1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The SIR Kenny Dalglish Public House

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Sir_Red, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Is it true that American beer/lager is about half the strength of those in the UK? like only 2/3%??! Or is that just another one of those urban myths...

2. leafygreensuburb

dunno much about american ale but what i`ve tried i`ve loked, sierra nevada brewery springs to mind. can`t get them around here (grimsby is a ****ing hole but better than everton) unless its in Tosco or elsewhere

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Sierra Nevada is pretty good as well. Ya I think so, a lot of different stores are starting to sell Boddingtons, London Fuller Pride, Tennents, ESB, etc, but when you go to a bar you can immediately tell a difference between say a Guinness or any British beer compared to a budweiser, bud light, Miller, etc. Especially the new fad of " low calorie" beer. Bud light has 55 cal, Miller has MGD 64, but it is alcoholic water.

I prefer the cals and carbs, really brings out the beer for me. Sam Adams, SN, Dogfish, Yuengling are some of the few that really get it right as far as taste goes.

So after talking all that the answer is yes, they are weaker. German bevs are another one that you drink and immediately notice how much stronger it is than most American ales.

4. leafygreensuburb

its all going mad in Egypt isn`t it. think i`ll get me a beer (Badger Ales, Champion, nice sharp hoppy taste) and watch democracy in action. hopefully not to many killed and the people will have their way. its as bad as Salford on the news reports

5. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I was just thinking that myself, though when I lived in California I was told the second pint of the local brewer's fare came with headache tablets. I was chuffed to find the deli across the street sold bottles of Belhaven.

6. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

quick update i got that printed on a tee shirt ..........mint it is and only 12 euros about 40 of your english pence

7. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

That's pretty good :) cheers, I'll get looking for somewhere

8. James_8

James_8 Member

Great idea. That kenny pic is ace, aswordmadeofhash. I might steal that to use it as avatar.

Btw anyone on here on xbox live? Maybe we could exchange gamertags?

Mine's: James8James8

Usually play CoD Black Ops, FIFA 11 & CoD MW2

9. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Headache tablets? Sorry if I am a bit lost on that, although if you were referring to watered down American ale, then Miller light has always been called "headache in a can" back home. Kroger ( Grocery store) sells ESB, Fuller pride, and Boddingtons, but the best place for any international beer are world markets.

10. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

Stunnin Lady walks up to a bar.. She signals the barman to bring his face close to hers.. Runnin her fingers thru his hair she says softly "R u the manager?" He says "no".."Can u give him a message.?" she asks, strokin his face & allowin 2 fingers to slip into his mouth so he can suck them gently and sliding them seductively across his teeth and round his tongue. "Tell him there's no toilet paper...."

11. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Revolting and Hilarious :D

12. Sir_Red

Just popped over to 606. Finding it hilarious the amount of WUMS they have there compared to here. Even though most of the die hard 606ers refuse to move here, because apparently we have a WUM issue...?!

13. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

When this first opened, all that was seen was vulgar words and the Liverpool boards first poster was I think Berbnanidez? With something along with F Liverpool Your F this F that..... turned a lot of people off. I actually like this a bit more. The problem will be where everyone goes as there are sites like talking spot, new 606, not 606 , etc.

14. Sir_Red

:emoticon-0159-music

If you leave me now
    You'll take away the biggest part of me
    Oo, oo, oo, no, Torres, please don't go
    And if you leave me now
    You'll take away the very heart of me
    Oo, oo, oo, no, Torres, please don't go
    Oo, oo, oo, oo, I just want you to stay

:emoticon-0159-music

15. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

What an up and down day, Suarez deal nearly done and now Nando wants out! I need a drink!

16. Sir_Red

Ah King Kenny, I'm with you on that one. A nice cold pint of San Miguel would be fantastic. Bitterly dissappointed with Torres. Although Rooney,Fabregas, and Tevez have all requested transfers in the past and they've ended up staying....

17. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

To tail on my American beer compared to British lager, decided to test it tonight.... big difference in the Bud/Miller/Coors compared to a Guiness/Newcastle/Boddington ( what was at the store, in case you are wondering). I am not sure what the equivalent of Budweiser is over in Britain but there are beers here to be proud of and one I forgot about is Shiner bock.

In other words it has been a long week and an even crazier day..... I am not sure I want to know the news tomorrow!

18. leafygreensuburb

bloody bbc606 moderators just took off one of my postings, this time on the subject of that tennis boy Murray. the subject was about whether english people will support him because he`s scottish. all i said was that i`m as english as u can get (mum is welsh, dad is serbian) and i won`t support him because when he talks he puts me to sleep, nothing about being scottish at all. the post was pulled because it was deemed racist ????? what, can someone explain the logic please?

19. leafygreensuburb

bloody bbc606 moderators just took off one of my postings, this time on the subject of that tennis boy Murray. the subject was about whether english people will support him because he`s scottish. all i said was that i`m as english as u can get (mum is welsh, dad is serbian) and i won`t support him because when he talks he puts me to sleep, nothing about being scottish at all. the post was pulled because it was deemed racist ????? what, can someone explain the logic please?

20. leafygreensuburb

weird, dunno why that got posted twice, might need a beer myself but can`t get outta bed, sciatica, 3 days now. bloody sick of Midsommer Murders and Loose Women and never thought i would say that