1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 16, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Leeds have signed highly rated York City forward Ryan Edmonson.

please log in to view this image

The 16 year old has penned a four year deal at Elland Road.

Interestingly Phil Hay describes the move and says 'This deal's the start of a wider plan of UK and Yorkshire-based junior recruitment at Leeds'

Thoughts?

What does he mean by that?

Are Leeds going to concentrate on being the best academy in the Country?

Is this also an indication that Rad is not going to fork out on high quality players?

Phil Hay has been speaking to Leeds' MD Angus Kinnear about TC's future at ER.

“I don’t think it’s fair to question him,” Kinnear said. “Most fair-minded supporters would look at a manager coming into a completely new league, a very challenging league, and working with a new squad with new players and say that to be three points off the play-offs now is not far off what you’d expect a new manager to do.

“In what we’ve seen at Thorp Arch and in a number of performances there’s plenty to suggest that Thomas has absolutely the potential to deliver in this league. The position we’re in is not way off track from where we want to be, three points off the play-offs. Our target is to get into the play-offs. “I think we’ve demonstrated we can beat any team in the division when the team play as they can.

However, Andrea and the rest of the board have really high standards and these results - and in some of the games, the underlying performances - don’t meet with those standards. “Naturally there’s concern because we need to stay in touch with the play-off places but we’re confident the ingredients are there to regain the form and get back on track.”

During Phil Hay's interview with Kinnear it was also revealed that both Wood and Green wanted to leave at the end of last season.

That surprises me about Green.

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Just having a read up on Ryan it says we beat off competition and it's a dream move for him joining the club has has supported from childhood.

ellandback likes this.
  3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Desperate stuff from Kinnear.... we are mid table and only as high as that because of results gained months ago The only good news came with the "we must stay in touch" comment. lose on Sunday and we are no longer in touch and TC is history hopefully.

I am not remotely interested in the kids we sign as only 2% make it, and if they are decent they will be sold to line Rads pockets.

Green was told he would be number 2 to the german ****e, would you put up with that? With one eye, one leg and at 54 years old I wouldn't expect the sit on the bench while that crock of kraut **** flaps and concedes at every opportunity.
    Shame my grandad didn't shoot his grandad in the war and resolve the problem before it arose.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning To Matt ERIC AND CO From a sunny Bardsey where I woke to a very beautiful yellow sky so expect rain later!
    I think we have to all stand together on this and give TC every encouragement
    I think AR is working is way up the ladder getting his ducks or should I say ducklings into place by going out and getting the best youths available
    By January I expect us to make at least 3 significant signings a goalkeeper Alex MacarthY for me
    Aleft back Joe Bryan
    A strikeDwight Gayle for me
    If there is anymoney left after this spend a CB

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  5. leeds60

He looks a lot older than 16 is he really 6feet 5

6. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

And that could be a problem, is he so much better than his age group because he is physically years ahead of the rest at that level.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. So Wood revealed end of last season he wanted to leave. We had the full summer to replace him and we came up with Lasogga. Brilliant. All seems to be based on potential of new signings rather than what they’ve achieved to date so let’s hope this is the right policy. Time will tell

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  8. leeds60

For what its worth I like the fact thatAR has thought out things logically surely its better bringing in young players with careers infront of them .Who are hungry for success and no better platform thanER
    I don't want some 30+ JOINING US for a last pay day with no resaleable value

Eric Le Merde and xbpod like this.
  9. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Presumably your grandad was too busy shouting ‘Churchill out’ after Dunkirk... and complaining that our soldiers couldn’t shoot straight to get round to shooting anyone himself.:emoticon-0100-smile

FORZA LEEDS, leeds60, davy and 3 others like this.
  10. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Dont you just love MDs they always say such kind words <ok>

Heres my take.

