1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Daggers Vs The Gas Build Up/Matchday Thread And Poll

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Sep 12, 2013.

?

Final Score

Poll closed Sep 14, 2013.
  1. Daggers Win

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Gas Win

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Score Draw

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Goalless Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dagenham & Redbridge Vs Bristol Rovers, Victoria Road, Dagenham, Sky Bet League 2, Saturday 14th September 2013, Kick Off 3:00pm

please log in to view this image
    Vs

Dagenham & Redbridge Info

Capacity: 6,000 (2,200 Seats)

Address: Dagenham, Essex RM10 7XL

Main Telephone No: 0208 592 1549

Fax No: 020 8593 7227

Ticket Office: 020 8592 1549 (ext 21)

Team Nickname: Daggers

Year Ground Opened: 1917
    Pitch Size: 112 x 72 yards

Shirt Sponsors: West & Coe

Home Kit Colours: Red & Blue

Away Kit Colours: Light Blue With White Trim

Kit Manufacturers: Sondico

Official Web Site: www.daggers.co.uk

2013/14 Season So Far

Current League Position - 18th Pld 6 W 1 D 3 L 2 GD -3 PTS 6

Current League Form - W D D L D

Head To Head: http://www.bristolrovers-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/next/vs/match/index.shtml

Tickets: Tickets for Rovers trip to Dagenham are available to order in advance direct from the home club, although there is no Early Bird discount on offer.

Tickets in the Traditional Builders Stand (Away Supporters), are priced as follows

Adults £18.50

Concessions £13.00

Juniors (10-U16) £11.00

Under 10 Free (when purchased with adult ticket. Must be purchased in advance).

Their ticket office contact number is 020 8592 1549 ext. 21. Any tickets bought over the phone will be left for collection in the matchday collections office. Tickets will be available on the gate (cash only) – with the exception of the U10 ticket which must be purchased in advance.

How To Get There: Leave Bristol and head up the M4 towards London. Take the exit for the M40/M1/Watford and then merge on to the M25. At junction 28 take the A12/A1023 exit to Chemlsford/Romford/Brentford, then at Brook Street roundabout take the 4th exit onto the A12 ramp to Romford/A118. Merge on to Colchester Road/A12. At Gallows Corner Roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Main Rd/A118. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto Mercury Gardens/A1251. Continue to follow the A1251and go through the next roundabout. At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit onto old Chruch Road. Turn left at Dagenham Road, cross Rush Green Road/A124, and rejoin the Dagenham Road. Follow this for a mile-and-a-half and then turn left at Rainham Road. Finally, turn right on to Victoria Road, and the ground will be on your left.

SatNav: RM10 7XL

Distance: 159 miles

Duration: 2 hours and 49 minutes

Away Facilities: Away fans are housed at one end of the stadium. Up to 1,200 fans can be accommodated in this area. As you would expect from a new stand the views of the playing action and facilities are both good. To get to the away end go through the main entrance, walk straight on through the car park, past the supporters club to the right, and then walk along the back of the Main Stand. The entrance is down on the right at the corner of the ground.

Last visit: Rovers last visit to the LBDRS was in April 2013, Rovers won an exciting game 4-2, with goals coming from John-Joe O'Toole, Oumare Tounkara (2) and Danny Woodards.

2. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

There hasn't been a draw yet against The Daggers and its 4-3 to The Gas in wins there's been 23 goals in the 7 matches we have played so far so I feel a 2-2draw coming (I hope I'm wrong :smiley:) Harrold and Harrison to score for The Gas.

3. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

We're going to break our away hoodoo.

2-1 to the Gas, Bond (on debut), Brunt. <ok>

4. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Ward on this Saturday's game

John Ward says his team have been working on the attacking element on their game on the training pitch this week.

The manager said: &#8220;I am looking to improve the goal-scoring for this weekend.

&#8220;It is frustrating for me, as I pride myself that my teams will score goals, but at the moment we are not, and we are not creating a lot either.

