1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 26, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

The rumour is that Jansson will start tonight. Could not help but think at the time that Ipswich would not have scored their first from the set piece had Jansson had been playing!

In fact the only player on the treatment table is Ekuban, who is expected not to play until November.

It was revealed in Christiansen's presser yesterday that Lasogga refused to ask the gaffer to be excused from the Ipswich game follwing the birth of his baby daughter on Friday night. Nor did the German mention the birth to team mates or management.

Liam Cooper has been called up to the Scotland team!!!

Speaking in his presser, Scotland team Manager Strachan said :

He’s playing well. He’s playing in a winning side and he is a big influence on the side, he is the captain now. That’s big progress for Leeds, which is good, and himself,”

“I probably should have had him in the last squad to be honest but I made sure I didn’t make the same mistake again. Because of his performances, he is back in the squad. He has been highly-rated by my scouting staff and myself over the past couple of months.”

Well done Liam!!!

Is Cooper that good, or are Scotland that poor though?

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Morning

On Scotland- With their Celtic roots both OLOF and Shaks could get into their international squad. The Sweatties are so piss poor Malta, San Marino and Luxembourg would paste them.
    Chesney is a clueless manager.. legend for us as a captain but cant cut it as a manager in todays world.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Farsleyexile and Doc like this.
  3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning Glory

4. Chippy / Glory

Only just...

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

They still wouldn’t lose to Iceland though

davy and OLOF like this.
  6. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

morning ... good to have Pontus back, he is a warrior ... Cooper is finally showing us his quality, really felt for him when he had to play with Bellusci next to him and Silvestri behind him, not to mention the invisible midfield in front of him

Scotland are suffering badly, and I predicted their national team would suffer when they shut down their old format for the reduced teams Premier League ... it was a move to get more Old Firm games on the calendar, but what it did was reduce the number of players given exposure to playing against the "best" in Scotland ... today the SPFL is very poor, and former strong clubs like Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United would struggle to hack it in the Championship ... it's very sad, because the game needs a strong Scotland producing a conveyor belt of talent ... when you think that Steven Fletcher is leading their line it's fcuking depressing ... won't be too long before England's national team joins them on the international scrap heap though thanks to the Prem's greed

fcuk you know who

Radz is God

The-Don, Marcos Barber and patb like this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all Strachan knows Wilkinson but can never emulate him. Strachan knew Billy too but ...... Anyway well done Coops, well deserved, but is there a huge difference between Pontus & Coops? Pontus would get into any Prem team, but would Coops. is he that far behind the England CBs?

Tonight will be the toughest test so far, a midweek schlepp down to the arse of Wales, a cold damp night, a brutal not pretty team wound up by a mongrel manager to damage Saiz & Alioski to stop us. Coming away without any injuries will be ok, a draw even better but a win would be awesome & put some fresh air into the top.

davy, Whitejock, BillysStatue and 4 others like this.
  8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Unusually I think it's dry and mild in South Wales tonight... so that's one excuse gone... so just the brutal team and mongrel manager to cope with doc!

Feels like a big game. Come on Leeds.

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

morning all bit of humour i found on leeds facebook page...well it made me chuckle.

Our lass has threatened to leave me because of my obsession with Leeds united. She Saiz it's all I talk about. I try my hardest to provide for her but it seems putting a Roofe over her head and food on top of the table isn't enough. It's not always being plain Ayling but this has come as a bolt out of the blue. Things Grot a bit out of hand one night after a few too many Beradi and cokes. She Phillips over the slightest thing after a drink. Anita to understand that she means the Weidwald to me and we need someone to Pontus in the right direction, she's been to Elland back bless her.

OLOF, Farsleyexile, 2 pennth and 3 others like this.
  10. Chippy / Glory

Billy some of your gags are fantastic.
    "The best in Scotland".... <applause><applause><applause><applause><applause><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Fcuk Scotland

11. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

<laugh> Very clever,how do people come up with these things?. Hope were all laughing after tonight<cheers> C'MON LEEDS.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  12. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

She told me when she was O'Kaned on Bailey's that that she'd hadi nough, was giving me the sacko and moving in with her
    grandma. Eunan? I said. She said Hernandez look after her better than I do. I came home from work and she'd packed her bags, she was lonergan. It's a bit of a shaughnessy.

....Milky won't be giving up the day job!

13. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0136-giggl Not bad.

14. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Wolves fans said much the same a few weeks back before our game at their place. They were the only side who could play football and we were a very rough bunch who might hurt them....<laugh><laugh>

Get real fellas - Espirito Santo got taught a lesson on how to win a game in this league - and it had nothing at all to do with "being rough". He was outmanaged and his team outplayed on the day.

Anyone who stereotypes a side one way or another at this stage is making a big mistake in this league. Warnock has picked up the tab that he is all grunt and no class but this is about winning sufficient points to get out of this bloody league.

I'd back him to beat any "gloves on in October" continental twat who thinks their God's gift to the Championship like Santo.

Others like Carvalhal, Farke, Stam, even Jokanavic at Fulham all want to play the pretty stuff but it's got them nowhere at the moment. Wagner was the exception and Christiansen may be as well - let's wait and see. <ok>

15. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I would not play alioski i would bench him.put dallas on one side and roofe the other.bench hernandez and play lassoga as lone wolf.saiz given free rein and maybe start veiera too.puts more grit in the side and gives optiobs for later in the game.but then again what the fook do i know just ask chippy.

16. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

We are banking on a penalty from our old mate Bamba.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Mongrel manager is is correct as he has no finnese. Gobby cnut who rages at players to get stuck in and when he gets a player with skill he dont know what to do with them. He had a belter at QPR but by the time the kid left to play his football in Italy he was as fat as Paddy Kenney

18. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nah, Bamba doesn't take them for us.

19. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

The Millwall version;
    After a few too many pints of Websters down my Gregory the Mrs was not best pleased,especially as i haven't got the shopping she wanted. "Archer going to Morison's or what!!?" she barked as she got me in a half Nelson,"i don't know why i Meredithed you!!" she frustratingly continued "and don't going putting a Fred of that ****e Not606 site, get your White Saville row suit on and shuffle to some tunes from Donovan and James Brown" i said to my mate "O'Brien i'm in the doghouse again"

20. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

As I only know one of your players here's my version - Millwall ground sold to make way for a Morrisons.