1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Realistically, how many games unbeaten can Leeds go?

If we were offered 12, would you take it?

Additionally, if Leeds were to be guaranteed a play off place NOW, would you take it?

David Prutton has compared Leeds Utd with ..... Huddersfield!!!

“To anyone who says the table doesn’t matter at this stage, I cautiously disagree,” Prutton said.

“A year ago it was Huddersfield Town in first place with 16 points; out of the blue, totally unfancied but sticking around.

“You’d have lost count of the number of people who said it wouldn’t last, and maybe I was one of them, but they did what successful teams do – they gave themselves a cushion.”

2. LeedsInHeaven

LeedsInHeaven Well-Known Member

His point is essentially true, none of us knew what to expect at the start of the season and we've racked up points quickly. The best thing though is the style of play and performances. We're creating chances after chances and that hopefully will give us the edge.

3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Probably 29

FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.
  4. Eric Le Merde

Huddersfield are cr4p - that's the difference

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. The upcoming Cardiff game is probably the most likely to cause problems, but you never know in the Championship, first defeat will be when we least expect it. No, I wouldnt take a play off place now. It didnt do the Wendies or Fulham any good last season, too much of a lottery for me.I hope to see us do a Newcastle or Brighton and effectively keep a cushion ahead of the third team all season

6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

The difference is last season Huddersfield won promotion, we didn't.
    Just saying
    :emoticon-0130-devil

7. Eric Le Merde

twopence they are still cr4p - not saying their football team is as they won promotion - just the place

8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Another big difference, this season we got most of our transfer business done early and actually had a pre season. Last year, we were a half dozen games in when Monk had any kind of a settled setup.We were effectively out of the running for the autos by then

9. Eric Le Merde

Although thinking about it - Wagner is a great name for him especially if you are dyslexic, like me, with an imagination

10. Eric Le Merde

And why the F are you sticking up for dog sh$553rs

Irishshako likes this.

11. 2 pennth

IS and ARE put a big difference to the reading of a sentence.
    Sorry just in that kind of mood to day

12. 2 pennth

Just the facts

13. 2 pennth

Now to get back to the original post.
    Auto's for me never have liked play offs
    Leeds do not belong in the also ran's
    Apart from that and just to clarify for Eric
    My son in law and grand daughter have been avid season ticket holders with Huddersfield for years.
    Can you imagine the amount of humble pie I had to eat last season, but credit where it's due.
    Auto's with a big goal difference would be so sweet for me.

seabreeze likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good morning all, it would be nice to think we could build a little cushion between us and 3rd place in anticipation for Christmas and the new year.

All teams have a bad run, some go on longer than others so I'm not taking anything for granted.

I thought it would take us 10 games for Thomas to realise his best team and for players to gel, we are miles ahead of where I imagined us to be.

As far as I know we haven't any contractual problems to distract anyone this January either? Hopefully the talk will be of who we might sign and not who is refusing to renew.

seabreeze and southernwhite like this.
  15. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd settle for second auto place if it was offered now (of course I would really, just a tone setting comment)

We need to go up as clear champions because the sooner it's obvious we are going up the sooner the whole management can start planning for next season in the prem. Thats another reason the playoffs are bad, your team is not really good enough plus you are focused on getting up until the last game of the season.

I'm less interested in how long before a defeat than in
    A) how many defeats in the whole season - I'd love us to match the 2 defeats of the great Revie team when they won div 1 (I think - lol)
    B) how long we can go with a clean sheet. Think clean sheets give the team a lot of confidence, the attack "know" they only have to score once and it's 3 points - takes the pressure off

David Prutton clearly can't have looked at Huddersfields Legoland stadium recently

16. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Harry Redknapp's interview on Sky Sports last night, this is a man i admire and think he should be the England Manager, but he looked to be grovelling for his job, may be wrong but it looked like it to me!!

17. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

The current record for Leeds for clean sheets is 8 in a row I believe set back in the 1920s (I think I read that somewhere).

Do we think felix could meet or beat that?

18. Eric Le Merde

Mate if I had dog botherers in the family I wouldn't be making comments like you have done. I would be hanging my head low. Pull you head in or it will get stamped on - just saying :emoticon-0130-devil

19. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Morning all,
    Bag as many points as possible now, everyone goes through a sticky patch, but after saying that TC has so many permutations he is keeping everyone on there toes, and i personally believe we have not played our strongest team yet, the defence looks rigid, the goals scored against us speaks for itself, but CBJ is a better LB than Anita in my eyes due to his pace and crossing ability, Cooper his playing out of his skin but i think Pennington has the edge over him, Ayling, Pontus, Pennington and CBJ looks big and strong to me and a massive threat at set pieces, the midfield and up front is another story and probably another posting.

20. Eric Le Merde

Seriously the most unbeaten we have done is 29. It was a good run and we won the league that year....but.... keeping the unbeaten run meant that we had a few draws. It would prehaps have been better to have a shorter unbeaten run and missed out on the draws and taken a loss or two for the wins. This is more relevant now with 3 ponts for a win.