or red …………!
    GDP has shrunk a bit, but in the past 10 years there is a dozen things like welfare, wages working practices etc etc etc that have excelled anything forcast over and above the previous 10 years to that.
    Some PEEPS RUED the day Boris would be PM, but at the moment he seems to sailing in the face of those critics. Should CORBILLIKS ( think only he/ labour can do it ) call for a vote of no confidence ( or devious manoeuvre ) Boris should he loose or indeed win, can call a general election to take place on … say Nov 5th! OR CLOSE TO IT... at that point in time we will be out of the EU SIGNED AND SEALED WILL BE OUR FATE ….

THIS IS A VERY CLEVER MANAOUVRE....
    an ensuing GE that would follow would have no need for Brexit party, lib dems platform would likely collapse those " new voters" the party attracted as an alternative to labour, may well drift back to voting for who they did previously? An interesting vote would be Scotland, how would the fence sitters vote?.. they would be out of the EU, LIKELY NO DEAL! .. so independence would not seem such a good idea as their exports are minimal [ compared to the overall picture ]and any support as a EU nation would stop!
    the film ends with JC is running from a massive heathland fire and comes to a towering cliff, massive waves crash over massive jagged rocks …. so he ……………………??????

2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

If BJ calls a GE, it will be pre Brexit, probably about the 20-25th Oct!!

3. johngalleyfan2

suicide for Boris = no
    UK parliamentary law is that when a GE IS CALLED parliament is dissolved and no business can be discussed in the house prior to a period before the election day. GE day say25th would [if a weekday] give almost a week before 31st!!!!!! and that could scupper the boat ……

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Cool another Brexit / political thread

BCFCRob likes this.
  5. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

think there will be a snap election and we can do it all again, meanwhile I wish you a swift recovery mate,

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Get better buddy

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Yes I second that John, take it steady and have a complete recovery.

8. johngalleyfan2

different government and different scenario, all rules that governed the chaos that was pre Boris pretty much old hat now.
    On Boris being elected it was wipe the slate clean... NEW PLAYING FIELD... and different aspects to embellish the procedure for the next 10 weeks!
    it is now more than 80% certain we will leave, [ with no deal ] and whether this was a connived collusion within the TORY PARTY, that a new leader / summer recess / restricted time safety net GE would have a profound effect? ...who knows!

9. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Good to hear your operation went well , look after yourself and get well soon John

10. johngalleyfan2

THANKS TO ALL GOOD WISHES
    only downside is summer holidays with Grandkids will be missed, visits beach/ parks etc etc upside to that is WX is sh*** Hopefully when all is healed is will be able to resume unfinished business in NW Scotland, on the cusp of an important major discovery, ….

11. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your operation went well JGF. Hope your recovery goes well.
    Please spare a thought for me - currently stuck in hospital in Sofia with septicaemia waiting for my insurance company to try and find a way to get me back to the UK.

12. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

R&W
    I'll bet your blaming the illness on Brexit.:emoticon-0136-giggl

Seriously, a condition nobody would want. Hope everything works out for you. <cheers>

13. johngalleyfan2

OUCH! that's not good, one of the things I have to be careful of. ASSUME YOU FLEW THERE! so likely looking for an air med plane.
    best wish's and good luck

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  14. bcfcredandwhite

Thanks JGF. Yes you’re right about the flight.
    The worst thing for me is that it’s in my abdomen, so I have open wounds which need packing every day, around my private parts. The only way I’ll get home is on a special flight - I can’t catch a normal flight - I can’t sit down!!!

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Get better soon JGF

16. johngalleyfan2

I used to do jobs for an airline that carried veggis up from Africa beans and things at LUXEMBORG airport on one occasion there was patient being transferred [ via the freight apron guess it was less busy and more room and ambulance was able to manoeuvre?] Plane was a converted or custom made jet sort that has 12 seats dining room etc for exec's.. Trying to remember the name, not that it makes much difference, but had a swiss ID HB and 3/4 letters were the company initials so they are about!
    how did you contract it?

17. bcfcredandwhite

It morphed from diarrhoea and sickness - I just didn’t get better.

18. johngalleyfan2

OH SHI* that was unfortunate...
    spoke to a friend an hour ago DR: he said medi vac's are sometimes delayed if in hospital due to costs, you get good treatment looked after get somewhat better so then the evac can be less intense [ peeps wise transport wise ] as long as your insurance is sound then don't worry about it... as a joke he said tell him to spend a week trying to learn the local language ...if nothing else will take your mind off it!
    be positive ….

19. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed you get back home quickly and get better soon bcfcredandwhite

20. johngalleyfan2

yo bcfcrw, hope all going better , and good news on the horizon …..
    just had my 41 stitch's out and wound 9" or so looked horrendous but was just dried blood ! and healing well .. my surgeon and physio are both from Bulgaria you have to give them 15 out of ten.