1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. leafygreensuburb

2. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I lived in Scotland so have been through all the banter with the Jockanese. I do not support him.

I do not think the Jocks count as a different race to the English, though given the chance they'd probably like to be.

Have you tried chiropractic? I had 4 years of a hip injury and all sorts of treatment - physio, osteo, acupuncture, etc - to no avail until my dad suggested a chiro he'd been to. He told me my problem was in my back, not my hip. Two sessions and I was painless again. Since then I've learned people who've had chiro become quite evangelical about it.

My chiro actually wrote to the club once to tell them he suspected Torres' problem was in his pelvis, not his hamstring, because he was getting constant niggles rather than tears.

3. cunningham

cunningham New Member

Afternoon lads, I was wondering whether you could get hold of some 17" alloys for me, there pretty dear, thought you lads would be able to get some alot cheaper?

Oh while your at it, any advice on tash growth would be much appreciated as I am trying to grow one, but I just cant get it right?

4. Muppetfinder General

Here's the thing: your bumfluff is not a 'tache. It's just puberty finishing off its job. The real work begins in a few years, when you do things like leave school, lose your virginity and McDonalds give you your own broom. Then you'll have a full beard, like Peter Sutcliffe.

5. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Why? Did you ask Gary Neville the first time around?

6. Roberto

Roberto Member

[video=youtube;H8MI7ohai40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8MI7ohai40[/video]

"I hope you all like Lager cause the only bitter we got lives next door" :emoticon-0140-rofl:

7. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

couple cheekys deep and the time is killing me as all I know is a million different stories on Torres, spuds can't get aguero, who are Kenny and Commoli looking at...... does this Pub serve popcorn because I will need it for the show tomorrow!

8. Sir Richard Pumpaloaf

Hi all, just signed up. Does this forum close at 11pm like another well known forum contaning the number 606 in it's name?

9. Roberto

Roberto Member

No it stays open, it's going to be an interesting evening ;)

10. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Well, It's been an eventful day today! I think we've had a good day all in all though; the only downside is the inflated fee for Carroll. Not much we can do about that though.

I'm certainly looking forward to the summer window, I can see us making a couple more marquee signings, and I think some bargain quality signings will be on their way in as well.

Did anyone see the cheeky bid by Spurs for Charlie Adam? Looks like we've beaten them to 2 players today, and they couldn't land the last one we wanted.

11. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

A good days work I'd say. I think a pint's in order! Torres and Babel out for 56 and Carrol and Suarez in for 58. Both on contracts till 2016 with the potential to form an incredible partnership. Now this summer we need to continue the re-build with two wingers and a left back!

12. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

We don't even have to pay for 2 wingers and a left back, we have plenty of quality in those departments in the reserves/academy. We should just promote them up and hope they do as well as Kelly has done.

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Bartender... Ill pour a little out for Torres but give me the good stuff for our two new additions, hopefully the number 7 will be fulfilled once again and the new 9 will continue to be a good number for us.

Also little coincidence.... wasn't Torres first league game against Chelsea and he scored? Will his first league game with Chelsea be against us?

14. Muppetfinder General

I can't find any confirmation that Insua is definitely on his way back. I can only find reports that A) he's looking forward to playing for Kenny, or B) Juventus are taking over the loan from Galatasaray.

15. leafygreensuburb

my back is now fixed again but now my van has broke down, starter motor has worn out. life eh? On footy matters, it seems to have been a good days work yesterday, Torres didn`t look bothered for much of the season so its probably a good thing he`s gone. can`t wait to see Carrol and Suarez team up together. don`t think we`ll see him falling over like girl as Torres did sometimes, you must admit that it was a ted embarrassing. also Gerrard might be able to give him a few tips on his up and coming court appearance.

16. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of Robinson or Mavinga, but Insua could be a good choice too.

17. Muppetfinder General

He'd be a good squad player to grow and could share the duties with Aurelio if Kenny does put Johnson at right mid. I thought Insua returning might've been the reason the Warnock deal didn't happen. I think last season he and Ngog gained a lot of experience you can't buy being thrown in and they both improved steadily. He may not have the pace but he can put a good cross in (perfect for Carroll) and look how long it took Aaron Lennon to learn that.

18. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Yea looking back on it Insua wasn't as bad as many people were making out, especially comparing him to konchesky.

19. RushFowlerGerrard

Removed Torres from my username which was theraputic.

20. Muppetfinder General

No denying he and Johnson needed defensive work but we had one of the best managers for that. Reina's three Golden Gloves says so.

It was frustrating, though, that Rafa got stick for being "too defensive" (*cough*Hodgson*cough*) then when he got rid of Arbeloa (2 goals in 3 seasons) and Dossena for attacking wingbacks Rafa got stick for their defending. But we didn't have the money for a fullbacks who can defend and attack well. How much would two Ashley Coles cost?

It wasn't Ngog's and Insua's fault we didn't have the squad and they were forced into the spotlight sooner than they should've been. I think under the circumstances they did good. They were no trouble, got their heads down and did the work. Unlike Babel.