&#8220;The week has been spent working on that, and trying to be positive in that respect. If we can get a run of games for our strikers then the team becomes more solid, and hopefully the front play becomes more effective.&#8221;

Eliot Richards and Ollie Clarke both played in the reserve team win against Mangotsfield last night, and could be available for the weekend.

John said: &#8220;Eliot played last night and he is fit and well for the weekend. Matt Gill and Garry Kenneth played as well, and Ollie Clarke got an hour, so hopefully we have got three or four of them ready to play.

&#8220;Eliot offers a different option, he plays off the big guy and if he was to come back in and play alongside one of the big guys I think he would enjoy that.

&#8220;Ollie took a knock just before he came off, so we are going to check him out today, but hopefully he will be ok.&#8221;

Dagenham have had an unpredictable start to the season, but the manager says you have to expect them to be at their best.

He said: &#8220;They beat Colchester 4-1 and they produced some threat against a team from a higher league, but we saw them lose 3-0 at Mansfield and play not very well at all, so it is an unpredictability.

"We have got to expect them to be on good form, and hope to catch them off it.

&#8220;I am sure their manager will mention the result from last season. If we are 3-0 up at quarter past three I will take that, but I don&#8217;t think that is likely.

&#8220;I think we will have a very difficult game on our hands, and hopefully we can give them one as well.&#8221;

All matches so far this season have been very close, with a single goal deciding each of them.

John said: &#8220;Every game we have had has been decided by the odd goal, and we have been very close. We have been in every single game so far.

&#8220;We will go to Dagenham and work hard to stay with the game, and if we can improve our shooting tally, we have a chance of coming back with a point or three, and that is important.&#8221;

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

we have to win away some time so may as well be at dag & red <laugh>

6. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Bristol Rovers manager John Ward told BBC Radio Bristol:

"The three games last week were furious in terms of their content and it was the first really physical week for them.

"It was a new experience for the young guys so we've got to look after people.

"We've now got to go to Dagenham and make sure we have some energy about us."

So, do you think he'll rest some of the young'uns and opt for a bit more experience in the form of Kenneth, Gill and Bond tomorrow?

7. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Particularly as it's an away game I wouldn't be at all surprised to see changes. Kenneth has looked good in the
    Development Squad games I've seen, and I'm sure that Bond is not here as a benchwarmer. We could see all
    three subs used, and early if necessary. Could be a nominal back 5 of Smith McChrystal Kenneth Parkes and Brown,
    with Smith and Brown given licence to get forward.

8. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

I'd like to see that. It would give us solidity at the back and the ability to counterattack. I'd also like to see Bond playing alongside JJOT in midfield and Richards playing off Brunt up front.

9. monarch

monarch Member

Col U were 1-0 at Dagenham, second half, center half sent off, 2 injuries, went to pieces, game should have been all over before halftime.
    Good luck tomorrow, Bond a quality player, we just have to many mid-fielders.

10. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Cheers monarch <ok>

I want Bond in the starting line up, with our away record we go nothing to lose.

I predict 1-1

11. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

<ok>.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Rovers wearing purple and black away kit today. First time in a league match.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Andy Bond makes his Roves debut this afternoon on the right of midfield

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Ryan Brunt not involved today - ankle injury prevented him from playing

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Manager makes three changes to his starting lineup -

Clarkson, Brunt & Lockyer OUT

Richards, Harrold & Bond IN

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Ward confirms 442

--------------------Mildenhall---------------------
    Smith------Parkes------McChrystal-----Brown
    Bond------Norburn-------O'Toole-----Harrison
    -------------Richards----Harrold-----------------

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Subs

Gough,
    Kenneth
    Lockyer
    Gill
    Harding
    Santos
    Clarkson

18. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

So he's gone for 442 with Bond slotting straight in a midfield 4. Also he's got Richards playing off Harrold.

Not a lot of pace, but pretty much what I'd have gone for.

Come on the Gas!!

Unfortunately, I can only be here for 30 mins, then have to go out <grr>

19. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Brunt injured again &#55357;&#56863;

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator