1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League The Blue Prophet Prediction League - Preston North End (A)

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Blue Sheep, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Deepdale. A name that strikes a certain cord with City supporters of recent times after the mauling given out as part of the 07-08 Playoff collapse. Despite relegating PNE last time we visited it is still the 6 nil hammering that rings with the mention of the word. Admittedly, then Preston were challenging for the playoffs too, now they are a struggling promoted team and languish in the relegation places. A repeat of that result would be a surprise - given the way City have started this season but another slip like Rotherham is possible.

If ten games is your marker for the season, then both last years Champion and Runner Up are in trouble - and they'll need improved from after this international break to avoid this season turning into a relegation scrap. Frankfurter's blistering form means that the rest of Div 2 has struggled to keep up, only rookie Barry Tiger able to produce anything near his predicting success rate. The fight for the auto's could be over as soon as it has begun and will need Steveoldinho and Co to produce the predicting accuracy to make up what is already a 5 point gap. However, there is a long way to go.
    Tables 04-10-15.jpg

2. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

2 1 to us. Mr Jones has let me down all season but this is the game he comes good.

3. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

1-0 city mason

4. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

PNE 0 v 2 CCFC

Surely its time for Whitts to score!!!!

5. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I'll plump for a 1-3 bluebirds win. Must go for Mason as he's done well for me thus far this season.

6. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

PNE 1 CCFC 3

Mason please Mr Blue Sheep

7. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Lilywhites 1-3 City

Whittingham

Cheers

8. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Preston 1-2 Bluebirds please. Mason again

9. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

1-1 pls Sheep, Mason

10. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Mark Kennedy's diving header still brings a wry smile Classic

11. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Nice to see a post from an opposing team supporter for a change - without resorting to cheap shots. Can't argue with his comment. He has posted a match thread on the Preston site: -

New With the international break over it's time for real football to return, the Bluebirds make their first visit since they relegated us with a 1-0 four years ago which was a rare victory at Deepdale. Over the years they have had some real hammerings at Preston 9-0, 5-0 and a 6-0 battering about 10 years ago which included possibly the best own goal of all time when Mark Kennedy majestically headed past his own keeper.
    Since then the Bluebirds have had a slightly roller coaster existence mainly down to the eccentric Mr Tan, who allienated the fans by changing the colour of the home shirt from blue to red although they are back to blue again. They have had a spell well one season in the top division certainly were not disgraced and are now looking to get back under Russell Slade who appears to be doing a decent job at the moment whilst the club seems to have reached a period of stability.
    Last time out drew 1 all at leaders Brighton with Joe Mason scoring an early goal, they still have Peter Whittingham playing for them always tends to do well against us.Up front Kenwynne Jones is always a physical presence, they have won at Forest on their travels but will be no push over.
    McCarthy and Beckford still injured, Garner suspended with Doyle not able to play against his parent club means a probable forward line of May and Hugill, Gallagher will probably start for the first time in six weeks. Also Wright will now be free of suspension so will go straight back into the back line given that Huntington is still injured.
    Will our forward line finally score a go this season, game 11 and all goals have come from midfield. Time to start winning some games in my view and also in the Owner's view who thinks we should finish mid table this year and go up next season so no pressure on Mr Grayson then.

If fairness, a well balanced summary. They clearly have problems up front although I see our nemesis Paul Gallagher plays for them. He has always done well against us no matter who he plays for. I hope his concerns over Whitts and KWJ come to fruition so I will go for 2 - 0 to us. KWJ to notch.

Thanks Sheepy.

12. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

1-2 to us please Sheep

I'll change my scorer to Sami please Blue.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  13. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

I try to be fair otherwise not worth posting no point in arguing with opposition fans won't get you anywhere. For those coming best have a safe journey

14. Rumney Bluebird

Rumney Bluebird Active Member

I will go for a Preston 1 Cardiff 1 - Mason the scorer

Thanks

15. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

<ok> Themaclad. Probably 4/500 making the trip. Not me though, a bit too far.

It will be interesting to hear your post match views on both teams and the outcome.

16. hampshire Blue

hampshire Blue Active Member

PNE 2 City 3

Time for Whitts to score again.

17. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Preston dont concede many at Deepdale and seem hard to beat. Those teams that have scored more than one goal against them are better than us so I am going for a 1 - 1 draw with Mason to net for City

18. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Preston 1 City 2 with Whitts to score please sheep

19. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

2-0 to us please Mr Sheep.

Ralls has to score sooner or later doesn't he? I'm not going to stop picking him 'til he does.

20. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

He netted only 3 games ago at Rotherham, albeit from the spot.