1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Who flipped? A couple of teenage FIFA generation beauts on Twitter?

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

It's a very weird sponsor - red or not.

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Not really. Rovio have 25m facebook followers and their you tube channel has had over 3BN views.

4. FedLadSonOfAnfield

it's just a sponsor, so 2012 though, who even plays angry birds anymore ??

5. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Didn't watch the F1 (only watched one this season) but I see Hamilton is opening up a lead in drivers battle now and would still be winning if he DNFs the next one and Vettel wins. Too early and presumptuous to say he's got the title but finally looking good for him.

I wonder how many titles he's got left in him. He's getting old for an F1 driver now. (Which makes me feel old because I still think of him as young... <laugh>

Sad no other British drivers are doing well. I know there's supposed to be some young kid called Ahmed in the lower formula who is smashing records and has been compared to Hamilton and supposed to be Britain's next big talent but I don't know much about him.

(I do remember hearing similar things about Hamilton when he was a teen, and he ended up being the real deal)

If Ahmed doesn't turn out to plan is Britain looking at a long stretch with no decent drivers?

6. saintKlopp

We're all senior citizens of the board, no-one else can get on can they?

Zanjinho likes this.
  7. saintKlopp

I'm still on Galaxian. <ok>

organic red likes this.
  8. Milk not bear jizz

Ironically @Zanjinho is probably the newest member on the board. As you say, new members can't join without a global admin setting them up because the email confirmations don't work.

Zanjinho was created after the death of @Gerrez.

We all have seniority over Zanjinho.

9. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Well both Ferraris got taken out right after the start ... first time that has ever happened. Vettel squeezed Verstappen who was coming alongside him but Raikonnen had gone down the other side of Verstappen and Vettel didn't see, so all three ended up in a clusterfuck. Racing incident, although Vettel was the catalyst

After that in a wet race Hamilton was a dead cert to win. He's got plenty of time left at the top yet, look at Alonso (not that he's currently at the top but still debatably the best driver, maybe the best all rounder with Hamilton the fastest), he's 36 and still touted as a title winner if he can get the best car. Hamilton is only 32, very much in his prime for F1, so he can go for a good few years yet and as long as he's in the fastest, or equal fast car, can definitely win titles. It's actually common in F1 for older guys to win titles ...

Schumi 35
    Lauda 35
    Prost 38
    Both Hills 36 + 39
    Andretti 38
    Mansell 39
    Brabham 40
    Fangio 46
    Farina 43

You mean Enaam Ahmed who just equalled Senna's win for most wins in a season as F3 champ. Hard to say if he'll transition through the formulas with as much success. As for other Brits, you've got Palmer who looks only alright and is out of a drive after this season. Di Resta deserves a drive. There's other guys like Oliver Rowland who is second in the F2 standings but he's 25 so not exactly a speedy young hotshot

jenners04 likes this.
  10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

They can again now I believe. This was fixed about the same time the app stopped working (site was completely down for a day or two too)

11. saintKlopp

I remember the site being down, I didn't know we were open to new members again.
    We might get some new blood. Nozzer will be pleased......

InBiscanWeTrust likes this.
  12. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Galaxian was ace <ok>

saintKlopp likes this.
  13. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

And how many people seeing Angry Birds on your sleeve will know that? The older generation won't even know what it is.

Interesting that you use one social media forum to criticise and another to try and push the benefits :bandit:

I don't use twitter but I can bet it's gone into overdrive seeing Rooney with the new sponsors name on his sleeve given his current predicament <laugh>

14. Milk not bear jizz

It's a more competitive as a sport than it was in the 20th century. Only Schumacher has won it in the 21st century who was older than Hamilton is now. Even Schumie was a shell of his former self when he tried to do a comeback as an older driver. His last few seasons won he only won because he had a superior car.

Hamilton can probably go on and win for a few more years if he has a competitive car but once drivers get over about 34/35 they typically do start to slow down.

15. Milk not bear jizz

Don't know much about Rowland. Palmer unlikely to ever be WDC.

Enaam Ahmed, that's the one. Never seen any of his races but I've seen his name pop up on my news feed several times over the last few years. Making the same kind of ripples that Hammy did before Hamilton made it to F1. Hopefully he'll replicate Hamilton's success.

16. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Don't Utd have Tinder as a sponsor on their sleeve next season, seems a bit of a waste now that shagger Rooney has moved on!

17. moreinjuredthanowen

probably... though the mirror makes it sounds like the entire stadium burned an effigy of moshiri

Tobes likes this.
  18. Milk not bear jizz

Tinder is very odd since United's fan base are a bunch of ****ers. <whistle>

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Ah the Mirror, nuff said, for whatever reason they seem to hate us and post any old bilge that puts us in a bad light. They've even fallen out spectacularly with GOT.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

the mirror hates everyone. they are desperate to push online.