1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not sure she was ever picked as a starter anyway. Pretty sure she was mainly a sub.

I saw you call her bitter and mentioned the three failed investigations (to be fair you don't have to be a racist to make his racist comments) so misconstrued what you were saying a little. Sorry for that.

Tobes likes this.
  2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

She's got 102 caps for England and 33 goals, She was joint top scorer in Women's WC 2015 - she didn't do all that coming on as a sub.

We've had the 'what constitutes a racist' discussion many times on here and I don't want to do it again but when holding a position of authority, you can't go around making racist comments and expect to keep your job. I don't think anyone's called Sampson a racist, rather they've said he made racist comments, in terms of keeping his job, it made little difference. Just to add, it isn't up to the person issuing the comments to decide whether they're racist or not. Just as it isn't up to the person making any comments to decide whether they're offensive or not.

3. johnsonsbaby

Great job <ok>

Zanjinho likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

the point i feel is men of a white colour of a certain age miss the put yourself in thier shoes part of the conversation.

This woman has done a lot of things in her career to prove herself.

she has probably endured all her life comments and "jokes" and such that to the teller are not racist but to her are. thats the point. He's in authority and being crass and insensitive.

Look at this thursday's russel howard hour on SKY.... not the lad is getting a wee bit preachy TBH but he had Fiona Bruce on and this hollywood guy's story has allowed women to just talk openly about regular groping and comments from a young age.

We have to stop the branding of individuals as racist or this or that and focus on the fact that we are all capable of it. when people say institutional racism about the FA they are telling us all something quite important. we need to change. we need to continue work but we need a period of promotion of minorities into roles up and down the country. I perosnally work with women who have networks and that but they still can point to examples of this unconscious sexism in the work place even from other women.

The only way to "normalise" football is the bring it into line with society. its not like football is unique like.... the apple head of diversity did something really stupid last week and had to apologise but even having a senior role like that shows that its a long journey.

The lession should be if you feel the need to make jokes or pick out players just think.

5. johnsonsbaby

Some good points mito.

Society isn't perfect and never will be. I doubt we will ever get rid of racism, sexism, homophobia, religious zealots, religion haters ..... The best we can do is to each take personal responsibility for both our actions and what comes out of our mouths whilst also teaching our children tolerance and acceptance of others.

The FA's biggest mistake in this was in not taking collective responsibility and trying to brush it under the carpet with hush money or whatever. Like you say, it isn't hard to think before you say something that might be hurtful. If you can't do that when you're in an authoritative position, then you shouldn't be there in the first place. It's all about integrity. With authority comes responsibility.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

I agree. The tempting option is hush hush. The ethical and always best option is deal with things openly and as they occur.

The more the fa push this the worst it ended up.

Holding money over her was ridiculous

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  7. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Attached Files:

Jürgenmeiʃter and saintKlopp like this.
  8. saintKlopp

Presumably he already has.

9. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Thought this was a joke, but apparently it is genuine

10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Is there a male equivalent? <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.

11. Garlic Klopp

If someone other than the widow used the dildo, would that mean the late husband is cheating

Zanjinho likes this.
  12. Milk not bear jizz

Why have them cremated?

Just have them stuffed.

luvgonzo and FedLadSonOfAnfield like this.
  13. Garlic Klopp

All set for Halloween

please log in to view this image

14. Milk not bear jizz

Had to find an alternative route home last night. Police had blocked off a couple of entrances to my neighbourhood. There were 20-30 cars around blocking off various entrances and all up and down that street. Ambulances on standby. Looked like a scene from a movie.

There was an attempted kidnapping on one street. A child and grandparent escaped the house after gunshots fired. Police quickly arrived and surrounded the house. Dozens of people kept away from returning to their own homes until the police caught the armed couple inside that tried to kidnap the child.

This went on for several hours before the police realised the house they had surrounded was empty. The couple left before they got there. <laugh>

Zanjinho and FedLadSonOfAnfield like this.
  15. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Sounds like Crocky or Latchford <laugh>

16. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

17. Garlic Klopp

Our butcher is now doing Gin and Tonic sausages, what next Carling flavour!

18. moreinjuredthanowen

I would imagine a venison sausage with juniper flavour would be quite nice actually.

If it's raw gin and some **** tonic in a pork sausage no.

19. Milk not bear jizz

Somehow I've lived my life so far with never having had Gin. I'm a Gin 'gin. One day I'll have to try it; although, I understand it's an acquired taste so probably a bit late in life to become a Gin drinker.

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Never to late fella a good gin and tonic is a top drink.