Youre fooking ****e lost 7 of your last nine lose the next 2 you WILL get relegated TC will not be sacked he has a contract that Rad will honour. In Jan Leeds 60 will not get his wishes just another 6 or 7 lottery tickets <laugh>

Look on the bright side you wont lose anybody in Jan.<ok>

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well I see nothing much changed on here still, so will leave this with you. Firstly Kinnear has basically said we support the manager whos doing ok, and we think he has all the tools to do what we expect. We do however have high standards .....Which means if things dont pick up soon he will be gone. I think he will survive. Secondly it seems Lassoga is still getting beat up on here even though his stats say he doesnt deserve it. Just maybe he should be given the fooking ball to get onto because when he does he has a good strike rate. Thirdly about the kids, many on here will remember when Bates allowed our Academy Director to leave the club and go to Man City, he took with him his chief scout and coach who also had all the contacts in QWest Yorkshire for every boys club and school. between them they took every kid who had potential over the Pennines and got around the regs by bussing the kids over for training/coaching. Man City became the best Academy thanks to our guys. Bates started charging parents ....... He closed the education department, housekeeping, medical centre. sacking everyone. Radz is now trying to rebuild that because he realises football cannot carry on spending £100m on a player. He has taken young kids from top European clubs and brought them over, hes taken other young kids and loaned them to a sister club in Spain & Middle East. He is now searching for top 16 year olds as well as looking for kids much younger. He gave that plan away last year when he was advertising for families who were willing to take in an academy player, be cook and mum/housekeeper to them and make sure they were brought up in a good environment as a family member. The club are doing this as the TA boarding centre is damp, left rotting and would take too much to put right. Radz plan is to build on Matthew Murray for the new Academy which will have everything. He is looking at the club from the grassroots up and deserves support.

12. milkyboy

It was obviously interview day for kinnear yesterday....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05kstnq

No great scoops in there. Typical media trained responses to all questions but comes across reasonably well... even if he’s airbrushing over current form as a few defeats!

Seems pretty confident the training ground development will go ahead.

For all the negativity about signings etc, my view on Radz was that he had a vision but no football experience. So he took the ear of a few people and created a business model he believes is sustainable. The downside was it resulted in to me a high risk appointment in orta, and a pure punt in TC.

If they pay off in the longer term great... if not then the mettle of radz will show in when he recognises it and what he does about it.

Personally I have some confidence in him personally (notwithstanding that he’s a PR guy who understands how to resonate with people). I buy into the off-field stuff... which is why kinnear was brought in... but less confidence in the playing side decisions.

I guess orta would say he’s laying the foundations for a long term plan with the youth signings etc... and it will take time to see the benefits to that.

As fans we’re more interested in the here and now, and we need a pretty serious turnaround in fortunes.

13. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone.Its great AR is thinking about building for the future with these young sighnings etc,but you know what?its the present that concerns me,someone mentioned 30yrs plus players,but if their experienced and looking to the end of their careers,but are also willing to put a shift in to get us out of this damned league and into the premiership,so be it,look at the past strachan,mc allister,chapman etc all great Leeds players,but were hardley at the begining of their careers,these are the type of players we need at the moment,their must be some out their?.all very well having a great academy but what will these great youngsters be worth if were playing in league one,premier clubs will be coming to us for bargains which we can supply,but still at least we can say we have a great academy<doh>. I don't know about you guys but i'm not getting any younger :cry:and i want to see Leeds utd back in the top flight because i think we have waited long enough,and tomorrow/the future never comes.WE NEED QUALITY EXPERIENCED SIGHNINGS NOW.sorry for shouting guys<hug>

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  14. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

You can wave your free flag at ER this week in support <ok>
    your free sponge hand will follow along with your free clappers have a wonderful day out dont forget your party hats lads ok <ok>

<diva><diva><diva><diva><diva><diva><diva><diva><diva><diva>

Are you Reading in disguise ?
    looking like only one proper footy club left in this league <wah>

:emoticon-0159-music Please dont take my Millwall away :emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl

15. lifecheshirewhite

:emoticon-0132-envy: jealous because you Don't have enough fans to make a flag.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  16. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

upload_2017-11-16_11-47-42.jpeg
    We are leeds <laugh>

17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Exactly my feelings. Well said <applause><applause><applause>

18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Is your game on the box i fooking hope so <laugh>

19. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I’m not reading in disguise, just wearing my usual stuff

20. milkyboy

I think it’s a legitimate point to make... but coming from a Millwall fans who likes to sign off with fisting emojis?